132 S Melrose Ave, Tucson, AZ 85745 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Hans Hutchison DJ & Guitarist

Thanks for considering my services!
I’d like to share a few things that set me distinctly apart from other DJ's...

I'm a musician. I've studied music since I was about 8 years old, it's in my blood! I'm constantly researching music, new and old, and thinking of how these songs can fit into my clients unique visions.

You won't be handed you off to an apprentice to handle your big day. I'm with you from the beginning to the end. I work with you on the timing and organization of the entire evening and I'll be there to handle every detail. And since I don't employ apprentices, I can prioritize quality while keeping costs low.

I utilize crowd management rather than high volume. Tired of hearing a DJ scream on a microphone to get peoples attention? Me too. I use simple and effective techniques to direct your guests so they feel like they're being guided rather than herded.

I value being a team player. I know almost every vendor in town and I love seeing them all because I work WITH them. As your MC (Master of Ceremonies), your DJ is a crucial part of the timing and organization of the entire wedding. Imagine announcing that dinner is ready before the kitchen is ready to serve. Or that it's time for the cake cut while the photographer is busy taking shots of guests outside. Or your first dance being played as you're on the way to the bathroom?? These details are constantly in flux and I never make an announcement that everyone isn't in place for.

I'm a dedicated wedding professional. I grew into this job organically over 16 years of weekend gigs until four years ago when I took the leap and quit my day job to dedicate myself fully to my love of music and creating the perfect atmosphere for weddings.

If you think my thoughtful, custom approach complements your vision I hope to hear from you soon!
Best,

29 Reviews for Hans Hutchison DJ & Guitarist

• Kara

Kara B. · Married on 05/15/2021

So much more than a DJ!

Hans exceeded every expectation. He was highly involved in helping us plan the workflow of the day. He gave us tips and insights that come with his years of experience. I can honestly say if it were not for Hans, the day would have had a lot more chaos. He took time to get to know us, our music preferences, and was very involved throughout the planning process. He showed up very early and made sure everything went smooth. He was punctual, professional, enthusiastic, and a skilled musician. He is worth twice the price quoted. I can not recommend him enough.

Sent on 06/04/2021

Hans Hutchison DJ & Guitarist's reply:

Hi Kara & Tommy! What a sweet review, thank you for acknowledging all that I do. It was an honor to be there with you and your families on such a beautiful day in the gardens! All my best to you both! Hans
  • Lauren

Lauren P. · Married on 05/01/2021

Hans kept the dance floor hopping all night long!

Hans is an excellent DJ and was really great to work with! He perfectly edited a song for the mother-son dance and created a great playlist for both the cocktail hour and reception. During the reception, he did an excellent job at reading the crowd and adjusting the music accordingly, which helped ensure the dance floor was crowded all night long! He even went above-and-beyond his DJ responsibilities to ensure that everything ran smoothly. When we had an issue with our transportation vendor, he offered to drive his personal car to pick-up the wedding guests. We would HIGHLY recommend Hans!

Sent on 05/31/2021

Hans Hutchison DJ & Guitarist's reply:

Hi Lauren & Joe, Thank you for the review!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your wedding :) I loved working with you and your guests, it was a gorgeous sunset that night too. All my best to you guys! Hans

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Hans Hutchison DJ & Guitarist FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1675
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Disco Ball
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1675
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Disco Ball
    Microphones
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 120
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Country
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Uplighting

• 132 S Melrose Ave Tucson, AZ, 85745 See on map
    520-597-0253 (Phone number)
    Location of (Hans Hutchison DJ & Guitarist)