Utica, NY 13501 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 30
  • Real Weddings 2

About Janelle Rodriguez Photography

I feel a maternal protectiveness towards photography. I fear the days I have to photograph a ceremony congested with iphones and ipads flying in the isle. I fight for true photo journalism and art concepts that are strong. I feel incredibly accomplished when I capture a genuine moment or a well executed concept. I've always admired Francesca Woodman and Diane Arbus for their tenacity and resilience as photographers. I love the ability to orchestrate light through a camera and the subjects that I photograph.

Follow Janelle Rodriguez Photography on

Janelle Rodriguez Photography 3
Janelle Rodriguez Photography 4
  • stereoswimmer

Andy · Getting married on 01/16/2020

Our experience with Janelle was so amazing. I contacted her about four months before I proposed to see if she would be able to do a surprise engagement shoot and capture my now-fiancee's reaction to the proposal. Janelle loved the idea, and was so excited to set everything up. She captured the moment it happened, and then we had an impromptu engagement photo shoot right there!

Janelle's services are absolutely worth every penny, and we couldn't have been more ecstatic to have her as our photographer!

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Janelle Rodriguez Photography 5

Janelle Rodriguez Photography's reply:

Andy, thank you so much for this review!!! It was amazing being a part of this amazing moment. Congratulations to you and Courtney!
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/27/2018

The best decision we made for our wedding

It's hard for us to put into words how happy we are that Janelle was part of our wedding day. Janelle was the first person we booked, and we NEVER worried if we made the wrong decision. On top of her absolutely gorgeous work that we fell in love with, we were able to see her business grow day by day with a curated Instagram feed, website and logo updates, and a Kleinfeld deal to name a few. She is constantly thinking of ways to improve her customer's experience. For example, she purchased a mirrorless camera system which allows her to take photos without hearing the shutter click! This small but important detail allowed us to fully enjoy every moment of our wedding day without being distracted. Every single person who sees our wedding photos remarks that our incredibly talented and artistic photographer was able to capture the raw emotion of our day, which is all we ever wanted. Beyond that, she is an amazingly warm person with beautiful talent and we feel like we've known her forever. We are so lucky Janelle was the photographer we chose to spend our wedding day with!

• danielle

danielle · Married on 09/23/2018

Hiring Janelle as our wedding photographer was one of the easiest and best decisions we made in the entire wedding-planning process. We planned our Lake George, NY wedding from Massachusetts, so I was not all that familiar with the upstate NY area or its vendors, but from our initial e-mail correspondence, I could tell that Janelle was not only extremely talented as a photographer (as evidenced on her blog and online presence!) but was a genuinely upbeat, effervescent, and fun person to interact with and be around. I cannot adequately describe how valuable those qualities were throughout the process. When we had our engagement shoot with her back in May, she put us completely at ease - it felt like we'd known her forever. Months later, at our wedding in September, she captured so many thoughtful, fantastic details of our wedding day, and we are so thrilled with the results. We'll be forever grateful for Janelle and her photos. Do yourself (and your everlasting memories!) a favor and work with Janelle!

Janelle Rodriguez Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Negatives, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Real Weddings

• Gavin Law Videography
    Gavin Law Videography Wedding Videographers

Janelle Rodriguez is one of those really rare photographers who doesn't let their work get stale. Every wedding she shoots has a unique and fresh perspective, showing off the individual couples while maintaining her style. Her and her team are so professional, and they're so able to make their clients feel at ease in front of the camera. Janelle Rodriguez Photography is one of my favorite photographers to work with, not only because of how well she works with her clients but of how well she works with other vendors. I highly recommend her to my clients!

• Utica, 13501 See on map