8528 Oak Rd., Parkville, MD 21234 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Jason Knauer Photography

Jason Knauer is a full service, independent, insured, social photographer serving the Baltimore and Washington DC metro areas. His packages center around value and quality, and all of his services include rights to reprint for the couple.

Jason entered the world of wedding photography as an assistant to one of Washington D.C.'s premier social photographers. This experience was invaluable in learning the trade in the high pressure, time, and image sensitive environment of society clientele. It afforded him the opportunity to hone his professionalism and craft at the most exclusive locations in the Mid-Atlantic.

With a style rooted in the contemporary tradition, Jason puts his own twist on classic images by applying a cinematographic approach. He prefers to set a scene and capture the emotions and expressions as they naturally flow, rather than pose heavy handedly to evoke contrived feelings. His gentle hints and tweaks give direction for his subjects to look their best, while remaining completely at ease. Jason has captured weddings in traditions from around the world and takes great care to both respect and immortalize these sacred moments. Jason approaches every wedding with the quiet confidence gained from photographing weddings for over seven years and the enthusiasm to tell each couple's story with romantic, timeless images that reflect the beauty and joy of the experience.

17 Reviews for Jason Knauer Photography

Hailey · Married on 05/25/2013

Jason was phenomenal in every way! He provides an engagement session, that allows you to see his style and get to know him as a photographer. At the wedding, he was there for every step of the way. He was extremely professional, and captured the most beautiful pictures. Throughout the wedding, he would show me the pictures on his camera, let me know when he saw an opportunity for a beautiful picture, and was actively taking pictures to make sure he captured every minute. I also love that he gives you the complete rights to the pictures, which means that you can easily use the pictures from the engagement session for save the dates (which we did through vistaprint) and to create thank you cards. I enjoyed having Jason photograph our wedding, and I cannot wait to see the pictures! I would strongly recommend Jason for any wedding.

Sent on 05/27/2013

melissa · Married on 03/23/2013

Jason was timely and thorough in response to emails from the beginning of the process. He spent a great deal of time with us in an engagement shoot getting to know our personalities, so that he knew how to work with us during the more stressful wedding day photos. His shots are great and his personality is fun. The proof album is a keepsake in & of itself and arrived shortly after the wedding. Thank you Jason!

Sent on 06/24/2013
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 11/24/2012

We absolutely loved Jason as our wedding photographer this past weekend. He was so easy to work with and we were comfortable with him as soon as we met him. I had not met him before the big day and had no idea what we were in store for, and I truly feel like we lucked out with him. He had great ideas for photos, as well as went along with any ideas that we had and made them work. He even went out of his way to help us with some things that were not agreed upon in our package.
    We have not yet seen all the pictures (the wedding was only a couple days ago), but what i did see on his camera were awesome.
    We highly recommend Jason Knauer to anyone who wants a relaxed, professional photographer that is confident and kind. Thank you Jason for adding even more beauty to our night!
    Theresa & Adam

Sent on 11/26/2012

• Howerton+Wooten Events
    Howerton+Wooten Events Wedding Planners

Jason is one of my favorites He is professional, funny (the best sense of humor), and a joy to work with. On top of that, I enjoy looking at his wedding pictures. Jason has a great eye!

• 8528 Oak Rd. Parkville, 21234 See on map