J. La Plante Photo Reviews

J. La Plante Photo 7
  • Chad

Chad Morris · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing photos!

Beautiful photos and fantastic people! I feel lucky to have found them!

Diana Jacobsen · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing work!

Highly recommend J La. Plante Photo! Jesse and Moira were pheonominal work with. They are the best photogrpahers I've worked with and I hope I get work with them again. My husband and I are extremely happy with how our photo turned out. Jesse and Moira captured the essence of the day. Thank you so much...we could be not be happier with the photos!

• Jerrica

Jerrica S · Married on 09/29/2018

Hiring J. La Plante was the BEST decision we made

Moira and Jesse were the absolute best to work with. Their work speaks for itself, but they went above and beyond what we expected of them. They were at the venue before us (scouting out locations and taking some scenery pics) and were literally the last 'guests' to leave at the end of the night. Even as we were dealing with a minor issue with the shuttle at the end of the night, Moria patiently waited for me to handle it before SHE DROVE me and my husband to a final location down the street that Jesse was already waiting at (scouting again!) to take a few more pictures of us. They then drove us back to the venue where we said our goodbyes. Another amazing aspect of working with them - we had about 30 edited and AMAZING pictures within 5 days of our wedding that they had given to us as a sneak peak while we waited for the rest! I have other friends who got married weeks before us that are still waiting on their photos. Lastly, I can't tell you how many people have told us these are the most incredible wedding photos they've EVER seen. And while biased, I totally agree :). So grateful we chose Jesse and Moira and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

J. La Plante Photo 8
    J. La Plante Photo 9
    J. La Plante Photo 10
  • Andrea

Andrea Vitalich · Married on 09/22/2018

Vibrant and awesomely different!

These photos...holy sh*t! You can re-feel every bit of emotion of your event just by looking through the pics. They are epicly colorful, vibrant creative and beautiful! I haven't even finished going through our entire gallery and I'm blown away. We loved Jessie and Moira so much we hired them twice: once to do our elopement and then again for our reception. Check out the Andrea & Chad galleries on the their blog to see more! Thanks you guys! Yes, let's make it an annual party :) :) :)

Lindsey Reed · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful photos! Wonderful people!

I did not want to spend alot of money on my photographer but after looking around I found that Jesse and Moira were different than other photographers. They not only make amazing products that are VERY different than other photographers but they also are wonderful people to have around. They work with you with everything you discuss and make sure you get amazing photos of your great day! BOTH of them ended up in freezing creeks on our wedding day to get the shot without us asking them to do this! I didn't think about the fact that your photographer would be next to you alot of the day and never thought about caring what my photographer was like as a person. This is actually quite important and they are WONDERFUL. The amazing photos also speak for themselves. They are well worth every penny (and really are reasonably priced for sure! I would have paid more!).

J. La Plante Photo 11

Aekta · Married on 09/09/2018

I don’t know how to do justice to these two incredibly talented and genuine people.

From the start I knew I wanted something other than the traditional, posed, and somewhat cheesy photos that you usually see from weddings. When I came across J. La Plante, I was instantly enamoured with the photos on their website. They got back to me within a day and availability and my (now) husband and I actually changed our wedding date so that we could work with them. We are so glad that we did, it was the absolute best decision for our wedding! We Skyped with Moira and Jesse, got along instantly, and put our blind faith in them to do what they do best. All of the photos, from getting dressed to the ceremony and our couples shots are gorgeous, I only wish we had more. They also came up with the idea for a water balloon fight at the wedding, and it was not only so much fun for us and our guests, but we got some stunning photos as a result.

If you’re looking for amazing photos shot by equally amazing people, you cannot go wrong with J. La Plante. Jesse and Moira, thank you so much, John and I are nothing short of grateful, and are looking forward to seeing y’all soon when we’re in Denver!

J. La Plante Photo 12
    J. La Plante Photo 13

Tim · Married on 09/01/2018

I would be lying if I said I had thought it made sense to have folks fly from Colorado to Rhode Island to shoot our wedding … but I am honest enough to admit that my spouse, who insisted it had to be them was RIGHT. Amazing photos! Everyone raves! They are the best wedding photos any of our guests have ever seen, according to so many guests that, like us, are blown away. You guys rock, J&M. If you are thinking of using them, don’t think, just do. Tim in RI.

• Katie

Katie · Married on 08/11/2018

Above and beyond!

We highly recommend Jesse and Moira! They went above and beyond expectations, including scouting out our wedding location the day before, spending extra time photographing an excursion in the morning of the wedding, and serving as extra hands while we were getting ready and breaking house rules to keep us on schedule (what unauthorized vehicle sign!?). Moira was super professional and provided great client service in our exchanges. We felt really taken care of leading up to the wedding with a long phone call going over details and setting expectations, as well as a written shot list. On the day of, they rolled with the punches and kept us feeling calm and happy. Jesse captured beautifully epic, creative shots all day--and into the night, with a long exposure to capture the meteor shower that we were so excited to witness as newlyweds! Moira and Jesse both captured tiny moments that were so large emotionally. Also, the turnaround time for delivery of photos has to be one of the fastest in the industry! We were very lucky all around to have these two incredible people capture our wedding. Thank you so much, Jesse and Moira!

Kristin · Married on 08/02/2018

I cannot even put into words how amazing J. La Plante is!!! The images of our day are alone worth a 5 star review, but if I could rate them even higher, I would in a heartbeat! On the day of- they truly went above and beyond to make sure that the day went smoothly. Not only did they capture amazing moments, they coordinated our first touch as well as other events to ensure that our timeline went smoothly. We honestly were instantly comfortable with both Jesse and Moira, and are so beyond grateful for all they did to both make our day special, and for capturing such timeless and beautiful moments. Thank you!!

J. La Plante Photo 14

Amanda Bye · Married on 07/16/2018

The best wedding photographers imaginable

We were looking for photographers that were adventurous and weren't going to take the typical wedding pictures. Moira and Jesse went above and beyond. We cannot recommend them enough. They are both personable, professional and the photos were beyond what we hoped for. Hire them if you want something unique and absolutely breathtaking!

J. La Plante Photo 15

Leanne · Married on 07/13/2018

Jesse and Moira are simply AMAZING! When I planned my wedding, photos were my number one priority. I looked through so many blogs and packages, looking for photos that were beautiful, interesting, dynamic, and candid and natural. I came across the photos of J. La. Plante and was so impressed! Their blog was full of photos that had all of these elements, for EVERY SINGLE WEDDING they shot. I contacted them right away and they were so incredibly easy to work with. We booked them pretty far out ( over a year) and THEY were the ones that kept me on track when it came closer to the wedding date. They checked in several times and made sure that everything was organized and prepared before the wedding day to ensure that I would get all the shots I wanted as well as that things would run smoothly. Moira was super responsive, listening to my wants and was so patient throughout all my additions to the photo list. As the date grew closer, I was worried that my wedding, which was in a lot of ways different from a typical wedding, ( no bridal party, food truck, yard games, DIYed) would have a hard time translating into some of the pictures that I was really looking for BUT I was worried about nothing because the photos turned out well beyond my greatest expectations! Jesse and Moira scouted out my venue, found the perfect spots, and was an overall pleasure to work with. They were able to perfectly capture the feeling of our day from not only our point of view, but also from all of the guests and they picked up on all the elements of our wedding that had truly made it "ours" . I have no regrets about our wedding photos and LOVE them all! J. La. Plante was an absolute pleasure to work with and captured our day in the most perfect way! I highly recommend them without hesitation and they are the ones to choose if you are looking for dynamite photos! Thanks again Jesse and Moira!

Leanne Sammon

• futurefirewife

Natasha · Married on 06/02/2018

Look no further - you've found the absolute BEST wedding photographers out there! Jesse and Moira were such a pleasure to work with from the very first moment I sent an email inquiring about booking their services, to the moment the wedding reception was nearing an end and we said our goodbyes.

When we were looking for our wedding photographer, it was very important to us that our pictures were not staged. Of course, you're always going to have the (mandatory) family photos that are staged, but 95% of their work was done, catching spontaneous moments throughout the day. It was also incredibly important to us to have two people shooting, as we didn't want to miss any of the groom's nor my moments leading up to the first look and the ceremony. Jesse and Moira managed to capture so many absolutely amazing moments! They both have such a unique eye for detail and perspective, which I feel sets them apart from any other photographer I have ever come into contact with. They converse, they make you laugh, and they provide an all-around comfortable atmosphere while they're capturing the special moments throughout your day. While we have NO intention of getting married again (!!!), we're already trying to come up with ways to do a shoot with J. La Plante Photo again someday! :)

Jesse and Moira - if you're reading this - let us know if you're ever in the area again, it would be great to catch up over drinks!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/12/2018

We had such a blast with Jesse and Moira! They made taking photos so fun and memorable, we are so happy with the images and impressed with the preview we received back a few days after the wedding! They were very organized and a tremendous help with day of timeline, making sure we had enough time for all the photos we wanted and time for some more casual/fun ones! I would highly recommend J. La Plante for any wedding/ big event photos.

Sam · Married on 09/23/2017

Jesse and Moira are a phenomenal duo that make the process of taking photos a blast while making you feel like you're part of art in the process. Their professionalism, creativity and skill are incredible.

Melisa · Married on 09/23/2017

Look no further... Jesse and Moira were the most professional, talented, creative, honest, confident, compassionate, laid back and overall incredible team we could have ever imagined. We met them after finding our favorite photos - theirs - of our venue (Copper Mountain, CO) and they completely out did our expectations. The preview shots we've received so far are stunning, unique, creative, and reflective of the most important moments of our day. They captured the heart of what felt like fleeting moments and highlighted so much of the beauty throughout the day. They are talented and professional beyond measure - but these are also world class humans. From first meeting to goodbye on the night of and every email and phone call in-between they were genuine, honest, helpful, and compassionate. My wife found Moira particularly comforting to her as a bride who was not used to being photographed, providing patient and experienced advice. Jesse's passion for what he does is evident and his creativity and thoughtfulness let you know that your photos will be pieces of art. We built our day-of team around their suggestions and were blown away. Does Wedding Wire have any six-star options?

Jamie · Married on 09/02/2017

This husband & wife team is the real deal when it comes to wedding photographers! They captured our day with vibrancy, uniqueness, and all the angles. They are super professional & so friendly to work with. We are in love with how our pictures turned out!! We rate them as the best!!

• TarHeel729

Suki · Married on 07/29/2017

Jesse and Moira were all that and then some. We had many different locations to juggle between for getting ready, first look, portraits and family... not to mention the wedding itself. Not only were they ushering us between locations, but they arrived a day early to scout everything out and plan the shots they needed. In addition to keeping things moving to schedule, they were very easygoing and fun to work with. And the quality of their work speaks for itself.

At the wedding ceremony they were never intrusive, always staying out of the way and letting events happen naturally. We have a bunch of shots we never would have thought to request but paint the picture of our big day. It was fantastic to work with Jesse and Moira. A++ would recommend to anyone.

Gordon · Married on 07/01/2017

We could not speak more highly of Jesse and Moira. We enjoyed every minute spent in their company and their photos were flawless, real, and captured the energy, magic, and dreams of our wedding day. We received several amazing photos within a couple days of our wedding, and then the majority of pictures in just a few weeks. They were unobtrusive, friendly and artistic, capturing all the angles and highlights and allowing us to experience our wedding time and time again with each image captured. Every friend and family member who has seen our wedding photos are always quick to complement our pictures reinstating that we "had a great wedding photographer.” This team should be high on your list to help capture your wedding day.

Kelly · Married on 06/23/2017

Hiring Jesse and Moira was hands down the best decision we ever made when planning our wedding! They're the real deal. They are a real couple, with real unique ideas and a real passion for the art of photography. It all started with our fun engagement session that captured three of our favorite things: Mountains, dogs, and beers. Who wouldn't love that? All of our favorite things :) On our wedding day, we were both extremely worried about the weather. It was ridiculously cold for June and waking up to rain and fog isn't every bride's dream. They assured us that the lighting was perfect for photos and they were so right. Once the fog finally cleared, they were able to capture a beautiful moment between my husband and I and the photograph was even more incredible than moment itself. To this day, people still ask us if it is a painting because it looks that incredibly real and vivid. The lighting and mountainous back drop is absolutely perfect. Sometimes we look at the picture and think, "Is that really us?" It looks like it belongs in a magazine, no joke! Not to mention that they were seamless. They captured the raw emotion of the events, the people and the memories that were created that day. Some of our favorite pictures are the candid shots that we didn't even notice were being taken. We couldn't have been happier with them and their outstanding work!

Catherine · Married on 04/01/2017

Jesse and Moira were more than we ever could have hoped for. They captured our wedding so completely and vibrantly. Scrolling through the sneak peek photos brought tears to our eyes as we re-lived our wedding through the moments they captured. I’ve shared the photos with co-workers, friends, and pretty much anyone else who will listen and they say the same two things, “These are the most spectacular wedding photos I’ve ever seen” and “I feel like I was there.” People told my husband Kacey and I that our wedding day would fly by, and they’re right, it did. But when nostalgia strikes or we want to re-live getting ready, seeing each other for the first time, crying as I walk down the aisle, our ceremony, or the love that surrounded us that day, all we have to do is look through the photos from Jesse and Moira. We are forever delighted with their work and so thankful for their artistry.

If you’re hoping for catalog-worthy pictures of centerpieces, choose from any of the hundreds of wedding photographers who capture the “details” of the day. If you want to see, in two-dimensions, your love story, your happiness, and the vibrancy of your wedding day, choose J. La Plante.

Kirsten · Married on 10/22/2016

By far, hands down, no question our favorite vendor we used at our wedding!! Jesse and Moira are not only spectacular photographers with the most unique perspective and "voice" as photographers but they are great people. So easy to work with, personable yet professional. They were the people I was least worried about throughout our wedding day. They always come with new, innovative ideas to really capture what makes your relationship unique. You will NOT get generic wedding photos, but gorgeous and epic moments coupled with the smallest details. They were always on point with communication, letting us know timelines, when to expect our photos to be ready etc. which was so refreshing. They are so thoughtful about their process and make every effort to capture everything you want while also remaining as much "in the background" as possible. I would recommend them to anyone!!

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2016

Jesse and Moira were absolutely fantastic. They were very reasonably priced, flexible, responsive and fun to work with. We were drawn in by their amazing landscape captures for other weddings/events (we had a mountain wedding) and their candid shots of guests. They delivered better photos than I could have imagined. I had been a little emotional the day before, so I had puffy eyes but they made me look gorgeous. Also, they are conscious of the entire day. They kept everything on time and still got all the shots we wanted and more! I cannot recommend them more. My brother is getting married soon and we will definitely be contacting Jesse again (even for a destination). They are well worth it!!!

Jessica · Married on 08/28/2016

Jesse and Moira are the best! They are such a fun and friendly couple. They accommodated our tight schedule when booking our engagement pictures and always emailed us back right away if we had questions! We had seen their work before, so we knew the pictures would be amazing - but we were absolutely blown away once we saw the final product from our wedding. We hardly even noticed them hard at work during our wedding, as they blended right in, and even with a little rain they were able to work around it and get in all our group photos and some spectacular spur-of-the-moment couple photos. They truly helped give us a unique set of pictures to help us cherish our wedding and engagement forever - and made the experience so much fun as well. We would recommend them to anyone!

Julie · Married on 08/27/2016

We ultimately decided on J. La Plante after combing through a number of other Colorado photographers whom we thought were very 'ok'. We decided on Jesse and Moira because we wanted the very best! Even with that said, J. La Plante still ended up beating the price for our second and third choices for photographer. Jesse went out of his way to call us the evening after our meeting to share with us a special package he tailored just for our needs that met our price.

We choose J. La Plante in particular for the cool strobe effect they demonstrated in many of their sample pictures; outlining the subject of the photo with a background burst of light. We also prioritized not having an album of mostly 'staged' looking photos with subjects staring directly into the camera, as we noticed in example albums from many other photographers. Jesse and Moira were masterful at catching the best of candid and 'natural' looking photos.

During our wedding day Jesse and Moira played a key role in helping coordinate and solving some logistical issues in making our special day go smoothly...all the while taking amazing pictures! They utilized the experience and skill they developed photographing for numerous other weddings.

Jesse and Moira spare nothing, once they have a vision, to execute the perfect shot. Moira was able to get businesses to grant us access to needed facilities (for our engagement shoot). Jesse didn't hesitate to take off his shoes, hike up his pants, and wade into a lake to hover his (probably extremely expensive camera) an inch above the water to make it appear as though Julie and I were standing on an endless beach by the ocean....in the middle of Colorado!

Now that were done and married, we're hearing about other couples who are asking for similar photo-shoots taken based off what they saw in our albums! J. La Plante really made us feel like celebrities!

-Ben ( using Julie's WeddingWire account :P )

eric · Married on 08/20/2016

We chose to contact Jesse and Moira after a raving review from a friend. They were extremely responsive and willing to meet up with us to talk about our day and what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. After booking then, we had an additional meeting to talk about the specific events of the wedding day. They had a full schedule outlined and had some ideas for photo locations but would still be up at our venue a day early to scout out additional locations.
    It was so relieving to let them take charge on the wedding day to coordinate first look shots, wedding party shots, family shots, etc. It was so great not to have to think about it.
    We could not be happier with the quality and style of the photos, and having digital rights to every shot was a huge plus. They did such an amazing job capturing our day and were worth every penny. Our favorite shots were the ones taken outside at night. They have a great eye to create the perfect lighting for the most memorable photos.
    We just received the photo book that was included in our package and can't speak highly enough of its quality. It is beautiful and they did a wonderful job selecting the perfect photos for it.
    We have been recommending these photographers to every couple we know planning a wedding.