Denver, CO 80206 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $5,999
Availability Check your date

About J. La Plante Photo

Jesse La Plante and Moira Kennedy are husband and wife wedding photographers who have been shooting weddings for kick-ass couples since 2008. Located in Boulder, Colorado, the duo works primarily in the Rocky Mountains, but travels all over the country and abroad to shoot weddings.

About Jesse:

I've been shooting weddings for ten years. Before that, I was a professional photojournalist.

I think most wedding photography is kind of uninspiring, so my brain is constantly churning to figure out how to do things a bit differently.

Skiing is my favorite pastime. We have two seasons here at J. La Plante Photo: wedding season and ski season.

If pressed, I could probably eat around 47 tacos.

I love to travel. I've been to all 50 United States and 16 foreign countries. So far…

Moira and I have been together for over 10 years and not a day goes by that I don't wonder just what in the hell she sees in me.

About Moira:

Events are in my blood. I grew up in a family-owned catering business and planned events at Georgetown University before I ever picked up a camera.

My goal when I set out to write this was to refrain from using any photographer bio clichés such as "I believe…" or "My passion is…."

Jesse and I met on spring break in the Bahamas. He offered to buy me a drink. It was an all-inclusive resort.

If I see a dog, I consider it a good day.

I'm an indiscriminately curious person. I've Googled everything from how soap works to the mechanics of butterfly migration.

Jesse taught me everything I know about photography.

Follow J. La Plante Photo on

J. La Plante Photo 7
  • Shelby

Shelby Katz · Getting married on 11/05/2019

So amazing!

There are very few things in life where you want the best photographer and your wedding is one of them! We didn't want same old same old boring group photos we wanted a photographer who thought outside the box, who got to know us and our personalities and what made us happy and laugh! Luckily we found J. La Plante Photo when our friends used them at their wedding. We were blown away by those photos and we were then blown away again by our photos. I don't think words can describe just how amazingly cool these photos are! EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE has said the same thing about our photos... that they captured the amazingness of the night! Not only that, but their website is so easy to use making the download and sharing of photos so much easier! And to top all of this off, these two people (Moira and Jesse) are just lovely, kind, smart, sweet, and easy to work with.

Sent on 06/25/2019
    J. La Plante Photo 8

Kristin M · Married on 06/21/2019

Best Photographers Ever

Jesse & Moira make an amazing photography team. The photos they capture are insane. Their art is so different than other wedding photos and that is what we loved about them. I have gotten so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos from nearly everyone I know. Not to mention that they are amazing people and so easy to work with. Trustworthy, responsive, helpful. Not only were they our photographers, they helped us find our wedding planner (who was equally as amazing), and have become our friends.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Fuzy · Married on 05/17/2019

Best ever!

When I tell you my husband doesn't like pictures, I mean I MAYBE get one picture out of him. Two pictures? That's out of the question. Enter J. La Plante Photo. Jesse and Moira make taking pictures FUN! After our Alt session, my (now) husband could not wait to see them again for wedding photos and fun.

Not only do their pictures and talent blow everyone else out of the water, but they are genuinely awesome people who make taking pictures relaxing and entertaining at the same time. My family and friends cannot get enough of them and their pictures, nor can we obviously! They are so unique and captured us and our loved ones so perfectly.

I mean it when I say they are the absolute best, hands down, nothing even comes close. The insane shots and memories you will get from them are something you will cherish forever.

Wedding pictures are a big deal, and having the right photographers can make or break your day. Our wedding would not have been the same without Jesse and Moira, and I could never thank them enough for being who they are as individuals and as a team, and for utilizing their extreme and unique talent to give us the most epic pictures.

If you are lucky enough to book them, rest assured you are in fantastic hands and your wedding events will be one for the books!

Sent on 06/19/2019
    J. La Plante Photo 9
    J. La Plante Photo 10
    J. La Plante Photo 11

J. La Plante Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,999.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,999.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress

• Little Details LLC
    Little Details LLC Wedding Planners

Jesse and Moira are the absolute best! I love working with them as they are on top of their craft! They bring talent, creativity and exceptional customer service to every wedding!

• J Creighton Studios
    J Creighton Studios Wedding Videographers

As a professional videographer, I've worked with the majority of photographers in Denver, not just for weddings but for concerts and corporate events as well. Of all the photographers I've ever worked with, I can honestly say that Jesse and Moira's creative talents are leaps and bounds above everyone else. Their work is exceptional, they're down to earth, energetic and just so much fun to work with. If my wife and I were getting married again, without a doubt we would hire J. La Plante to shoot our wedding.

• Shupe Homestead