Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek is a restaurant wedding venue located in West Des Moines, Iowa. This restaurant offers an elegant dining experience paired with delicious cuisine for all kinds of special events from lavish banquets, intimate ceremonies, and exquisite receptions. At this property, you can expect a fine dining experience and acute attention to detail when it comes to hosting your next special event.
Facilities and Capacity
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek hosts special events inside Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse restaurant. There are many different spaces available to accommodate your event needs. The boardroom is an intimate setting that is ideal for banquets of up to 40 guests. This restaurant also features a pre-function area near the main event space where guests can gather for cocktails in between events on your big day. Inside the steakhouse, you’ll find the Grand Ballroom. This Grand Ballroom has over 4,400 square feet of event space that can host special events with up to 280 guests. Additionally, this room can be divided into smaller spaces for medium and small-sized events. Further facilities include get-ready suites for both sets of the wedding entourage. Here, you and your close friends can relax and slowly get ready until the big moment arrives.
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines - Jordan Creek’s experienced staff will assist you in the setup and breakdown of your event. These knowledge individuals can ensure that you optimize every square inch of space and that all of your event requirements are addressed. Additionally, you may also work with outside vendors such as planners, florists, and photographers, to help create the day you deserve. You may also make use of a variety of rental items to help decorate your event space. These include tables, chairs, centerpieces, luxurious furnishings, and a dance floor.
The culinary creatives at the restaurant aim to deliver fresh and delicious cuisine that effortlessly accompanied your celebration. The catering team provides consultations to determine your personal tastes, preferences, and dining needs for your special day to create a completely customized menu. Inspired by flavors from around the world, your menu can feature the tastes of the Medditarrean, America, the Atlantic Ocean, and more. Your cuisine will be presented to best suit your big day. From a casual buffet to a seated service with waitstaff, your dishes are professionally served however you desire.
24 Reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek
Recommended by 98% of couples
25 User photos
Amanda · Married on 03/13/2020
Gina is a legend
To give some background with our situation, we have been together now for over 12 years. We wanted to have our wedding date on the actual anniversary of our first date, amongst other reasons, so we decided to plan a short notice wedding within 6 weeks. We thought we had the venue decided and quickly realized that venue didn’t have the space we needed to make it work, so we were on the scramble. And then we met our savior, an angel by the name of Gina Whitehead. She was an absolute blessing! From the first conversation we had with her, she was calming, organized and very knowledgeable! We called on a Sunday morning spoke with Gina and was able to come view the room that same day, at that time we locked in the room and were well on our way. Gina not only ended up being a great venue coordinator for us, who knew everything in and out, from top to bottom with the process, she was so good that she basically felt like our own personal wedding planner. She was able to work with all our vendors and take the stress off our plate. Once we picked who we were working with, we gave them Gina’s information and we didn’t need to worry about anything. Gina was perfect! She allowed us to do a walk-through to get fully comfortable with the layout and was patient with multiple changes by us. She was available to answer any and all of our questions, which we had plenty of. She would also answer very promptly with clear concise answers that were easy to understand. She made sure all parties and all vendors were always on the same page. Everything she told us she was going to do, she did, in fact she went above and beyond in multiple ways. Such as, helping with last minute guest additions, adding chairs and table settings. Coordinating the timing of the meal dealing with multiple wild guests, and making sure our Champagne and special glasses were ready and on time. The night of the event she was in absolute control of everything with the venue, the timing and planning of everything! She was also a tremendous resource to both the bride and groom the entire time! Since our wedding we have received wonderful feedback about the service and the menu. The food was amazing, the timing was perfect, the venue was large enough with plenty of space, the service was outstanding. At the end of everything Gina felt more like a close friend than our event coordinator. We were so lucky to have found Gina and the amazing services of Holiday Inn & Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse.Sent on 04/11/2020
When we plan our next party or event for any reason, we will make sure to use Gina again and the wonderful facilities at the Holiday Inn & Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse.
Josh & Amanda Shillak
P. S. We miss you Gina
Neal · Married on 08/17/2019
High End Venue & Staff without Breaking The Bank
Choosing a place to have your reception is easily one of the most important parts of the wedding because you are going to spend the majority of your day there. That being said, if you are even considering going to the Holiday Inn at Jordan Creek just do yourself a favor and book it already. It's going to be tough to find a place with this great of service, food, location, and amenities at this price point. I could write a novel on everything I liked about our experience here but I will try to be to the point:Sent on 09/17/2019
PLANNING & SET-UP:
- The planning process with this venue was absolutely fantastic and it was solely because of the Head Events Executive Gina. From our first tour to our final payment after the wedding, Gina was so wonderful to work with. She was very flexible with our wants and needs, was very honest and open with everything, and just went above and beyond what we needed. It felt like planning a Wedding with a someone who truly cared that your Wedding would be special, so needless to say Gina was great to work with!
- Part of getting a Venue like this is so you have a staff to take care of things so you do not have to. Gina and her staff did all the set up for us and all the tear down for us. We helped making sure the decorations we brought looked the way we wanted but other than that, the day after the wedding they had everything set aside for us to just load up in the car and be done with everything.
- The Venue location is perfect. It is close to the Jordan Creek Mall, West Glen Bar/Restaurant scene, and only 20 mins from downtown.
- We had 245 people show up to the wedding and it worked perfectly. The Venue provides pretty much everything you need including a raised stage for the head table and nice table wear. The only thing we provided/rented was a backdrop, centerpieces, floral, and then decorations for the desert table, guest book table, and escort card table.
- Really fantastic set up: there is such good flow from the ballroom, to the foyer with cocktail tables where the bar was, to the outdoor patio with chairs/table and a fireplace. Everything was spaced out but yet close enough where all your guests were constantly interacting with each other.
- As far as the hotel: there is free parking (which most downtown doesn't have), low guest rates, and the bride and groom get a free suite for the night - although I would highly recommend upgrading to the "Marilyn Suite" as it is exceptional.
- The Food was one of our most complimented things from the day. Since the hotel has a "Johnny's Steakhouse" in the hotel, the restaurant is the sole provider of all the food for the venue. So it was just fantastic food and really kept the guests happy!
- We were able to do plated dinners because it's actually cheaper than buffet style. Also its worth noting you are getting high level steakhouse quality food at a much cheaper per plate costs than most places we saw downtown. So this was a great value!
- The meal starts with an Italian style salad, every guest gets olive oil to put on a little plate to dip your bread in, and then they bring out food. Also for you Vegetarians out there - they had a lot of great choices. Overall Gina & Chefs were very open to menu changes and any plates we needed to make specialty for the few guests with extreme allergies. They also have kids plated options too.
- For desert you can purchase from them or you can bring in whatever you want and they will help you cut/serve whatever you would like to do!
- They also provide late night snacks which you order in house. Also very delicious and they went fast.
- Finally, the Alcohol options were plentiful. You can order whatever kegs you would like, have house wine, and they have liquor you can provide. It's nice because you can choose to "host" as much or as little beer/wine/liquor as you want, but the bar will still serve the rest at a price. For example: we hosted beer/wine all night but they still had a full range of liquor available for those who wanted to buy that throughout the night.
PRICE & BOTTOM LINE:
- This Venue is going to give you so much you want for a fantastic price. I am saying this realizing that it will still cost you thousands of dollars to host a wedding here. But comparatively it's much cheaper than downtown, cheaper for guests, and offers everything you need in-house unlike venues that just allow you to rent the space.
It may not have the views of downtown or the trendy rustic-ness of a barn wedding, but it will give you one incredibly important thing: a great time for you and your guests. The food is delicious, they have great bar options, and the hotel is accommodating for guests. This place is truly a win-win by being so reasonably priced for everything you get but providing the best guest experience possible. At the end of the day, your wedding will be remembered by the time you had with your spouse and the time your guests had. Your Wedding will certainly never be forgotten after having it at the Holiday Inn at Jordan Creek!
M Miller · Married on 07/27/2019
Outstanding - Above and Beyond!!!
We toured eleven possible venues to host our daughter's wedding, and it was easy to see that Event Coordinator Gina and the Johnny's Holiday Inn and Suite's stood out. Our actual experience at there this past weekend couldn't have been more true! From set up, to communication, to each staff member, to the incredible food, bartenders, servers, and excellence in hosting our MANY out of state guests we can't say enough wonderful things. Family and friends are still talking about how excellent the meal was, how personable the staff was, and how great it was to have the reception and overnight option in the same location. One additional thing we would like to share is that when the bride and bridesmaids came down the elevator to leave for the church it began to pour like you won't believe. Out of nowhere several staff members appeared, took our keys, moved our cars, held umbrellas and dresses, and got everyone loaded safely and dry! It was just outstanding and made any stress disappear! We can honestly say that choosing this venue made a beautiful day for our families even better! Check out Gina and her staff!Sent on 08/01/2019
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek's reply:Hi Michelle! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a blast working with you along the way to make Maddie & Alec's wedding day a success. They are the sweetest! Be sure to come back and visit!
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek Price Rates
Holiday Inn and Johnny's just seem to be the perfect pair for any wedding! We love it when our couples choose this venue as we know things will run smooth and without a hitch. Plus we know the food will be delicious!!!
Great venue, great staff - always a pleasure to work with!