Boulder, CO 80206 Map · Phone number

About J. La Plante Photo

Jesse and Moira La Plante are husband and wife wedding photographers who have been shooting weddings since 2008. Located in Boulder, Colorado, the duo works primarily in the Rocky Mountains, but travels all over the country and abroad to shoot weddings.

About Jesse:

I’ve been shooting weddings for 14 years. Before that, I was a professional photojournalist.

If pressed, I could probably eat around 47 tacos.

Skiing is my favorite pastime. We have two seasons here at J. La Plante Photo: wedding season and ski season.

One of my greatest joys in life is cracking a beer after a long wedding day.

I love to travel. I’ve been to all 50 United States and 18 foreign countries. So far…

Moira and I have been together for 14 years and not a day goes by that I don’t wonder just what in the hell she sees in me.

About Moira:

Events are in my blood. I grew up in a family-owned catering business and planned events at Georgetown University before I ever picked up a camera.

If I see a dog, I consider it to be a good day.

I spent the first part of the pandemic befriending the squirrels in our backyard. I’ve given them names.

My idea of a perfect evening is a warm blanket, a good book and a glass of whiskey.

I’m a meticulous notetaker. I have dozens of notebooks with funny sayings on the covers. A current favorite is “F*cking Brilliant Ideas.”

Jesse and I met on spring break in the Bahamas. He offered to buy me a drink. It was an all-inclusive resort.

Follow J. La Plante Photo on

Other couples have also viewed

• Poppy & Gild Creative Co.
  • Captured by Marcela
shannonjustin 182 51 139720 161470550610405

79 Reviews for J. La Plante Photo

• Nerisse

Nerisse F. · Married on 09/06/2020

Unique Photography, Captures the essence of “life”

We were looking for distinctive photography—J. La Plante captured moments of bliss, laughter, movement, and natural beauty. This is more than simple posed photos—their photography exudes excitement, uniqueness, and emotion.

Moira and Jesse maximized venue scenery with creative perspectives and color brilliance from day and the night. We used glowsticks and bubbles for our Grand Exit and the photos provided the color, the movement, and the energy we all felt the entire day into the night. It makes a big difference to have 2 photographers from different angles.

Moira made it easy to carry on detailed and sincere discussions regarding our interests and questions prior to our event (and even post-wedding); she answered all questions and offered opportunities to provide specific photos to be taken at the wedding. They were able to get the digital photos to us within about a month or so after our wedding and we are extremely happy with the quality and communication.

Additionally, in the process of ordering the prints, Moira immediately communicated and solved an issue on the website and provided an additional day to order our prints—total customer satisfaction. We were extremely pleased with her follow-through in resolving the ordering issue plus her constant availability via verbal and written communication.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Melissa D. · Married on 08/02/2020

Do you want awesome photos? Then book J. La Plante

The photos speak for themselves. If you've found J. La Plante, then you're done. Stop looking for photographers. You already found them. These are the greatest photos we've ever seen. First of all, Moira and Jesse are a delight, and have been so fun to work with. We booked them before we even had a venue or a wedding date because we wanted to work with them so badly. We booked an alt session first, and had a great time. They had a crazy idea involving trampolines and holi powder, and we were like cool cool let's do this. Um, it was the best. Go to their blog and find them.

Before the wedding date, we met to talk about the types of photos we wanted (I should mention that we met at a cat cafe, which was the best). We received a timeline so we knew when we had to be ready. They were also so helpful on our wedding day. They told us where to go and when, so it was stress-free. They were champions at fielding requests from guests and made sure that we had the kind of photos we wanted. If you've got weird relatives making ludicrous requests, they can handle them like pros. They're 100% on your team.

I literally want to print every picture that we received in our gallery. Everyone keeps talking about how awesome the photos are and that they've never seen anything like them. Reader, you also have not seen photos like these before. Book J. La Plante before someone else gets them before you.

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Frances

Frances M. · Married on 07/10/2020

Best in class

Where do I even begin to sing the praises of these two incredible, genuinely fabulous and insanely talented artists??? I guess starting with the fact that I have been a professional wedding photographer for the last 16 years might add some weight to what I'm about to say, as I understand both photography and wedding days in a way that 99% of their clients do not. I really do KNOW how hard it is to photograph a wedding. I know how stressful it can be. I know how impossible it is to please everyone. So, add to all of that that the pressure of photographing for another professional wedding photographer in a room literally chalk full of wedding professionals turned guests, and you have a situation on your hands that is not for the faint of heart!

I met Moira at a wedding professional networking event and was immediately drawn to her. I could tell right away that she was intelligent and genuinely interested in making a real connection with me. When I met Jesse a short time later, it was the same thing. We clicked immediately as well. When I found out they were leading an upcoming photography workshop, I decided to go as a way to reignite some creativity in my own work. Over the course of the class, I sat there listening to them talk about their philosophies on life and work, it hit me like a ton of bricks. These were the two I wanted to photograph MY wedding. It was a decision I has been struggling with for months. I mean, seriously. How the hell does a wedding photographer with the perfectionist tendencies that I am constantly recovering from, such as myself, choose a photographer out of the MANY photographers I know and love anyway???

Of course, they had to say yes to me/us first. Which thankfully they did! We even picked our date around their availability! (Really, it’s true.) And from the get go as their clients, they made us feel so special and important. They had the most amazing ideas for our engagement/alt session and ultimately we landed on going all the way to Utah to the Salt Flats. It was such an unexpected adventure and incredible bonding opportunity for us all. And the photos they took of us are truly EPIC. I mean, really. They went above and beyond anything I would have expected...

The wedding day itself was a gorgeous whirlwind and I cant imagine two more lovely or calming forces than we had in both Jesse and Moira. They were everywhere and nowhere all at once. They captured the intense emotion from start to finish in a way that is truly beyond belief. They captured the SPIRIT of our wedding day with grace and a flow that is seriously next level. These are not just photos. They are works of art. The story they tell will be one that my husband and I, and our families, and generations to come will be able to relive with such texture and depth, it brings me to tears. Again.

Jesse and Moira, from the bottom of our hearts and from the depths of our souls, THANK YOU. Thank you for working so hard for us. Thank you for being who you are as humans and as artists and as professionals. Thank you for pouring yourselves 1000% into our day and giving us back this incredible moment in time in a way that we will be able to hold onto forever. We are infinitely grateful to you both and you are officially stuck with us as your friends, literally, forever. We LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sent on 12/04/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

J. La Plante Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 5500
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 6500
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Toning
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Prints

• Little Details LLC
    Little Details LLC Wedding Planners

Jesse and Moira are the absolute best! I love working with them as they are on top of their craft! They bring talent, creativity and exceptional customer service to every wedding!

• J Creighton Studios Wedding Videographers

As a professional videographer, I've worked with the majority of photographers in Denver, not just for weddings but for concerts and corporate events as well. Of all the photographers I've ever worked with, I can honestly say that Jesse and Moira's creative talents are leaps and bounds above everyone else. Their work is exceptional, they're down to earth, energetic and just so much fun to work with. If my wife and I were getting married again, without a doubt we would hire J. La Plante to shoot our wedding.

• Shupe Homestead Barn & Farm Weddings

Fabulous Photography taken at Shupe Homestead

• Boulder, CO, 80206 See on map
    (Phone number)
  • Denver, 80206 See on map
  • Aspen, 81611 See on map
    (Phone number)

J. La Plante Photo frequently asked questions

What photography services does J. La Plante Photo include in the starting price?

J. La Plante Photo includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Digital Files

What photography services does J. La Plante Photo include in their most popular wedding package?

J. La Plante Photo includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does J. La Plante Photo offer?

J. La Plante Photo offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does J. La Plante Photo offer?

J. La Plante Photo offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Second Shooter
  • Toning
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does J. La Plante Photo offer for wedding events?

J. La Plante Photo offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Prints

What percentage of users recommend J. La Plante Photo and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

J. La Plante Photo is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.