Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek is a restaurant wedding venue located in West Des Moines, Iowa. This restaurant wedding venue offers an elegant dining experience paired with delicious cuisine for all kinds of special events including rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, wedding receptions, bridal showers, and much more. At Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek, you can expect a fine dining experience and an acute attention to detail when it comes to hosting special events.
Facilities and Capacity
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek hosts special events inside Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse restaurant. There are many different spaces available to accommodate your event needs. The boardroom is an intimate setting that is perfect for dinner events with up to 40 guests. This restaurant also features a pre-function space near the main event space where guests can gather before or between events at your big day. Inside the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek, you’ll find the Grand Ballroom. This Grand Ballroom has over 4,400 square feet of event space that can host special events with up to 280 guests. Additionally, this room can be divided into smaller spaces for medium and small sized events.
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek relies on Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse to bring in their dining expertise to offer a lovely experience for you and your guests on your big day. The team at Johnny’s Steakhouse will work closely with you to determine your personal tastes, preferences, and dining needs for your special day to create a completely customized menu just for you.
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek offers more than just an empty room and good food. This wedding venue will assist you in the set up and clean up required to create the atmosphere you want for your big day. Additionally, this venue offers bridal and groom’s suites, event planning services, and much more.
Recommended by 97% of couples
25 User photos
Sean · Married on 11/17/2018
Need a wedding venue? Look no further!
Going thru this experience, like all other engaged couples, it’s very stressing, time consuming, and difficult to plan for a reception area to meet all our accommodations.Sent on 12/04/2018
I cannot speak enough good praise about our experience with Gina Whitehead and her team at the Holiday Inn. The reception area with about 250-275 guests that we had was ample space and the place was exceptionally clean and plenty of room for dance floor and a photo booth we had!
One big compliment that I can give was to Gina and her staff. Everyone called us by name, which made us feel so important, and usually doing the menu on that large of a scale is difficult because of the quantity and it being a plated dinner. Everyone was served almost immediately, it was hot and the quality was as excellent as if it was just Jenny and I going out for dinner. I had dozens of texts after the reception saying the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding! This was our worry and they nailed it out of the park! The staff was absolutely amazing-friendly and always had smiles on their face.
We looked at numerous places around the West Des Moines/Des Moines area and by far for price, quality, and accommodations it was the right choice and I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a reception here!
In all— honestly, I would say this was the perfect place to have our wedding reception and will recommend this to anyone I know in the future!
Thank you once again Gina and your staff for a perfect night!!!!!
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek's reply:Hi Sean! Thank you for the kind words! You and Jenny make the perfect pair and we were so happy to be part of your special day. Be sure to come back and visit every once in a while! Best wishes from us here at Johnny's Holiday Inn & Suites!
Neal · Married on 08/17/2019
High End Venue & Staff without Breaking The Bank
Choosing a place to have your reception is easily one of the most important parts of the wedding because you are going to spend the majority of your day there. That being said, if you are even considering going to the Holiday Inn at Jordan Creek just do yourself a favor and book it already. It's going to be tough to find a place with this great of service, food, location, and amenities at this price point. I could write a novel on everything I liked about our experience here but I will try to be to the point:Sent on 09/17/2019
PLANNING & SET-UP:
- The planning process with this venue was absolutely fantastic and it was solely because of the Head Events Executive Gina. From our first tour to our final payment after the wedding, Gina was so wonderful to work with. She was very flexible with our wants and needs, was very honest and open with everything, and just went above and beyond what we needed. It felt like planning a Wedding with a someone who truly cared that your Wedding would be special, so needless to say Gina was great to work with!
- Part of getting a Venue like this is so you have a staff to take care of things so you do not have to. Gina and her staff did all the set up for us and all the tear down for us. We helped making sure the decorations we brought looked the way we wanted but other than that, the day after the wedding they had everything set aside for us to just load up in the car and be done with everything.
- The Venue location is perfect. It is close to the Jordan Creek Mall, West Glen Bar/Restaurant scene, and only 20 mins from downtown.
- We had 245 people show up to the wedding and it worked perfectly. The Venue provides pretty much everything you need including a raised stage for the head table and nice table wear. The only thing we provided/rented was a backdrop, centerpieces, floral, and then decorations for the desert table, guest book table, and escort card table.
- Really fantastic set up: there is such good flow from the ballroom, to the foyer with cocktail tables where the bar was, to the outdoor patio with chairs/table and a fireplace. Everything was spaced out but yet close enough where all your guests were constantly interacting with each other.
- As far as the hotel: there is free parking (which most downtown doesn't have), low guest rates, and the bride and groom get a free suite for the night - although I would highly recommend upgrading to the "Marilyn Suite" as it is exceptional.
- The Food was one of our most complimented things from the day. Since the hotel has a "Johnny's Steakhouse" in the hotel, the restaurant is the sole provider of all the food for the venue. So it was just fantastic food and really kept the guests happy!
- We were able to do plated dinners because it's actually cheaper than buffet style. Also its worth noting you are getting high level steakhouse quality food at a much cheaper per plate costs than most places we saw downtown. So this was a great value!
- The meal starts with an Italian style salad, every guest gets olive oil to put on a little plate to dip your bread in, and then they bring out food. Also for you Vegetarians out there - they had a lot of great choices. Overall Gina & Chefs were very open to menu changes and any plates we needed to make specialty for the few guests with extreme allergies. They also have kids plated options too.
- For desert you can purchase from them or you can bring in whatever you want and they will help you cut/serve whatever you would like to do!
- They also provide late night snacks which you order in house. Also very delicious and they went fast.
- Finally, the Alcohol options were plentiful. You can order whatever kegs you would like, have house wine, and they have liquor you can provide. It's nice because you can choose to "host" as much or as little beer/wine/liquor as you want, but the bar will still serve the rest at a price. For example: we hosted beer/wine all night but they still had a full range of liquor available for those who wanted to buy that throughout the night.
PRICE & BOTTOM LINE:
- This Venue is going to give you so much you want for a fantastic price. I am saying this realizing that it will still cost you thousands of dollars to host a wedding here. But comparatively it's much cheaper than downtown, cheaper for guests, and offers everything you need in-house unlike venues that just allow you to rent the space.
It may not have the views of downtown or the trendy rustic-ness of a barn wedding, but it will give you one incredibly important thing: a great time for you and your guests. The food is delicious, they have great bar options, and the hotel is accommodating for guests. This place is truly a win-win by being so reasonably priced for everything you get but providing the best guest experience possible. At the end of the day, your wedding will be remembered by the time you had with your spouse and the time your guests had. Your Wedding will certainly never be forgotten after having it at the Holiday Inn at Jordan Creek!
M Miller · Married on 07/27/2019
Outstanding - Above and Beyond!!!
We toured eleven possible venues to host our daughter's wedding, and it was easy to see that Event Coordinator Gina and the Johnny's Holiday Inn and Suite's stood out. Our actual experience at there this past weekend couldn't have been more true! From set up, to communication, to each staff member, to the incredible food, bartenders, servers, and excellence in hosting our MANY out of state guests we can't say enough wonderful things. Family and friends are still talking about how excellent the meal was, how personable the staff was, and how great it was to have the reception and overnight option in the same location. One additional thing we would like to share is that when the bride and bridesmaids came down the elevator to leave for the church it began to pour like you won't believe. Out of nowhere several staff members appeared, took our keys, moved our cars, held umbrellas and dresses, and got everyone loaded safely and dry! It was just outstanding and made any stress disappear! We can honestly say that choosing this venue made a beautiful day for our families even better! Check out Gina and her staff!Sent on 08/01/2019
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek's reply:Hi Michelle! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a blast working with you along the way to make Maddie & Alec's wedding day a success. They are the sweetest! Be sure to come back and visit!
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek Price Rates
Holiday Inn and Johnny's just seem to be the perfect pair for any wedding! We love it when our couples choose this venue as we know things will run smooth and without a hitch. Plus we know the food will be delicious!!!
Great venue, great staff - always a pleasure to work with!