J. La Plante Photo

$6,800 Most Popular Price

$6,800 Most Popular Price

WHO WE ARE.
JESSE + MOIRA LA PLANTE

We do things a bit differently. We’re not big on taking standard, posey photos. We specialize in nontraditional wedding photography and everything you see on our website is real. Real weddings. Real couples. Real emotion. Our goal isn’t to simply take pretty pictures, but to create works of art that are unique to you and worthy of hanging above your mantlepiece. We limit our calendar to 20 weddings per year so we can pour every ounce of our blood, sweat and tears into each wedding.

About Jesse:

I’ve been shooting weddings for 15 years. Before that, I was a professional photojournalist.

If pressed, I could probably eat around 47 tacos.

Skiing is my favorite pastime. We have two seasons here at J. La Plante Photo: wedding season and ski season.

One of my greatest joys in life is cracking a beer after a long wedding day.

I love to travel. I’ve been to all 50 United States and 18 foreign countries. So far…

Moira and I have been together for 15 years and not a day goes by that I don’t wonder just what in the hell she sees in me.

About Moira:

Events are in my blood. I grew up in a family-owned catering business and planned events at Georgetown University before I ever picked up a camera.

If I see a dog, I consider it to be a good day.

I spent the first part of the pandemic befriending the squirrels in our backyard. I’ve given them names.

My idea of a perfect evening is a warm blanket, a good book and a glass of whiskey.

I’m a meticulous notetaker. I have dozens of notebooks with funny sayings on the covers. A current favorite is “F*cking Brilliant Ideas.”

Jesse and I met on spring break in the Bahamas. He offered to buy me a drink. It was an all-inclusive resort.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$5,800

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Slideshow
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$6,800

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
Slideshow
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Toning
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Prints

• Madelyne
    Madelyne R. Married on 12/31/2021

Nailed the "Snow Globe" Look at our Winter Wedding!

My husband and I couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos! We hired Moira and Jesse with J. La Plante Photography to shoot our NYE wedding in Estes Park, Colorado. Our hope was to take advantage of the time of year and location to capture the fairytale “snow globe” look. During our consultation, M&J were upfront and honest with us about making our vision a reality and gave us an outline of how the day would look if we wanted pictures in Rocky Mountain National Park. We were able to capture both indoor and outdoor pictures that day, which turned out unreal! M&J were great to work with and listened to every detail we mentioned to them in the weeks/days leading up to our wedding. They are a phenomenal husband/wife team with endless capabilities! They’re also fun to hang with, too! You’d definitely WANT them around on your wedding day! Thank you, Moira and Jesse!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey D. Married on 11/27/2021

Best photographers. Period.

Choosing Jesse and Moira as our photographers was the best choice that we could've made. We knew that photos were going to be one of the most important things to take away from the wedding and we spent weeks looking at photographers only to be hit with the same issues. Most photographers either lacked quality, or were highly expensive with huge restrictions on photos or both. Not only did Jesse and Moira exceed our expectations, they helped ease a lot of stress and made the entire experience fun. The photos for our wedding came out better than we could have imagined and really showcased our unique and weird styles.
  • Allison
    Allison S. Married on 09/18/2021

You've found your photographers!!!

I cannot & I mean cannot express how much we absolutely loved working with Moira and Jesse! They are so talented & make such an amazing team. We first met them at my sisters wedding in DC & I knew from there I had to have them for my wedding in Montana. Their planning, attention to detial & down to earth attitude isnt something that is easy to find. They definitely deserve an award for putting up with our wild & crazy group. We will never be able to thank them enough. I truly hope our paths cross again someday. Hey, maybe someday you guys can join us for some "slap the cooler" drinks! Haha. Thanks again for everything Moira & Jesse!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Little Details LLC Little Details LLC Wedding Planners

Jesse and Moira are the absolute best! I love working with them as they are on top of their craft! They bring talent, creativity and exceptional customer service to every wedding!

J Creighton Studios J Creighton Studios Wedding Videographers

As a professional videographer, I've worked with the majority of photographers in Denver, not just for weddings but for concerts and corporate events as well. Of all the photographers I've ever worked with, I can honestly say that Jesse and Moira's creative talents are leaps and bounds above everyone else. Their work is exceptional, they're down to earth, energetic and just so much fun to work with. If my wife and I were getting married again, without a doubt we would hire J. La Plante to shoot our wedding.

Shupe Homestead Shupe Homestead Barn & Farm Weddings

Fabulous Photography taken at Shupe Homestead

Denver, 80206
Location of (J. La Plante Photo)
Aspen, 81611
Boulder, CO, 80206

J. La Plante Photo frequently asked questions

What photography services does J. La Plante Photo include in the starting price?

J. La Plante Photo includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Slideshow
  • Digital Files

What photography services does J. La Plante Photo include in their most popular wedding package?

J. La Plante Photo includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Slideshow
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does J. La Plante Photo offer?

J. La Plante Photo offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does J. La Plante Photo offer?

J. La Plante Photo offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Second Shooter
  • Toning
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does J. La Plante Photo offer for wedding events?

J. La Plante Photo offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend J. La Plante Photo and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

J. La Plante Photo is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Denver for your wedding