Denver, CO 80206 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $5,999
Availability Check your date

About J. La Plante Photo

Jesse La Plante and Moira Kennedy are husband and wife wedding photographers who have been shooting weddings for kick-ass couples since 2008. Located in Boulder, Colorado, the duo works primarily in the Rocky Mountains, but travels all over the country and abroad to shoot weddings.

About Jesse:

I’ve been shooting weddings for 12 years. Before that, I was a professional photojournalist.

I think most wedding photography is kind of uninspiring, so my brain is constantly churning to figure out how to do things a bit differently.

Skiing is my favorite pastime. We have two seasons here at J. La Plante Photo: wedding season and ski season.

If pressed, I could probably eat around 47 tacos.

I love to travel. I’ve been to all 50 United States and 18 foreign countries. So far…

Moira and I have been together for over 10 years and not a day goes by that I don’t wonder just what in the hell she sees in me.

About Moira:

Events are in my blood. I grew up in a family-owned catering business and planned events at Georgetown University before I ever picked up a camera.

My goal when I set out to write this was to refrain from using any photographer bio clichés such as “I believe…” or “My passion is….”

Jesse and I met on spring break in the Bahamas. He offered to buy me a drink. It was an all-inclusive resort.

If I see a dog, I consider it a good day.

I’m an indiscriminately curious person. I’ve Googled everything from how soap works to the mechanics of butterfly migration.

Jesse taught me everything I know about photography.

Follow J. La Plante Photo on

estes park wedding sunset wedding photo 51 139720 157749548341554

77 Reviews for J. La Plante Photo

Melissa Dewitt · Getting married on 08/02/2020

Do you want awesome photos? Then book J. La Plante

The photos speak for themselves. If you've found J. La Plante, then you're done. Stop looking for photographers. You already found them. These are the greatest photos we've ever seen. First of all, Moira and Jesse are a delight, and have been so fun to work with. We booked them before we even had a venue or a wedding date because we wanted to work with them so badly. We booked an alt session first, and had a great time. They had a crazy idea involving trampolines and holi powder, and we were like cool cool let's do this. Um, it was the best. Go to their blog and find them.

Before the wedding date, we met to talk about the types of photos we wanted (I should mention that we met at a cat cafe, which was the best). We received a timeline so we knew when we had to be ready. They were also so helpful on our wedding day. They told us where to go and when, so it was stress-free. They were champions at fielding requests from guests and made sure that we had the kind of photos we wanted. If you've got weird relatives making ludicrous requests, they can handle them like pros. They're 100% on your team.

I literally want to print every picture that we received in our gallery. Everyone keeps talking about how awesome the photos are and that they've never seen anything like them. Reader, you also have not seen photos like these before. Book J. La Plante before someone else gets them before you.

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Frances

Frances Marron Kelley · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Best in class

Where do I even begin to sing the praises of these two incredible, genuinely fabulous and insanely talented artists??? I guess starting with the fact that I have been a professional wedding photographer for the last 16 years might add some weight to what I'm about to say, as I understand both photography and wedding days in a way that 99% of their clients do not. I really do KNOW how hard it is to photograph a wedding. I know how stressful it can be. I know how impossible it is to please everyone. So, add to all of that that the pressure of photographing for another professional wedding photographer in a room literally chalk full of wedding professionals turned guests, and you have a situation on your hands that is not for the faint of heart!

I met Moira at a wedding professional networking event and was immediately drawn to her. I could tell right away that she was intelligent and genuinely interested in making a real connection with me. When I met Jesse a short time later, it was the same thing. We clicked immediately as well. When I found out they were leading an upcoming photography workshop, I decided to go as a way to reignite some creativity in my own work. Over the course of the class, I sat there listening to them talk about their philosophies on life and work, it hit me like a ton of bricks. These were the two I wanted to photograph MY wedding. It was a decision I has been struggling with for months. I mean, seriously. How the hell does a wedding photographer with the perfectionist tendencies that I am constantly recovering from, such as myself, choose a photographer out of the MANY photographers I know and love anyway???

Of course, they had to say yes to me/us first. Which thankfully they did! We even picked our date around their availability! (Really, it’s true.) And from the get go as their clients, they made us feel so special and important. They had the most amazing ideas for our engagement/alt session and ultimately we landed on going all the way to Utah to the Salt Flats. It was such an unexpected adventure and incredible bonding opportunity for us all. And the photos they took of us are truly EPIC. I mean, really. They went above and beyond anything I would have expected...

The wedding day itself was a gorgeous whirlwind and I cant imagine two more lovely or calming forces than we had in both Jesse and Moira. They were everywhere and nowhere all at once. They captured the intense emotion from start to finish in a way that is truly beyond belief. They captured the SPIRIT of our wedding day with grace and a flow that is seriously next level. These are not just photos. They are works of art. The story they tell will be one that my husband and I, and our families, and generations to come will be able to relive with such texture and depth, it brings me to tears. Again.

Jesse and Moira, from the bottom of our hearts and from the depths of our souls, THANK YOU. Thank you for working so hard for us. Thank you for being who you are as humans and as artists and as professionals. Thank you for pouring yourselves 1000% into our day and giving us back this incredible moment in time in a way that we will be able to hold onto forever. We are infinitely grateful to you both and you are officially stuck with us as your friends, literally, forever. We LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Tia

Tia Luber · Married on 12/06/2019

Absolutely perfect.

How do I ever capture in words what an incredible job Jesse and Moira did with our wedding photos!!! They were so easy to work with, from beginning to end. We immediately clicked and my husband and I felt like we had partners who we could trust to capture our wedding day in the best manner. The day of, it felt like we had known them for years, which made it so easy to be authentic and genuine. Their artistry and vision just blows my mind. We did not want our wedding photos to be boring or posed; we wanted something unique, and we wanted to focus on the relationships and emotions of the day. Jesse and Moira were the PERFECT people to do that, and we are thrilled with the results. In looking through the final portfolio, we can relive our day because they captured it so perfectly. The outdoor shots are just pristine and amazing! Plus, now we'll use them for all future photography needs. :)

Sent on 01/07/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

J. La Plante Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4999
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 5999
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Albums
    Flush Mount
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Flush Mount
    Prints

• Little Details LLC
    Little Details LLC Wedding Planners

Jesse and Moira are the absolute best! I love working with them as they are on top of their craft! They bring talent, creativity and exceptional customer service to every wedding!

• J Creighton Studios Wedding Videographers

As a professional videographer, I've worked with the majority of photographers in Denver, not just for weddings but for concerts and corporate events as well. Of all the photographers I've ever worked with, I can honestly say that Jesse and Moira's creative talents are leaps and bounds above everyone else. Their work is exceptional, they're down to earth, energetic and just so much fun to work with. If my wife and I were getting married again, without a doubt we would hire J. La Plante to shoot our wedding.

• Shupe Homestead Barn & Farm Weddings