PO Box 1360, Genoa, NV 89411 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 5

About Ike & Martin

Ike & Martin of Genoa, Nevada are acoustic musicians available to add a unique musical flair to your wedding or special event. This enthusiastic duo shares their instrumental and vocal expertise for a wedding event you won't soon forget. Ike Marr plays the banjo, guitar, mandolin and viola; Martin Shears plays the guitar, foot bass, dobro and harmonica. Both heighten the music experience with their skilled vocals, and add delight to your ceremony, cocktail hour, reception or rehearsal dinner.

Experience

Ike Marr and Martin Shears began playing together over 20 years ago. Ike Marr shares his banjo, guitar, mandolin, viola and vocal talent while Martin Shears offers his expertise in the guitar, foot bass, dobro, harmonica and vocals. Ike Marr’s background includes classical viola training along with other instrumental skills. Also with a diverse instrumental background, Martin Shears’ experience consists of piano and guitar training. This duo’s musical performance experience spans both the United States and Europe.

This musical pair plays an array of musical genres, from classical to rock and many in between. As you design the musical selections for your event, know Ike & Martin’s song list includes over 1,000 songs. Available for your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour or reception, Ike & Martin offer the following services:

• Learning new songs

Photos 2 Photos
Videos 3 Videos

30 Reviews for Ike & Martin

Carolyn · Married on 10/20/2018

Ike & Martin are simply THE BEST.

As a former wedding musician I was particular about the who I hired for my wedding in October. I went to see countless wedding bands all over NorCal but I just wasn't impressed. When I heard Ike & Martin for the first time it was game over. They are by far the best musicians in the Tahoe / Reno area and the best cover duo out there. They were also extremely easy to work with. I only hired them for Ceremony & Cocktail Hour but I regret not having them play longer. My wedding guests are still raving about them. I highly recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2018

I can't thank Ike and Martin enough for doing such an outstanding job. I knew these guys would be great because my dad highly recommended them, but I didn't realize how essential they would be to my wedding. They played such beautiful classical music during the wedding ceremony and then switched gears and became outstanding performers for the entertainment. I won't lie, I totally procrastinated and emailed them a detailed set list the night before (don't do this to them, I felt horrible!). They totally ran with it and went above and beyond. They were so kind and helpful with the sound when we need to borrow their mikes for the announcement and even helped put a sound mike on our Officiant. I would recommend them to anyone, especially if you are stressing about your wedding. They are completely worth it! Thanks again guys!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Ike & Martin FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price?
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package?
    $ 4000
  • Which of the following are included in the package?
    Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band?
    Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
    Acoustic
    Folk
    Pop
    Rock
    Strings
  • What music services do you provide?
    Instrumentals
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Rehearsal Dinner Music
    Vocals
    Willing to Travel
  • What items are available?
    Gobo Projector
    Microphones

• Blue Sky Events Wedding Planners

Do want a dance party? Do you want your guests to be thoroughly entertained? You'll be lucky if they are available, & if they are, hire Ike and Martin! They are so much fun and extremely talented musicians!

• Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Wedding Cakes

Simply put these guys are top notch and bad ass! I have had the pleasure of watching them perform at countless public shows and private events and they never disappoint. My husband and I also hired them to play the ceremony and reception at our 10 year vow renewal and they knocked it out of the park. We got SO many compliments. As wedding vendor myself, I refer them to my clients every chance I get. Ike and Martin are super professional, prompt and deliver incredible music and endless humor every single time. For an acoustic duo, their music is unmatched by any other band in Tahoe. Ike's string playing ability is amazing and Martin rocks the guitar, bass pedals, harmonica and even the kazoo! Their sing list is HUGE and spans so many genres. Beatles, Cars, Pixies, Stones, Floyd...and their Led Zepplin is incredible. Book these guys for a truly unforgettable event.

• Rob Morse Photography Wedding Photographers

I have worked with Ike & Martin on multiple occasions. They are not only the most professional musicians I have seen, but they are more passionate about what they do than anyone I know. They truly love what they do and it shows! Their interaction with the guests of the event is amazing to watch and their musicianship is unparalleled. So, if you want extraordinary entertainment at your event that people will talk about for years, book Ike & Martin! Rob Morse.

• PO Box 1360 Genoa, Nevada, 89411 See on map
    Location of (Ike & Martin)