2906 Salford Drive, Abingdon, MD 21009 Map · Phone number

About Hughes Entertainment

Hughes Entertainment is a family, (father & sons), operated business which provides professional entertainment including live instrumental & vocal performances, deejay service, emcee, pro-sound systems and lighting. Together we've been helping to make lasting memories for brides and grooms since 2007.

Follow Hughes Entertainment on

4 Reviews for Hughes Entertainment

• Maranda

Maranda · Married on 05/11/2019

Great service!

We worked with Joe Jr. & Sr. for our wedding on May 11, 2019. They were such fun to work with and were very quick to respond to any questions or requests. We had a few songs that we wanted to use for special dances (first dance, parent dances, etc) that were very lengthy and that we wanted cut so we could fit everything in without it being boring for our guests and they did a great job of making those songs work. They were set up on time and were very professional throughout the whole experience. Thank you Hughes Entertainment!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Hughes Entertainment's reply:

Thanks very much for your great review & comments. We enjoyed performing for your wedding day & hope you have a wonderful future together.

Joe Hughes Sr.

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2018

Joe Sr. and Joe Jr. were the perfect DJ/announcer combination for our wedding! We met with them a month or two prior to go over the game plan of the different songs we wanted played and intros and they did absolutely everything we asked! We had a very unique wedding at a baseball stadium so we included a few baseball elements with the music and intros and they absolutely loved it and ran with it to make it just the way we pictured!
    On wedding day they arrived early and met with me beforehand to make sure my wife and I liked how the music sounded with the speakers around the stadium and it sounded awesome! They did everything we asked for the ceremony and the music timing was flawless! Joe Sr. handled the reception introductions and announcements throughout the night and they and they sounded so professional and fun! We got so many compliments about it throughout the night! Joe Jr. handled the tunes and it couldn't of gone any better than it did. He listened to the songs we wanted and even more importantly listened to the songs we didn't want played. He took requests but used his judgement of whether it was a song we would of wanted played and he did a great job with that as well! And this isn't someone who is just playing songs off Spotify or something, he is a professional DJ and the transitions from song to song were mixed so well where you hear parts of the next song as the previous song is close to ending and other things like that. It was similar to what you would hear at a club in New York or Las Vegas. People were definitely raving about it! We couldn't of asked for anything more from both Joe Sr. and Joe Jr.
    This is a top notch DJ/announcer combo for a very fair price. They are very professional and they dress to impress as well on wedding day. There response time was very quick leading up to the wedding whenever we had a question or wanted to add songs to the list. Planning a wedding is definitely stressful and takes a lot of time planning

Sent on 06/04/2018

Anna · Married on 05/20/2017

These guys are awesome. I met with them a few weeks before our my wedding and I had no clue what I was doing. They were really helpful and patient and made some great suggestions! They asked me what my "must have" songs were and made sure to make note of the songs that I did not want played too. They took the time to make sure they had the proper pronunciation of our friends and family members, and were just really nice and thoughtful.

They played exactly what we wanted at our reception. Everyone had a great time and they were really good at keeping everything on schedule. I didn't really think about how important staying on schedule is but it's really important when managing multiple vendors and a venue that must be vacated by a certain time. I'm glad I had them because I didn't have to worry about anything! They stuck to the schedule without being pushy and and adjusted things when needed...These guys are pros - I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Hughes Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 880.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,215.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 150.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

• 2906 Salford Drive Abingdon, 21009 See on map