Denver, CO 80206 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $5,999
Availability Check your date

About J. La Plante Photo

Jesse La Plante and Moira Kennedy are husband and wife wedding photographers who have been shooting weddings for kick-ass couples since 2008. Located in Boulder, Colorado, the duo works primarily in the Rocky Mountains, but travels all over the country and abroad to shoot weddings.

About Jesse:

I've been shooting weddings for ten years. Before that, I was a professional photojournalist.

I think most wedding photography is kind of uninspiring, so my brain is constantly churning to figure out how to do things a bit differently.

Skiing is my favorite pastime. We have two seasons here at J. La Plante Photo: wedding season and ski season.

If pressed, I could probably eat around 47 tacos.

I love to travel. I've been to all 50 United States and 16 foreign countries. So far…

Moira and I have been together for over 10 years and not a day goes by that I don't wonder just what in the hell she sees in me.

About Moira:

Events are in my blood. I grew up in a family-owned catering business and planned events at Georgetown University before I ever picked up a camera.

My goal when I set out to write this was to refrain from using any photographer bio clichés such as "I believe…" or "My passion is…."

Jesse and I met on spring break in the Bahamas. He offered to buy me a drink. It was an all-inclusive resort.

If I see a dog, I consider it a good day.

I'm an indiscriminately curious person. I've Googled everything from how soap works to the mechanics of butterfly migration.

Jesse taught me everything I know about photography.

Follow J. La Plante Photo on

J. La Plante Photo 7
  • Chad

Chad Morris · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing photos!

Beautiful photos and fantastic people! I feel lucky to have found them!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Diana Jacobsen · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing work!

Highly recommend J La. Plante Photo! Jesse and Moira were pheonominal work with. They are the best photogrpahers I've worked with and I hope I get work with them again. My husband and I are extremely happy with how our photo turned out. Jesse and Moira captured the essence of the day. Thank you so much...we could be not be happier with the photos!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/30/2018

I can't use enough superlatives to describe their work; truly phenomenal!

I researched many photographers online before settling on 4 to reach out to. Moira responded immediately, and set up a time for a phone call. She spent about 45 minutes talking to me just trying to learn more about my fiance and I, how we met, and what we were looking for in our wedding photos. By the end of that call, I felt like she really knew us. But I had to get the fiance on board, as I had done all the research to this point on my own. He looked at all the portfolios I presented to him, but when he saw Jesse and Moira's work, he stopped and literally said "Wow. You can really see the emotion in these photos, and feel it." That coming from him was HUGE! Next we met them for a beer and to get to know them a bit more. At the end of that, we were reassured that these were the people we wanted photographing our wedding. All our friends had told us that one vendor to definitely NOT skimp on for your wedding is the photographer. Jesse and Moira were worth every penny and then some. We picked them because we didn't want a bazillion forced, posed, or basic portrait images. They got some of the most unique shots I have ever seen. All of our friends and family who have viewed the photos said they were the best wedding photos they've ever seen. Half the time on wedding day I didn't even know where they were, because they blended in so well and have major photography ninja skills. They also have an insane ability to capture both the beauty of the environment (both inside and outside), as well as the spirit of the people, without one being at the expense of the other. And on top of all of that, they are just wonderful, mellow, awesome human beings. I am so grateful we chose to have them as our photographers, and so grateful for their amazing craft. I won't ever be getting married again, so I won't have cause to use them for another wedding :-) But YOU can, and you should!

Sent on 01/01/2019
    J. La Plante Photo 18
    J. La Plante Photo 19

J. La Plante Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,999.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,999.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress

• Little Details LLC
    Little Details LLC Wedding Planners

Jesse and Moira are the absolute best! I love working with them as they are on top of their craft! They bring talent, creativity and exceptional customer service to every wedding!

• J Creighton Studios
    J Creighton Studios Wedding Videographers

As a professional videographer, I've worked with the majority of photographers in Denver, not just for weddings but for concerts and corporate events as well. Of all the photographers I've ever worked with, I can honestly say that Jesse and Moira's creative talents are leaps and bounds above everyone else. Their work is exceptional, they're down to earth, energetic and just so much fun to work with. If my wife and I were getting married again, without a doubt we would hire J. La Plante to shoot our wedding.

• Shupe Homestead