J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting Reviews

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 7
  • Kay

Kay Par · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Top Professionalism

I came across at least 5 painters when searching for one for my wedding, and I am thrilled that I picked Live Event Painting by Janet Howard-Fatta! One of the first things that drew me to Janet's page were the style and quality of her paintings. Her paintings are calm to the eye and she captures the important details in a live painting. Janet was extremely professional before, during, and after our event. She was open to make my vision of the painting a reality and she truly captured the joy and love on our wedding day. If you want a unique memory at your wedding and a special piece of art in your home as newly weds, I highly recommend Live Event Painting by Janet Howard-Fatta.

Sent on 05/03/2019

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you for that outstanding review and for recognizing the value in my work. I enjoyed working with you to create your vision on your special day.
  • Christine

Christine Minieri · Married on 05/31/2019

Beautiful and professional

Fantastic painting of the evening!!!! Janet did a wonderful job, all of my guests enjoyed watching her painting and it was such a wonderful conversation among the guests . This painting was a little surprise for my husband, his parents both passed away. But with working with Janet; I was able to send her a picture of them and she included them in the painting. Truly a beautiful painting and will last a lifetime, worth every penny!!! Highly recommended

Sent on 07/10/2019

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to work with you and create this for you and your husband. I love the painting! and your guests were fantastic!

Linda · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing work!

Janet is such a sweetheart and a very talented artist! She created TWO lovely paintings for our ceremony and reception. All the guests were seriously impressed, and it gave a unique touch to our wedding! Janet is very easy to work with, great with communication, and took the time to understand the style we wanted. We didn't have to wait long for the finished paintings either. I talked to many event painters, and Janet is one of the more experienced artists and her prices are reasonable. We can't wait to hang up the paintings in our new home! (Still amazed she was able to do 2 in one night!) Thank you Janet!

Sent on 04/26/2019
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 8

Danielle Anderson · Married on 02/16/2019

Liberty Warehouse Wedding

Janet was wonderful to work with and incredibly professional. Her paintings are truly stunning and it is something that my husband and I will cherish. Our guests loved watching her paint throughout the night. We could not be any happier with the final product!

Sent on 03/15/2019
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 9

Eileen · Married on 12/31/2018

Janet is amazing!

I cannot express what a pleasure it was to work with Janet for our wedding! She is as kind as she is talented. Not only did she capture every, amazing detail of our night, but she did so effortlessly as she talked with our guests, who were mesmerized at her abilities! She makes it look easy and talks to anyone interested as she is painting. Janet's work is simply, amazing! The way in which she does her work is not only a talent but a true gift. Her style of art is gorgeous. And, her ability to capture the level of detail in the faces of our guests is remarkable. My husband and I were beyond thrilled with the finished product. Janet listened intently to exactly what we wanted to capture and she exceeded our expectations. She talked with us several times before our wedding to make sure she understood what we wanted. She had never been to our venue before but worked tirelessly to research pictures to familiarize herself with the room prior to her arrival. You would never know she had never been there before, as the way she painted the architecture was perfect! And, she worked with us in the weeks after the wedding, as she did the finishing touches, to make sure she captured it all to our liking. It was a joy to watch her work because she clearly loves what she does. We had to stop ourselves from standing next to her all night and risk missing our reception just because we loved to watch her work! Many of our guests did just that! Our guests are STILL talking about watching her and their number one question for us post wedding is, "How amazing does the painting look?" We cannot recommend Janet enough. We had never seen a live painter before her. Needless to say, she has raised the bar for us in the event we ever do see another one! We are hopeful, someday, to find another special occasion just so that we can work with her again. She is a wonderful person and an incredible artist. Thank you, Janet, for our masterpiece that will forever help us remember the happiest night of our lives!!!

Sent on 04/28/2019

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Dear Eileen, Thank you for this amazing review. Yes, it was an amazing memorable night! There were so many fabulous details that night that expressed your passion for love, family and life, I am so glad that I was there to capture it! I just love that you are looking for another special occasion to work with me!! Until next time! xo

Jillian · Married on 12/01/2018

First dance painting

I cannot recommend Janet enough! She did an amazing job on our first dance painting. She captured every small detail and really took the time to make it personal. My husband and I could not be happier!

Sent on 11/24/2018

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you so much!!! It was such a pleasure to create the painting and be there on your special day. I hope it always brings you joy!

Danielle · Married on 12/01/2018

A Forever Treasure

Janet perfectly captured our wedding at the Rainbow Room, and was even able to paint in our family members. We will cherish this piece forever.

Sent on 01/24/2019
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 10

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you so much! I am so glad I was there to capture your stunningly, beautiful reception! I really enjoyed all of your family - so fun!

Robyn · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing Experience & Best Investment We Could Have Made

We decided to get an event painting instead of Getting a video - and hands down was the best decision we could have made for our wedding. Janet came highly recommended by one of her peers - and I am SO glad we found her. She is beyond a pleasure to work with. Having a video done Very professional and takes great care to get to know her clients and get a feel for what they want in their paintings. We spoke in detail on the phone for almost 45 minutes about what the painting should look and feel like, whom we wanted pictured, and what was important to us in the painting. Our guests really loved seeing her paint, and loved interacting with her as well. She gets there early to start the background and by the end of the night the painting was mostly done. She takes it home to finish final touches; because she genuinely wants it to be a perfect depiction of your special event / day - and her work really is and does speak for itself. I would recommend her to anyone I know that is getting married - and not only that - really encourage them to get a live painter if they weren’t considering it (using Janet of course). My wedding day would not have been the same without her, and I now have a timeless beautiful painting of the day in my living room that not only we can enjoy every day; but our friends and family can enjoy when they come over also.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 11

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Robyn, Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your event. Everything was beautiful and it was a room filled with wonderful people - so I certainly had a lot of inspiration to create with. Wishing you and Jon continued blessings.

Ashley Kuligowski · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing and unbelievably talented!

After looking at a few different live painters, Janet's style was exactly what we were looking for for our wedding day! Aside from being unbelievably talented, she is so organized, professional, responsive, and fun. She took the time to learn exactly what we were looking for and to make sure she incorporated all of the aspects that were important to us - and she executed it perfectly! We even had a request for a change in one of the details after the fact, and you wouldn't even be able to tell that she changed something in the painting. My guests really loved interacting with her throughout the night and the finished product brought tears to my eyes! I highly highly recommend Janet!

Sent on 06/23/2019

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you Ashley for this outstanding review! It was such a pleasure to work with you both, and how much you love the painting means the world to me.

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2018

The best decision!

Hiring Janet to paint our outdoor wedding was the best decision! I could tell early on that she's very passionate about art, and she works closely with you beforehand to understand your vision for your painting. I told her that I envisioned something magical and romantic, and I cannot say enough about how magical and romantic our painting turned out! The people we asked her to paint into the wedding came out perfectly too. Guests were so enamored with her work and couldn't stop taking about it. She's very personable and engaging with anyone who would come up to talk to her, and I'd highly recommend her for your event!

Sent on 12/05/2018

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you Amanda! It was such a pleasure to work with you creating your vision. Your wedding was so unique, charming, & beautiful. I loved everything about my Dallas weekend and the painting itself!

Julia Sieczkowski · Married on 10/07/2018

The best decision ever!

There are no words to express how amazing Janet is! She was wonderful to work with from the very beginning. Reasonably priced for such a truly spectacular gift. We had the most wonderful wedding and I surprised my now husband with the live action painting. It may have been a surprise for my husband but it is truly a gift for both of us. To this day I have many guests and friends who have seen pictures of our wedding state how unique it was to have Janet there. Following our wedding she took the painting to make it absolutely perfect and even change a few things per my request before she personally shipped it. We LOVE our painting. It is perfect and we cannot offer a higher recommendation.

Sent on 01/22/2019
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 12

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

I love when it shows your painting!!! I love the way the two of you looked at each other while you were dancing. The two of you poised together make this such a special painting. Thank you for this outstanding review and for being such a wonderful person.

Lauren T · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing Work

Janet was actually a secret wedding gift from family who we were SO lucky to have at our wedding. Janet sat quietly in the corner of the reception room and guests were just fascinated by her work all night. It's quite amazing how she captured our first dance as well as all the important people in the wedding in her painting. Janet was also kind and pleasant to work with- she was prompt in communication and was mindful and proactive about mailing the final product about a month later. We truly enjoyed having Janet and her work just speaks for itself. Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 01/29/2019
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 13

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

I was just thinking about you today!!!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. BIG smile! I was delighted to be at your most wonderful, beautiful wedding. Thank you, thank you.

Brooke · Married on 08/18/2018

Janet is absolutely amazing! She wowed my guests with her unique artistry - and wowed us with the most amazing painting of the most special moment of our lives! Hands down the best money spent on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/22/2018
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 14

Sarah · Married on 07/07/2018

Janet painted our wedding ceremony and it turned out absolutely perfect. We are so happy to have the painting in our home. Janet was a pleasure to work from start to finish. She loves what she does and was a great addition to our wedding day. I recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2018

Janet's talent is out of this world! I hired her as a surprise for my now husband at our wedding. She was so easy to work with and the painting she created for us is one which we will treasure forever!

Sent on 07/23/2018

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you Danielle! You are such a pleasure, I am so glad I was able to create this painting for you both. Wishing you both all the best!

Cristina · Married on 05/20/2018

I found the idea of hiring a live wedding painter online, and initially was on the fence about it. When I found Janet’s page and saw her previous work I fell in love. I looked into pricing, and her pricing was comparable to other event painters I had looked into. We had a tight budget as it was, but we decided to make it work and go forward with booking her for our wedding and I am truly so so glad that we did! We loved working with Janet, five stars doesn’t feel like enough! Communication was always easy and she responded very quickly to any questions I had leading up to the wedding. She traveled to us from out of state. She arrived to our wedding reception early in the day to start painting the room and then painted our first dance. She was such a hit at our wedding reception-our guests LOVED watching her paint and almost a month later our guests are still talking about how wonderful of an idea it was to have a live wedding painting, how awesome she was, and what a wonderful job she did. Aside from the actual wedding ceremony, Janet painting our first dance was a definite favorite of ours and the guests alike! We received our final painting in the mail and it is so beautiful-we love it more than I could have imagined that we would. We can recognize so many people in the painting, including our son which makes it even that much more special. Having a piece of art like this is such a perfect and unique keepsake from one of the most special days of our lives, and we will cherish it forever. I would recommend her without a doubt-she is worth every penny and then some!

Sent on 06/13/2018
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 15

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you for that glowing review! I had so much fun painting wedding! It is now one of my favorite paintings, I love the composition - and the way you too looked at each other. Congratulations on a life of love!!! Thank you! You get a 5 star client review from me!

Christina · Married on 01/27/2018

Janet was so accommodating! I contacted her to do a painting for our first dance as a surprise to my husband. She was always responsive, easy to communicate with, and super helpful. During the reception she was a huge center point for entertainment as my guests went throughout the night to watch her and see the progress. It came out wonderful and I wouldn’t change a thing! Best $ spent and a lifetime souvenir from your wedding that’s more unique than just a photo.

Sent on 05/21/2018

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Big HUG Christina!!!! Thank you so much for this awesome review...I enjoyed working you and I'm so delighted to have helped pull off this surprise and create a work of art for you both!

Brittany · Married on 11/18/2017

When my mom told me about hiring a live painter for my wedding I wasn't convinced, but after seeing Janet work and the crowd that she drew during the wedding I was sold, and even more so when we received our painting in the mail.. I am OBSESSED with it! What I loved about Janet during the time that she was painting is that she took the time to come up to me and asked me for my opinion on what scene I wanted her to paint from pictures that she had taken, and also when guests approached her, she took the time to talk to them, rather then ignoring them and just handing them a business card. The detail that Janet put into the painting you can definitely tell that it is my husband and I and I love the little details that she included that you wouldn't even think of. The painting has been one of the most talked about features of my wedding and my parents and I think it was definitely money well spent!! I would recommend Janet to everyone and anyone looking to hire a live painter for their wedding or event!

Sent on 12/20/2017
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 16

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Now I'm walking on clouds! Thank you for that excellent review and for appreciating all the details that matter to me too! I am so passionate about event painting, your review means the world to me. Thank you!

Christina · Married on 11/11/2017

Janet is incredible. She is so professional and accommodating. She arrived early to start the painting. We consulted about the style of the painting and she really listened. Her work is beautiful, she really captured the mood of gen evening! Everyone compliments me on what a romantic and elegant touch it was to have a live artist. We are so happy Janet was part of it wedding! We highly recommend her work!

Sent on 12/05/2017

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you so much for all your kind words here especially the part about really listening, and I just loved working with you. I'm delighted to have your painting as part of my portfolio!

Sasha · Married on 11/10/2017

Janet was a HUGE highlight of the night. People were mesmerized by her talent and her final product blew us away. I would absolutely use her for another event!

Sent on 11/11/2017

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you so much for that rave review! You and Greg are such a pleasure to work with!!!

Jenna · Married on 10/28/2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about Janet. She is honest, sweet and incredibly talented. From the moment I contacted her, she worked with me to answer all my questions, describe what she does and the process, and make sure her plan for our painting was exactly what we envisioned. Everyone at our wedding told us that they loved watching the painting unfold throughout the night, and that Janet was so lovely to chat with as she was painting. Janet worked on the painting to perfect it after our wedding was over, and then shipped it to us when it was finished. We could not be more pleased with the finished product. She captured our two families perfectly, and her work is so superb. Janet did not miss a single detail, down to the small details of what we were wearing, and the facial expressions of us and our families. The painting is truly a work of art, and is now one of our most treasured items. We hung it up within minutes of receiving it, and we love looking at it everyday. We cannot recommend Janet enough.

Sent on 12/07/2017
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 17

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

This just caused me to burst into tears. It means so much to me that my work is appreciated and cherished. Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2017

We had Janet for our wedding this past November and I can not say enough great things about her! Worth every single penny. She is a wonderful woman to work with and my guests are still raving about her! Our painting is breathtaking and priceless and we will have this family heirloom for the rest of our lives! We will use her again in the future! She is an amazing artist and if you’re thinking of having a painter at your wedding BOOK JANET BEFORE SHE IS UNAVAILABLE! loveeeeee 5 out of 5 stars unbelievable!

Sent on 12/20/2017

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you Nicole for this rave review! You are such a pleasure to work with, I look forward to working with you again. Blessings to you and your family!!!!

Laurie · Married on 06/12/2017

Amazing artist! My guests loved watching the event unfold with every brush stroke.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Molly · Married on 10/14/2017

Janet was a real draw and a source of fascination for our guests, who felt that her work and her personality were sparkling! She ended up making a beautiful piece of art for us that we love and will hold on to and cherish for generations to come! While we did not deal directly with her until the end of the process, our wedding planner reported that Janet was professional, flexible, and a pleasure to deal with!

Sent on 11/15/2017
    J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting 18

J, Howard Studios Live Event Painting's reply:

Thank you so much Molly for that glowing review! I love that you included a photo of the painting!