J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting

Warwick, NY View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Based in Warwick, New York, J, Howard Studios performs live event paintings that transform any wedding day into a stunning work of art. An award-winning landscape and figurative artist, Janet Howard-Fatta will create stunning oil renderings of your special day as experienced through her senses. This unique visual flair captures the celebration of your love in a dynamic fashion. Drawn to light, color, and the human spirit, Janet will commission a piece emotionally true to the gestures, mood, and nuances of your special day. The result is a timeless keepsake, lovingly created, that will be cherished by your family for years to come.

Capturing the human spirit in the throes of merriment is central to this artist's work. Janet will arrive 2-3 hours prior to the festivities to pin down your background elements. Once your event is fully underway, Janet will happily interact with your guests as they watch her work. With a limit of 10-14 people within each piece, you can have fun identifying your family and friends by their unique features. After each event, the painting is refined at the J. Howard Studios and then shipped directly to you.

Janet uses high-quality acrylics and oil paints on a pre-stretched canvas before layering it with a removable varnish to protect the painting over time. Each package includes four-eight hours of touch-ups plus two revisions. You can also commission a custom painting based on a photo or video from your wedding day. With sizes and styles to fit your budget, Janet will transform your special day into a timeless masterpiece.

• Woman-owned

How would you categorize your product offerings?

Custom

What services do you provide?

Design
Printing
Shipping

What is the average turnaround time, from initial contact to shipment?

Next Day
1 Month+

Are you able to meet clients in person to showcase your product?

Is there a minimum order requirement?

What is your return policy?

Partial Refund

• Stephanie
    Stephanie Z. Married on 02/11/2022

Timeless Memory

We absolutely love our painting from our wedding day. Every time I look at it, I can picture everything about that moment - it's perfectly preserved for us. I look at our painting, and I can remember the way I felt, the way the room was lit by candles, the smell of cedar, excitement and love. It was also a treat to watch the painting progress throughout the night. At dinner, we were seated across from where Janet was working and each time we looked up, something new was added - like our dog Simba. The transformation was incredible to witness. The people in the painting came to life - and each of their personalities were brought onto the canvas. Janet even included my grandfather who had passed away along with my grandmother who could not attend because of Alzheimer's. She painted them both in the way that I choose to remember them by. We also benefited from having touch-up's added to our package. I was kicking myself after our wedding for just including family members and not my childhood best friend who is basically a sister. When we included touch-ups, adding additional people was not at all what I had in mind. So I am very glad we did this. It was also nice because at the end of the evening, we were not responsible for taking the painting safely home. This is something we will never forget. It was hands down one of the best decisions we made. We will cherish this forever. Janet, thank you for being a part of our wedding day memories. We can't thank you enough.

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Dear Stephanie,
    Thank you for this wonderful, thoughtful review. It was wonderful to be a part of your unique wedding. I love that you included the details about including you grandparents, best friends and dog. I’ll add that Stephanie’s painting was the first painting I have done of a couple playing a duet together at a piano. I’m so pleased that you both are so happy with the painting and the experience!
    Thank you again!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 11/06/2021

Vendor to remember!

The one thing that will stand out 50 years from now is how I felt seeing the painting come to life. I couldn’t believe how much the paintings look like us. It even FELT like us! The poses she captured at the church and reception are what I think about when I think about our day. Not only did she paint us to perfection, but she was able to capture THE moment to do so! It’s truly a remarkable piece of art to have for a life time not to include the overall excitement it adds to the day. Everyone enjoyed watching her work and still talks about it! They were so impressed as are we. Janet was also such a pleasure to work with. So down to earth, talented, and personable. Would 10/10 times would recommend using her! This is a wedding “vendor” you don’t want to skip!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Pricing

24 Overhill Lane Warwick, NY, 10990
Location of (J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting)

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding