J. La Plante Photo Reviews

79 | Boulder, CO

79 Reviews for J. La Plante Photo

• Nerisse

Nerisse Fernandez · Married on 09/06/2020

Unique Photography, Captures the essence of “life”

We were looking for distinctive photography—J. La Plante captured moments of bliss, laughter, movement, and natural beauty. This is more than simple posed photos—their photography exudes excitement, uniqueness, and emotion.

Moira and Jesse maximized venue scenery with creative perspectives and color brilliance from day and the night. We used glowsticks and bubbles for our Grand Exit and the photos provided the color, the movement, and the energy we all felt the entire day into the night. It makes a big difference to have 2 photographers from different angles.

Moira made it easy to carry on detailed and sincere discussions regarding our interests and questions prior to our event (and even post-wedding); she answered all questions and offered opportunities to provide specific photos to be taken at the wedding. They were able to get the digital photos to us within about a month or so after our wedding and we are extremely happy with the quality and communication.

Additionally, in the process of ordering the prints, Moira immediately communicated and solved an issue on the website and provided an additional day to order our prints—total customer satisfaction. We were extremely pleased with her follow-through in resolving the ordering issue plus her constant availability via verbal and written communication.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Melissa Dewitt · Married on 08/02/2020

Do you want awesome photos? Then book J. La Plante

The photos speak for themselves. If you've found J. La Plante, then you're done. Stop looking for photographers. You already found them. These are the greatest photos we've ever seen. First of all, Moira and Jesse are a delight, and have been so fun to work with. We booked them before we even had a venue or a wedding date because we wanted to work with them so badly. We booked an alt session first, and had a great time. They had a crazy idea involving trampolines and holi powder, and we were like cool cool let's do this. Um, it was the best. Go to their blog and find them.

Before the wedding date, we met to talk about the types of photos we wanted (I should mention that we met at a cat cafe, which was the best). We received a timeline so we knew when we had to be ready. They were also so helpful on our wedding day. They told us where to go and when, so it was stress-free. They were champions at fielding requests from guests and made sure that we had the kind of photos we wanted. If you've got weird relatives making ludicrous requests, they can handle them like pros. They're 100% on your team.

I literally want to print every picture that we received in our gallery. Everyone keeps talking about how awesome the photos are and that they've never seen anything like them. Reader, you also have not seen photos like these before. Book J. La Plante before someone else gets them before you.

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Frances

Frances Marron Kelley · Married on 07/10/2020

Best in class

Where do I even begin to sing the praises of these two incredible, genuinely fabulous and insanely talented artists??? I guess starting with the fact that I have been a professional wedding photographer for the last 16 years might add some weight to what I'm about to say, as I understand both photography and wedding days in a way that 99% of their clients do not. I really do KNOW how hard it is to photograph a wedding. I know how stressful it can be. I know how impossible it is to please everyone. So, add to all of that that the pressure of photographing for another professional wedding photographer in a room literally chalk full of wedding professionals turned guests, and you have a situation on your hands that is not for the faint of heart!

I met Moira at a wedding professional networking event and was immediately drawn to her. I could tell right away that she was intelligent and genuinely interested in making a real connection with me. When I met Jesse a short time later, it was the same thing. We clicked immediately as well. When I found out they were leading an upcoming photography workshop, I decided to go as a way to reignite some creativity in my own work. Over the course of the class, I sat there listening to them talk about their philosophies on life and work, it hit me like a ton of bricks. These were the two I wanted to photograph MY wedding. It was a decision I has been struggling with for months. I mean, seriously. How the hell does a wedding photographer with the perfectionist tendencies that I am constantly recovering from, such as myself, choose a photographer out of the MANY photographers I know and love anyway???

Of course, they had to say yes to me/us first. Which thankfully they did! We even picked our date around their availability! (Really, it’s true.) And from the get go as their clients, they made us feel so special and important. They had the most amazing ideas for our engagement/alt session and ultimately we landed on going all the way to Utah to the Salt Flats. It was such an unexpected adventure and incredible bonding opportunity for us all. And the photos they took of us are truly EPIC. I mean, really. They went above and beyond anything I would have expected...

The wedding day itself was a gorgeous whirlwind and I cant imagine two more lovely or calming forces than we had in both Jesse and Moira. They were everywhere and nowhere all at once. They captured the intense emotion from start to finish in a way that is truly beyond belief. They captured the SPIRIT of our wedding day with grace and a flow that is seriously next level. These are not just photos. They are works of art. The story they tell will be one that my husband and I, and our families, and generations to come will be able to relive with such texture and depth, it brings me to tears. Again.

Jesse and Moira, from the bottom of our hearts and from the depths of our souls, THANK YOU. Thank you for working so hard for us. Thank you for being who you are as humans and as artists and as professionals. Thank you for pouring yourselves 1000% into our day and giving us back this incredible moment in time in a way that we will be able to hold onto forever. We are infinitely grateful to you both and you are officially stuck with us as your friends, literally, forever. We LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Ashleigh Levison · Married on 04/04/2020

#1 Wedding Photographers Hands Down

If I could give them 10 stars I would! Jesse and Moira are amazing professional photographers who will magically capture your day. Look no further you should absolutely hire them! We are so lucky they agreed to take us as clients! When choosing photographers I wanted artists, I didn’t want regular photos I could snap on my iPhone and this is exactly what their photos are, absolutely beautiful art! With Jesse and Moira you will get stunning photos you can frame in your home for everyone to see! Everyone who has seen my photos have responded with regret of not having photographers of their caliber at their wedding. The wedding day lasts only a day, but photos last a lifetime. Photography is such an important investment on your wedding day and choosing Jesse and Moira was our very best investment!

Sent on 07/11/2020
  • Tia

Tia Luber · Married on 12/06/2019

Absolutely perfect.

How do I ever capture in words what an incredible job Jesse and Moira did with our wedding photos!!! They were so easy to work with, from beginning to end. We immediately clicked and my husband and I felt like we had partners who we could trust to capture our wedding day in the best manner. The day of, it felt like we had known them for years, which made it so easy to be authentic and genuine. Their artistry and vision just blows my mind. We did not want our wedding photos to be boring or posed; we wanted something unique, and we wanted to focus on the relationships and emotions of the day. Jesse and Moira were the PERFECT people to do that, and we are thrilled with the results. In looking through the final portfolio, we can relive our day because they captured it so perfectly. The outdoor shots are just pristine and amazing! Plus, now we'll use them for all future photography needs. :)

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Shelby

Shelby Katz · Married on 11/05/2019

So amazing!

There are very few things in life where you want the best photographer and your wedding is one of them! We didn't want same old same old boring group photos we wanted a photographer who thought outside the box, who got to know us and our personalities and what made us happy and laugh! Luckily we found J. La Plante Photo when our friends used them at their wedding. We were blown away by those photos and we were then blown away again by our photos. I don't think words can describe just how amazingly cool these photos are! EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE has said the same thing about our photos... that they captured the amazingness of the night! Not only that, but their website is so easy to use making the download and sharing of photos so much easier! And to top all of this off, these two people (Moira and Jesse) are just lovely, kind, smart, sweet, and easy to work with.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Andy · Married on 09/21/2019

Beyond spectacular!!!

Bottom line up front: the quality of their work speaks for itself. If you want traditional, boring, trite wedding pictures that look like everything you’ve ever seen before in a stock photo frame insert, then please go with anyone else. But if you want your wedding photos to reflect the unique magic and excitement of YOUR big day, then your decision to hire Jesse and Moira will be one of the best decisions of your life (before you commit to your “I do’s” that is 😉).

Like any significant investment, it’s always important to “shop around” before deciding on which company best suits your vision, style, tastes, and budget. If you’ve made it to this review, you need look no further. If the amazing color, creativity, and quality of their stunning photography on their website isn’t enough to blow your mind, just know that Moira and Jesse are two of the most personable, friendly, helpful, BRILLIANT artists with whom we have ever had the privilege to work. Of any part of the wedding, it’s the photographers who capture the moments, trap with energy and sentiment of the occasion in a timeless frame, and make the memories last a lifetime and beyond. So, of course you want to get it right! Well, I can sincerely avow that you can only go wrong by NOT choosing to work with these two! They are an exceptional team that makes your most important day even more vivid and amazing that you could possibly remember. Their finished product comes alive before you and you feel like you are there in midst of it all once again! In breath-taking detail, they take advantage of every pixel in the environment, scenery, and ambiance to encapsulate a unique essence that simply cannot--and will not--ever be replicated for any wedding again! And while you are stressing about your next move, they are an invisible hand by your side, guiding you effortlessly through the day—and transforming all of those present adventures and anxieties into future memories and astonishing works of art that you are going to treasure and share and relive for the rest of your lives!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Kristin M · Married on 06/21/2019

Best Photographers Ever

Jesse & Moira make an amazing photography team. The photos they capture are insane. Their art is so different than other wedding photos and that is what we loved about them. I have gotten so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos from nearly everyone I know. Not to mention that they are amazing people and so easy to work with. Trustworthy, responsive, helpful. Not only were they our photographers, they helped us find our wedding planner (who was equally as amazing), and have become our friends.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Fuzy · Married on 05/17/2019

Best ever!

When I tell you my husband doesn't like pictures, I mean I MAYBE get one picture out of him. Two pictures? That's out of the question. Enter J. La Plante Photo. Jesse and Moira make taking pictures FUN! After our Alt session, my (now) husband could not wait to see them again for wedding photos and fun.

Not only do their pictures and talent blow everyone else out of the water, but they are genuinely awesome people who make taking pictures relaxing and entertaining at the same time. My family and friends cannot get enough of them and their pictures, nor can we obviously! They are so unique and captured us and our loved ones so perfectly.

I mean it when I say they are the absolute best, hands down, nothing even comes close. The insane shots and memories you will get from them are something you will cherish forever.

Wedding pictures are a big deal, and having the right photographers can make or break your day. Our wedding would not have been the same without Jesse and Moira, and I could never thank them enough for being who they are as individuals and as a team, and for utilizing their extreme and unique talent to give us the most epic pictures.

If you are lucky enough to book them, rest assured you are in fantastic hands and your wedding events will be one for the books!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Eden

Eden Englert · Married on 05/04/2019

Bold, brilliant style for couples like us who hate hay field photos

I'm not the type of bride that was looking for your typical wedding or engagement photos in the hay fields or romantically posed photos. But since that is what's popular, photographers with that style saturate the market. So that made finding a wedding photographer whose style I liked, very difficult. My style is unique, I love bold, bright colors and things that really make you go "WOW". I myself am not artistic and leave that work to the professionals. I knew the photographer that we got was going to need to have a crap ton of creativity with crazy ideas up their sleeve to deliver what I was looking for. It took me a while but I finally narrowed it down to 2 or 3 photographers. One of which's portfolio had exactly what I was looking for. That was J. La Plante Photography. I spoke with the other photographers and J. La Plante was the highest price but their portfolio was all out whereas the others had some photos that were all out and some were just meh IMO. After debating for a week or so, I decided to spend the money and reel the budget in elsewhere. At the very last minute, we decided to do engagement pictures with them as well. My availability was super limited but we made it work and trekked out to Moab, UT to Arches National Park to meet up with Jesse and Moira. We stopped at a few different locations within the park and they took some candid shots and posed shots. We basically spent all day with them getting night shots as well. It was super fun getting to know them better throughout the day and we ended up grabbing dinner and drinks with them afterwards at a dive bar that had a horribly fun atmosphere. We got 70 photos back about 3 weeks after our session. And let me tell you... WOW. That's the response I got from absolutely every person who saw the photos. Jesse had said that he was going through a blue stage (I'm thinking Picasso's blue period). He was exactly right! The photos looked phenomenal with the deep blue sky and bright orange arches.

Fast forward a few months, Moira called to chat about the wedding day timeline and our expectations for the day. She had a timeline of her own and I had nothing in particular planned except the ceremony at 4:30. I can't even verbalize how grateful I was that she had a timeline. It was the standard for the entire wedding day. My homework after the call was to get a list of all of the family photos that I wanted with a list of names for each family member. I have a blended family, so that's a lot of people. Come wedding day, Moira and Jesse were so patient with our gigantic family and getting everyone together and organized efficiently.

The day before the wedding, we ran into them while they were scouting and chatted about a few ideas so they had a good rundown of plans for the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, Moira and Jesse were involved right from the beginning, with hair and makeup at 10 freaking AM. As the day went on, I got more anxious (due to the stupid small things like when do I get the microphone from the DJ and blah blah stuff) and Jesse and Moira powered on, even through my anxiety. They got some amazing shots of the ceremony, followed by the extensive family shots and then the reception began. They hung around the dance floor and got great shots of everyone dancing and having a great time. It has been amazing looking at them and being able to feel like I was able to experience everything that the people in the photos are experiencing even though I was off doing something else. At the end of the night, we took some couple shots in a few other places and then said goodbye.

We got our full wedding suite of 800+ photos 4 weeks after our wedding. I am in love with all of the photos. They were able to capture our day so accurately and beautifully. We aren't the most photogenic people and are defintely the type who look awkward posing. Jesse and Moira were able to get us to look natural and coherent. I hope to be able to work with them in the future, maybe at a 10 year anniversary party.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Chad

Chad Morris · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing photos!

Beautiful photos and fantastic people! I feel lucky to have found them!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Diana Jacobsen · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing work!

Highly recommend J La. Plante Photo! Jesse and Moira were pheonominal work with. They are the best photogrpahers I've worked with and I hope I get work with them again. My husband and I are extremely happy with how our photo turned out. Jesse and Moira captured the essence of the day. Thank you so much...we could be not be happier with the photos!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/30/2018

I can't use enough superlatives to describe their work; truly phenomenal!

I researched many photographers online before settling on 4 to reach out to. Moira responded immediately, and set up a time for a phone call. She spent about 45 minutes talking to me just trying to learn more about my fiance and I, how we met, and what we were looking for in our wedding photos. By the end of that call, I felt like she really knew us. But I had to get the fiance on board, as I had done all the research to this point on my own. He looked at all the portfolios I presented to him, but when he saw Jesse and Moira's work, he stopped and literally said "Wow. You can really see the emotion in these photos, and feel it." That coming from him was HUGE! Next we met them for a beer and to get to know them a bit more. At the end of that, we were reassured that these were the people we wanted photographing our wedding. All our friends had told us that one vendor to definitely NOT skimp on for your wedding is the photographer. Jesse and Moira were worth every penny and then some. We picked them because we didn't want a bazillion forced, posed, or basic portrait images. They got some of the most unique shots I have ever seen. All of our friends and family who have viewed the photos said they were the best wedding photos they've ever seen. Half the time on wedding day I didn't even know where they were, because they blended in so well and have major photography ninja skills. They also have an insane ability to capture both the beauty of the environment (both inside and outside), as well as the spirit of the people, without one being at the expense of the other. And on top of all of that, they are just wonderful, mellow, awesome human beings. I am so grateful we chose to have them as our photographers, and so grateful for their amazing craft. I won't ever be getting married again, so I won't have cause to use them for another wedding :-) But YOU can, and you should!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Jerrica

Jerrica S · Married on 09/29/2018

Hiring J. La Plante was the BEST decision we made

Moira and Jesse were the absolute best to work with. Their work speaks for itself, but they went above and beyond what we expected of them. They were at the venue before us (scouting out locations and taking some scenery pics) and were literally the last 'guests' to leave at the end of the night. Even as we were dealing with a minor issue with the shuttle at the end of the night, Moria patiently waited for me to handle it before SHE DROVE me and my husband to a final location down the street that Jesse was already waiting at (scouting again!) to take a few more pictures of us. They then drove us back to the venue where we said our goodbyes. Another amazing aspect of working with them - we had about 30 edited and AMAZING pictures within 5 days of our wedding that they had given to us as a sneak peak while we waited for the rest! I have other friends who got married weeks before us that are still waiting on their photos. Lastly, I can't tell you how many people have told us these are the most incredible wedding photos they've EVER seen. And while biased, I totally agree :). So grateful we chose Jesse and Moira and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea Vitalich · Married on 09/22/2018

Vibrant and awesomely different!

These photos...holy sh*t! You can re-feel every bit of emotion of your event just by looking through the pics. They are epicly colorful, vibrant creative and beautiful! I haven't even finished going through our entire gallery and I'm blown away. We loved Jessie and Moira so much we hired them twice: once to do our elopement and then again for our reception. Check out the Andrea & Chad galleries on the their blog to see more! Thanks you guys! Yes, let's make it an annual party :) :) :)

Sent on 11/03/2018

Lindsey Reed · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful photos! Wonderful people!

I did not want to spend alot of money on my photographer but after looking around I found that Jesse and Moira were different than other photographers. They not only make amazing products that are VERY different than other photographers but they also are wonderful people to have around. They work with you with everything you discuss and make sure you get amazing photos of your great day! BOTH of them ended up in freezing creeks on our wedding day to get the shot without us asking them to do this! I didn't think about the fact that your photographer would be next to you alot of the day and never thought about caring what my photographer was like as a person. This is actually quite important and they are WONDERFUL. The amazing photos also speak for themselves. They are well worth every penny (and really are reasonably priced for sure! I would have paid more!).

Sent on 10/22/2018

Aekta · Married on 09/09/2018

I don’t know how to do justice to these two incredibly talented and genuine people.

From the start I knew I wanted something other than the traditional, posed, and somewhat cheesy photos that you usually see from weddings. When I came across J. La Plante, I was instantly enamoured with the photos on their website. They got back to me within a day and availability and my (now) husband and I actually changed our wedding date so that we could work with them. We are so glad that we did, it was the absolute best decision for our wedding! We Skyped with Moira and Jesse, got along instantly, and put our blind faith in them to do what they do best. All of the photos, from getting dressed to the ceremony and our couples shots are gorgeous, I only wish we had more. They also came up with the idea for a water balloon fight at the wedding, and it was not only so much fun for us and our guests, but we got some stunning photos as a result.

If you’re looking for amazing photos shot by equally amazing people, you cannot go wrong with J. La Plante. Jesse and Moira, thank you so much, John and I are nothing short of grateful, and are looking forward to seeing y’all soon when we’re in Denver!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Tim · Married on 09/01/2018

I would be lying if I said I had thought it made sense to have folks fly from Colorado to Rhode Island to shoot our wedding … but I am honest enough to admit that my spouse, who insisted it had to be them was RIGHT. Amazing photos! Everyone raves! They are the best wedding photos any of our guests have ever seen, according to so many guests that, like us, are blown away. You guys rock, J&M. If you are thinking of using them, don’t think, just do. Tim in RI.

Sent on 09/23/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/11/2018

Above and beyond!

We highly recommend Jesse and Moira! They went above and beyond expectations, including scouting out our wedding location the day before, spending extra time photographing an excursion in the morning of the wedding, and serving as extra hands while we were getting ready and breaking house rules to keep us on schedule (what unauthorized vehicle sign!?). Moira was super professional and provided great client service in our exchanges. We felt really taken care of leading up to the wedding with a long phone call going over details and setting expectations, as well as a written shot list. On the day of, they rolled with the punches and kept us feeling calm and happy. Jesse captured beautifully epic, creative shots all day--and into the night, with a long exposure to capture the meteor shower that we were so excited to witness as newlyweds! Moira and Jesse both captured tiny moments that were so large emotionally. Also, the turnaround time for delivery of photos has to be one of the fastest in the industry! We were very lucky all around to have these two incredible people capture our wedding. Thank you so much, Jesse and Moira!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Kristin · Married on 08/02/2018

I cannot even put into words how amazing J. La Plante is!!! The images of our day are alone worth a 5 star review, but if I could rate them even higher, I would in a heartbeat! On the day of- they truly went above and beyond to make sure that the day went smoothly. Not only did they capture amazing moments, they coordinated our first touch as well as other events to ensure that our timeline went smoothly. We honestly were instantly comfortable with both Jesse and Moira, and are so beyond grateful for all they did to both make our day special, and for capturing such timeless and beautiful moments. Thank you!!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Amanda Bye · Married on 07/16/2018

The best wedding photographers imaginable

We were looking for photographers that were adventurous and weren't going to take the typical wedding pictures. Moira and Jesse went above and beyond. We cannot recommend them enough. They are both personable, professional and the photos were beyond what we hoped for. Hire them if you want something unique and absolutely breathtaking!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Leanne · Married on 07/13/2018

Jesse and Moira are simply AMAZING! When I planned my wedding, photos were my number one priority. I looked through so many blogs and packages, looking for photos that were beautiful, interesting, dynamic, and candid and natural. I came across the photos of J. La. Plante and was so impressed! Their blog was full of photos that had all of these elements, for EVERY SINGLE WEDDING they shot. I contacted them right away and they were so incredibly easy to work with. We booked them pretty far out ( over a year) and THEY were the ones that kept me on track when it came closer to the wedding date. They checked in several times and made sure that everything was organized and prepared before the wedding day to ensure that I would get all the shots I wanted as well as that things would run smoothly. Moira was super responsive, listening to my wants and was so patient throughout all my additions to the photo list. As the date grew closer, I was worried that my wedding, which was in a lot of ways different from a typical wedding, ( no bridal party, food truck, yard games, DIYed) would have a hard time translating into some of the pictures that I was really looking for BUT I was worried about nothing because the photos turned out well beyond my greatest expectations! Jesse and Moira scouted out my venue, found the perfect spots, and was an overall pleasure to work with. They were able to perfectly capture the feeling of our day from not only our point of view, but also from all of the guests and they picked up on all the elements of our wedding that had truly made it "ours" . I have no regrets about our wedding photos and LOVE them all! J. La. Plante was an absolute pleasure to work with and captured our day in the most perfect way! I highly recommend them without hesitation and they are the ones to choose if you are looking for dynamite photos! Thanks again Jesse and Moira!

Leanne Sammon

Sent on 08/02/2018
  • futurefirewife

Natasha · Married on 06/02/2018

Look no further - you've found the absolute BEST wedding photographers out there! Jesse and Moira were such a pleasure to work with from the very first moment I sent an email inquiring about booking their services, to the moment the wedding reception was nearing an end and we said our goodbyes.

When we were looking for our wedding photographer, it was very important to us that our pictures were not staged. Of course, you're always going to have the (mandatory) family photos that are staged, but 95% of their work was done, catching spontaneous moments throughout the day. It was also incredibly important to us to have two people shooting, as we didn't want to miss any of the groom's nor my moments leading up to the first look and the ceremony. Jesse and Moira managed to capture so many absolutely amazing moments! They both have such a unique eye for detail and perspective, which I feel sets them apart from any other photographer I have ever come into contact with. They converse, they make you laugh, and they provide an all-around comfortable atmosphere while they're capturing the special moments throughout your day. While we have NO intention of getting married again (!!!), we're already trying to come up with ways to do a shoot with J. La Plante Photo again someday! :)

Jesse and Moira - if you're reading this - let us know if you're ever in the area again, it would be great to catch up over drinks!

Sent on 06/17/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/12/2018

We had such a blast with Jesse and Moira! They made taking photos so fun and memorable, we are so happy with the images and impressed with the preview we received back a few days after the wedding! They were very organized and a tremendous help with day of timeline, making sure we had enough time for all the photos we wanted and time for some more casual/fun ones! I would highly recommend J. La Plante for any wedding/ big event photos.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Sam · Married on 09/23/2017

Jesse and Moira are a phenomenal duo that make the process of taking photos a blast while making you feel like you're part of art in the process. Their professionalism, creativity and skill are incredible.

Sent on 11/07/2016