J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Daniel S. Married on 08/21/2021

Hiring Janet is the best decision you’ll ever make

Absolutely amazing!! Janet was so incredible! Words can’t even describe how stunning her portrait was, but also the experience she added to the night. Every single person could not stop talking about her. Hiring Janet is the best decision you can make. And we her painting will be with us forever.
  • Heidi
    Heidi Married on 12/09/2020

Amazing Event Artist!

We give our highest recommendation to work with Janet. We were originally supposed to get married in May 2020 but had to cancel because of the current pandemic and rescheduled to having a more intimate ceremony instead. Janet was completely accommodating with our fluctuating timeline and setting, and eventually we decided to have her recreate one of our wedding photos into a painting instead of coming down to do it live given safety concerns related to the pandemic. The painting is absolutely stunning. We just received it, and we literally just sat and stared at it for hours with huge smiles on our face. Her attention to detail was impeccable and she adds her own creative touch to the interpretation which makes the piece truly unique. We look forward to working with her again in the future. Thank you so much Janet!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 10/16/2020

Amazing Surprise!

Wow! What an honor it was to be surprised by my now husband with a live painter during our wedding. Janet weathered the storm and didn't let the rain stop her from creating our beautiful first dance. It is amazing to watch Janet work and also to see how she incorporated each important family member. I am beyond excited to place this piece in our home and share it with everyone.

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you so much for this excellent review! I loved being the surprise at your intimate, very wet and wonderful wedding. I’m excited to touch it up and for you to have it! 💛💦🧑🏻‍🎨
    Lauren B. Married on 10/03/2020

Absolutely the Best!!

Janet is amazing. I hired her as a surprise for my daughter’s wedding. After discussing the details ahead of time, Janet got right to work when she arrived that evening. It was wonderful to see the painting come to life. My daughter and son-in-law just received it after the finishing touches and they LOVE it. I cannot praise Janet enough on her professionalism, personality and amazing talent!!

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! The reviews are amazing. More than I could ask for and they mean the world to me!
    Sincerely, Thank you, You are a pleasure, and your family is lovely, a pleasure to meet you all.
    Valerie B. Married on 09/26/2020

Wedding Painting - September wedding

Janet is so incredibly talented. My husband and I are so happy with the painting she did of our wedding. She was extremely detailed and the painting feels so life like. We have already received so many compliments.

If you plan to have a live painter at your wedding or are looking to have a photo turned into a painting I highly recommend Janet!

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thanks so much! I love your painting thank you for having me create this for you. Best of Luck and love t you both!!!
  • Kay
    Kay P. Married on 08/04/2020

Top Professionalism

I came across at least 5 painters when searching for one for my wedding, and I am thrilled that I picked Live Event Painting by Janet Howard-Fatta! One of the first things that drew me to Janet's page were the style and quality of her paintings. Her paintings are calm to the eye and she captures the important details in a live painting. Janet was extremely professional before, during, and after our event. She was open to make my vision of the painting a reality and she truly captured the joy and love on our wedding day. If you want a unique memory at your wedding and a special piece of art in your home as newly weds, I highly recommend Live Event Painting by Janet Howard-Fatta.

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you for that outstanding review and for recognizing the value in my work. I enjoyed working with you to create your vision on your special day.
    Audrey C. Married on 07/18/2020

Backyard Party

Not only does Janet paint wedding memories, she can do anything. I hired Janet to paint a backyard party casual setting for my mom’s birthday. The painting is stunning. Not only did she capture everyone perfectly, she painted them in role (my son at the grill, me coming down the stairs). She even put our 3 dogs in. The best part was she added in my brother who passed 11 years ago as part of a tree looking down at us. We love it! Janet is amazingly talented, sweet, fun and I would/will definitely hire her again!!

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you Audrey! It felt like I was painting my own family. It was a pleasure to be there for yours! I now use how I painted your brother as a great example of how to include someone like that. Thank you!💛
    Nick S. Married on 01/12/2020

5 STARS - Janet is an AMAZING live evet painter!

I stumbled into Janet through social media and I am SO grateful that I did. Janet live event painted our wedding and I could not be more thrilled with how the painting turned out. Janet was extremely professional, responsive and thoughtful throughout the entire process. Janet really wanted the painting to be exactly what we wanted and even incorporated our pup, who was not at the wedding. The painting portrayed our wedding to perfection, showcasing our love and the beautiful backdrop at Park Savoy. I cannot count how many complements I received from guests on Janet's work. I unequivocally recommend using Janet if you are searching for a live event painter
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa C. Married on 12/13/2019

12/13/19 Wedding!

Working with Janet was absolutely magical! She was such a pleasure to work with, she was kind, professional, passionate, and so talented. She was the highlight of my wedding, my guests had never seen a live painter and loved seeing her progress! By the end of the night my guests were captivated by the end results. I can not recommend Janet enough! I actually went a size up for the painting and I am so happy i did! The amount of work and love Janet puts into each painting was incredible. The fine details is really what captures your special night! I can not thank her enough for capturing all the love that was in my first dance! Do your self a favor and book with her for your wedding or event!

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

HUGE SMiLE! Thank you! You are a pleasure and all of your guests, Oh What a Night!! Thank you and Congratulations!! I'm so happy to have met you and worked with you to create this piece!
    Jennifer Married on 10/27/2019

Drop everyhing and book Janet NOW!

I booked Janet less than 2 weeks before my wedding. She was so lovely and professional throughout the whole process. I booked her for the Renaissance Package (2 paintings). She painted my ceremony and my first dance. Janet is so talented! It was so incredible seeing her capture special moments from my wedding day on canvas. My guests told me the favorite part of the wedding was the live painting. It was so unique and it was so much fun for them seeing a masterpiece being created in front of their eyes. When my paintings arrived, it was so much fun seeing every detail in the painting. They are breath taking. My family loves the painting just as much as I do. I look at the paintings a few times a day and I smile. Thank you Janet for being part of our wedding day! I highly recommend her!

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you Jennifer! I’m so glad it worked out because it was such a pleasure to be there. I’m happy to have these paintings as part of my portfolio!
    Nicole Married on 09/29/2019

Amazing experience !

From the moment I discovered that live oil painting vendors even exist I knew it was something I HAD to have the day of my wedding. Janet was the first vendor I booked after choosing my venue. From the first time I reached out to Janet she was extremely responsive , professional and personable . She addressed all questions and was so easy to work with . The day of the wedding I was so excited to meet her, we chatted before the guests came into the ballroom and had already started painting the room . She is so wonderful and talented. Having her at our wedding was huge hit. Family and friends are still talking about how fascinating it was to watch her work. Janet is amazing at what she does, she is beyond talent . In a few shorts days we receive our painting and we are SO excited !

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you Nicole! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding and get to meet you and create this for you both. I hope the painting always brings you back to remember all the love on your special day! ox!
  • Priscilla
    Priscilla P. Married on 09/13/2019

Wonderful artist

Janet was amazing- from start to finish! Getting a live painter for my wedding was something I pinned a long time ago so when I was on the search of looking for one, I wanted something different from just a regular photograph that anyone could take. I sifted through a few artists and when I found Janet, I really liked her work. The way she captured the beautiful background, set the scene with the lighting and time of day, and how she portrayed the couple really caught my attention. I also liked that Janet grew up in the same city as me :). In speaking with her, I could tell she was genuinely into getting my story and what my vision was for my painting. It was such an easy process interacting with Janet during a stressful time. Her calm voice definitely helps haha! She checked in with her detailed questionnaire a month before, emailed back and forth with more questions and suggestions, met during cocktail hour to get some pictures just in case..wonderful communication. I absolutely love the work of art she created from the best day of my life. Janet took my requests of the NYC skyline, the details in my venue, my giant bridal party and our fancy dip pose and took it beyond my expectations. I’m in awe staring at it as I write this review. Even meeting up with her to pick up the painting a month later was smooth sailing! So don’t delay in booking Janet because she’s great!

Dear Priscilla,
    Thank you so much. I am so deeply touched by your review. You were a pleasure to work with! You made it easy to understand your vision, and I am so glad you appreciate all I put it into making a work of art! I truly hope the painting always brings you back to your special day and you and Joe continue your love story together in a long and happy marriage. Thank you again for this outstanding review.
  • Ana
    Ana A. Married on 09/08/2019

Magic on Canvas

There is pretty much nothing that I can put into words that will capture the essence of Janet’s work. First off Janet is a doll to work with so responsive so caring and available to answer any questions within a day’s notice. Her attention to all the details before she creates your work of art will truly lead up to the magic she puts on the canvas. Fast forward to the day of she is so sweet and while she works, she interacts with guests. One of our favorite vendors by far. Her incredible talent is still the main conversation from all of our guests. Fast forward a little more to the day of delivery it really is wonderful the care she takes into packaging the canvas. She wraps it so perfectly the box could go through a tornado and it would still me immaculate. Finished product was nothing less than magic. The exact moment, the details and the feeling she captures really brings us back to our special day every time we walk by it. Not to mention it is a beautiful piece of art that will brighten any room. If you are going back and forth between live event artist do yourself a favor and call Janet. This will be the best and easiest decision of your life. Thank you, Janet, for truly putting magic on our canvas. I hope I have more events in the future in where I will be able to take advantage of your talent.

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Ana, thank you so much for this Incredible review. You touch on so many points that mean so much to me. Thank you for noticing the small stuff and the big important stuff - like making a magical piece of art. I truly hope the painting continues to bring you and your husband joy for all of your days. It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding and I hope to work with you in the future.
  • Natalie
    Natalie Married on 09/02/2019

Amazing! Janet is wonderful.

Janet’s work was the highlight of our reception. Worth every penny. She’s extremely talented, and a wonderful person on top. Very down to earth, and pleasant. She was even dancing as she painted :) so happy with this decision. This painting and even the live experience is and was something we’ll always cherish.

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Dear Natalie, It was such a pleasure to be a part of your beautiful wedding. I treasure the experience and am delighted to have your painting as part of my portfolio. Thank you for all.
    Danielle Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing job!

Janet was amazing ! She captured our moment so beautifully. Our guests were raving about her talent. It was a showstopper!
    Serafina L. Married on 08/31/2019

Best Wedding Decision!!

One of the best decisions my (now) husband and I made when hiring vendors for our wedding was hiring Janet to do a live painting of us dancing for the first time as husband and wife. The painting is breathtaking and we couldn’t be happier with the end result! Janet was beyond professional and patient. She captured every detail we requested. Janet is truly passionate about her work and it is evident in the beautiful paintings she creates. Our guests are still talking about how amazing it was to watch her in action and how stunning the painting is! Thank you so much Janet!!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing! Thank You!

Janet was a pleasure to work with for our wedding and I cannot recommend her more highly. I searched many live painters for our wedding but was instantly attracted to Janet’s vibrant style, realistic detail and overall quality of her work. She was very available by email and phone to answer our many questions and was more than eager to work with us to capture the perfect moment of our wedding. We desired to capture our first dance with a lively, fun, celebration theme, with our family surrounding us, and Janet’s painting depicted just that. She was the highlight of the wedding with guests consistently going over to follow the progress throughout the night. In fact, my uncle was so blown away that he asked Janet if he could be added as a bystander, and she added him to the painting on the spot! She is amazing-professional, talented, and passionate about her work. I can’t thank her enough for our beautiful painting that will hang in our dining room for years and years to come!
    Katelynn Married on 06/28/2019

Wedding 6/28/19

Janet recently did our wedding at the Grand Marquis. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about how awesome it was to watch the painting unfold throughout the night and how amazing it looked! Janet was very personable and worked with our budget from the very beginning. She truly has a gift for what she does and we cannot wait to have our painting framed! Thank you again Janet for the beautiful painting!

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you so much for this great review! You were such a pleasure to create for! Best of Luck and love to you and Nick always!!!
  • Christine
    Christine M. Married on 05/31/2019

Beautiful and professional

Fantastic painting of the evening!!!! Janet did a wonderful job, all of my guests enjoyed watching her painting and it was such a wonderful conversation among the guests . This painting was a little surprise for my husband, his parents both passed away. But with working with Janet; I was able to send her a picture of them and she included them in the painting. Truly a beautiful painting and will last a lifetime, worth every penny!!! Highly recommended

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to work with you and create this for you and your husband. I love the painting! and your guests were fantastic!
    Linda Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing work!

Janet is such a sweetheart and a very talented artist! She created TWO lovely paintings for our ceremony and reception. All the guests were seriously impressed, and it gave a unique touch to our wedding! Janet is very easy to work with, great with communication, and took the time to understand the style we wanted. We didn't have to wait long for the finished paintings either. I talked to many event painters, and Janet is one of the more experienced artists and her prices are reasonable. We can't wait to hang up the paintings in our new home! (Still amazed she was able to do 2 in one night!) Thank you Janet!
    Danielle A. Married on 02/16/2019

Liberty Warehouse Wedding

Janet was wonderful to work with and incredibly professional. Her paintings are truly stunning and it is something that my husband and I will cherish. Our guests loved watching her paint throughout the night. We could not be any happier with the final product!
    Marina R. Married on 02/11/2019

My experience working with Janet Howard Fatta

I can't thank Janet enough for the wonderful and absolutely amazing art she made on my son's wedding day. Janet created a beautiful painting with so much expression and endless memories for all of us. She is not only a great artist-she is a very nice person: responsible, caring, very organized. I was very happy to work with Janet from the day one, I like her impressionistic style and I can not be more happier with the result. She is perfectionist who wants to make sure that the painting meet the high standards - I highly recommend Janet because she is simple the BEST .
    Eileen Married on 12/31/2018

Janet is amazing!

I cannot express what a pleasure it was to work with Janet for our wedding! She is as kind as she is talented. Not only did she capture every, amazing detail of our night, but she did so effortlessly as she talked with our guests, who were mesmerized at her abilities! She makes it look easy and talks to anyone interested as she is painting. Janet's work is simply, amazing! The way in which she does her work is not only a talent but a true gift. Her style of art is gorgeous. And, her ability to capture the level of detail in the faces of our guests is remarkable. My husband and I were beyond thrilled with the finished product. Janet listened intently to exactly what we wanted to capture and she exceeded our expectations. She talked with us several times before our wedding to make sure she understood what we wanted. She had never been to our venue before but worked tirelessly to research pictures to familiarize herself with the room prior to her arrival. You would never know she had never been there before, as the way she painted the architecture was perfect! And, she worked with us in the weeks after the wedding, as she did the finishing touches, to make sure she captured it all to our liking. It was a joy to watch her work because she clearly loves what she does. We had to stop ourselves from standing next to her all night and risk missing our reception just because we loved to watch her work! Many of our guests did just that! Our guests are STILL talking about watching her and their number one question for us post wedding is, "How amazing does the painting look?" We cannot recommend Janet enough. We had never seen a live painter before her. Needless to say, she has raised the bar for us in the event we ever do see another one! We are hopeful, someday, to find another special occasion just so that we can work with her again. She is a wonderful person and an incredible artist. Thank you, Janet, for our masterpiece that will forever help us remember the happiest night of our lives!!!

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Dear Eileen, Thank you for this amazing review. Yes, it was an amazing memorable night! There were so many fabulous details that night that expressed your passion for love, family and life, I am so glad that I was there to capture it! I just love that you are looking for another special occasion to work with me!! Until next time! xo
  • Jillian
    Jillian Married on 12/01/2018

First dance painting

I cannot recommend Janet enough! She did an amazing job on our first dance painting. She captured every small detail and really took the time to make it personal. My husband and I could not be happier!

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you so much!!! It was such a pleasure to create the painting and be there on your special day. I hope it always brings you joy!