9 White Oak Dr,, Lafayette, CA 94549 Map · Phone number

About Golden Gate Music

Pop, rock, contemporary, and classical strings and more for San Francisco, Wine Country, Silicon Valley, Carmel and beyond. - your personal music designer for glorious weddings.

Welcome to Golden Gate Music, home of the Golden Gate String Quartet, the premier rock and pop string quartet in Northern California, as well as other fine ensembles. With Golden Gate Music, you work directly with the owner from your first inquiry to the last note we play. I am not only a performer in the groups, but also a professional music arranger. Almost anything is possible, from Bach to Death Cab for Cutie, Broadway to Daft Punk, Game of Thrones to Legend of Zelda. Our songlists for each of the groups runs into the hundreds of exclusive arrangements, and I am writing new music arrangements all the time. Have you heard the Vitamin String Quartet? Our clients tell me that they’re nothing compared to the Golden Gate String Quartet! And with Golden Gate Music, you get experience. We have designed and performed music for well over 2,000 events, from intimate backyard weddings to elaborate productions nationwide for celebrities and major corporations for thousands of guests. Our bespoke wedding music is unsurpassed.

Our Yelp reviews show just how much we love our work!

The Golden Gate String Quartet is unique in many ways. One feature consistently surprises and delights our listeners. Imagine your reception guests able to choose from over 100 song titles, just by putting in their request, and hearing their favorite song played just for them.

For nearly a lifetime, I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most extraordinary Bay Area musicians. But it doesn’t stop there. Equally gratifying is getting to know and work with many hundreds of unique and interesting clients over the years. Each brings a vision and a personal sense of style that allows me to translate these qualities into the perfect music for their event.

Every reason to celebrate can be even more special with the right music. Live music can be remarkably affordable. There are no hidden costs with Golden Gate Music. Let your imagination run wild; then give Golden Gate Music a call or email for your free consultation – Su Buchignani, Owner, Golden Gate Music

"Some other string quartets basically said no or laughed at me when I asked. But Su took it in stride, did research into other string quartet versions of this song and came up with an outstanding rendition and for such a reasonable fee. And in my opinion better than all the other versions that I could find online and elsewhere."

Let’s plan some music together! Please call or write for your complimentary consultation with a wedding music specialist.

GOLDEN GATE MUSIC

Manley2
SharonOrinda
lighthouse62
Golden Gate Music
This lovely wedding took place at the Rotunda of the historic San Francisco City Hall.
ManleyQuartet0003

10 Reviews for Golden Gate Music

• Carla

Carla · Married on 02/15/2020

Wonderful!

Su was great to work with. I had so much trouble with our church and the process was a headache. The church kept changing stuff and Su was professional and so helpful the whole time.

Sent on 03/12/2020

Erica · Married on 10/05/2013

I booked Golden Gate Music after they were reccomended by my DJ. Although I never met with Su in person and didnt get to meet Su at the wedding the personalized attention my wedding received was top notch including reccomendations on songs choices. I only got to hear their music during the ceremony but the quartet was the perfect addition to the day. From 80's - Modern music during guests arriving to 20s/30s/40s duringt cocktail hour and a mix for the ceremony I had plenty of song choices to help create the vibe I wanted for my wedding. I just wish I could go back and be a guest to enjoy all of it. Thank you Su and team for being a wonderful addition to my big day.

Sent on 10/09/2013

The Golden Gate Trio, headed up by Su, played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at Beltane Ranch in Sonoma in August 2013. Our wedding was a destination wedding, so I had to plan everything remotely, but Su made the live music part of the planning very easy. She is a pleasure to work with, extremely responsive and you can tell she really knows what she is doing. She made great suggestions for the ceremony songs without being pushy in any way. The trio's repertoire is very large, and spans everything from classical music to recent pop songs. To top it off, they showed up early and perfectly dressed for the occasion. I did not meet Su until the wedding but I never had any stress about her and the trio doing it right, which was a huge relief in the planning process.

Most importantly, this trio the most polished, experienced, professional group of musicians we encountered in our search and were well worth their reasonable price. We listened to quite a few string groups when trying to pick out our live music (some much more experienced than others), and this group easily blew the others out of the water. We actually gave the final decision on the music to a family member who is a band director, and upon listening to recordings from a few groups, he said this quartet/trio was far and away the best.

Overall, I was sorry I did not get to hear more the music because I was busy with pictures and talking, but our guests raved about how beautiful it was and how the trio's selections were perfect for the venue and crowd. While we were getting ready, I did not realize that it was time for the trio to start playing and I actually thought someone had turned on a recording! I would highly recommend Su and her team if you are looking for any kind of live strings at your wedding or event.

Sent on 09/01/2013

Golden Gate Music FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 300.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1240
    Learn New Songs
    Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Acapella
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
    String - Quintet
    Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Flute
    Guitar
    Organ
    Piano
    Trumpet
    Viola
    Violin
  • What services do you provide?
    Learn New Songs
    Music During Breaks
    Rehearsal Dinner Music
    Vocals
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Travel Expenses
  • Which of the following are included in the package?
    Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band?
    Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
    Acoustic
    R&B / Soul
    Rock
    Strings
    Top 40
  • What music services do you provide?
    Instrumentals
    Music During Breaks
    Rehearsal Dinner Music
    Willing to Travel

• Entwine Events Wedding Planners

Su and her musicians were such an asset at my October wedding this year - they were talented, pleasant and most importantly, showed up early and prepared! The music was lovely and super smooth - and everyone commented how great they were. I'd recommend them to any couple looking for a string trio or quartet!

• 9 White Oak Dr, Lafayette, 94549 See on map
    Location of (Golden Gate Music)