Peoria, IL 61604 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,250

About James McGhee Photography

I'm very, very lucky... not many people get to say that they love their job, but I do. My boss(es) are couples who are madly in love, on the happiest day of their lives; it makes it pretty easy to love my job. My name is James, and I photograph weddings, interior design, birds, snakes, and just about anything else I can find to point a lens at. Most of all, I live for creating photographs that my clients love... photographs that make them happy, make them cry, allow them to remember the entire day, and remember "that" one particular moment.

Some tidbits you ought to know about me:

~My very best friend in the world is a 140 lb. English Mastiff named Jack McCoy

~Several years ago I waded through a waist-deep, 1/2 frozen swamp to photograph a Great Horned Owl that I spotted in binoculars. The "owl" wound up being a cat.

~I've photographed two endangered species in the wild.

~I'm available to shoot your wedding absolutely anywhere on earth.

Philosophy

My ultimate goal is to provide a meaningful, powerful collection of memories of the most important day in your new family's lives. In getting to know, observing, and most importantly listening to the couples I work with, I'm able to create a set of images unique to each couple, that captures everything from the most grand moments of the day to the smallest details. I work to blend a classic and timeless style with cutting edge techniques and gear, resulting in a collection that will be as meaningful to you 30 years from now as it is exciting for you today. My satisfaction comes from you being deliriously happy with your entire experience with me... before, during, and after your wedding.

Follow James McGhee Photography on

untitled 42 4
601 of 1

6 Reviews for James McGhee Photography

Charissa · Married on 07/05/2014

I highly recommend James McGhee Photography for everyone's wedding and engagement photos!! My husband and I had the pleasure of having James as our photographer for our engagement photo shoot in Atlanta, GA and wedding day in Detroit, MI, and we couldn't be happier!!

James was the photographer for one of my good friend's wedding in Peoria, IL. I fell in love with his unique artistic style and ability to capture all the important moments of their special day. The bride and groom also raved about how easy, fun and friendly he was to work with!

I am from Detroit, and when recently engaged, I looked all over southeast Michigan for a wedding photographer with the same artistic style as James. I could not find any other photographer that was as affordable and with the same artistic eye as James in southeast Michigan! James travels anywhere outside of 100 miles of Peoria for one very affordable flat rate (still cheaper than other Michigan photographers with similar style without travel fees!!) This made my decision to choose a photographer for my engagement and wedding day really easy!! He was exactly the photographer I wanted!

With James' ability to travel, we were able to do our engagement session in Atlanta, GA, where my husband and I attend school, and our wedding day in Detroit, MI! This allowed us to capture our wonderful life in Atlanta that we both cherish so much and back home in Detroit where we grew up! He did a fantastic job with both our engagement photos and wedding day, and we couldn't be happier! Thank you!

Jay · Married on 06/15/2013

James did an unbelievable job photographing our engagement session and wedding! After our first wedding photographer backed out on us six months before our wedding, we were really nervous trying to find a new photographer. What was a frantic moment turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Researching photographers on like, we loved James' style. From his prior work, it was pretty obvious that he has an eye for capturing emotions artistically and in ways we hadn't seen from other photographers. His use of lighting was really cool, bringing a whole different life to the moments he photographed.

James started photographing our wedding day early in the morning and stayed late into the reception. He went the extra mile to make sure he got the shots we knew we wanted and so much more. Before the reception had ended, he was already sending us some of his favorite shots from the day.

One of the great things about James was that he was great to be around. You spend almost your entire wedding day with your photographer, so it was important to us that he was a good guy. James was personable, and we were happy to have him share our wedding day with us.

When the photos had been edited and we got to see most of them for the first time, we were blown away by the results. James captured all of the special moments in ways that made them stand out from other wedding photos. The angles were perfect, the lighting was just right, and James always seemed to find a way to make the photos unique.

We could not be happier with James. We would highly recommend him!

James was great with every aspect. My family can be crazy and asked for all kinds of family pictures and other things and he did them all. He got some great shots and even helped calm my nerves before the wedding. I loved all my pictures and the packages with pricing Was very reasonable.

James McGhee Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,375.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards
  • What photography services do you offer? Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Trash The Dress

• Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza
    Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza Banquet Halls

James is polite, friendly, easy going and professional. He has been our "house" photographer for well over a year and always does a great job. We would gladly recommend him to any of our clients!

• Peoria, IL 61604 See on map