This vendor is popular with couples. Start a conversation

Attributes highlighted by couples

Seasoned with weddings
Capturing memories
Pristine quality
Skilled photographer

On WeddingWire since 2023

Gold + Salt Photography is based in Houston, Texas, and focuses on destination wedding photography available to couples all over the globe! Where shall we shoot your wedding?

When you hire Gold + Salt Photography to photograph your wedding, you receive Amberlei as your photographer. With 19 years of photography experience, she has the knowledge and expertise to help your photos tell your love story. With her unique eye for storytelling through photographs and her ability to coach clients, Amberlei helps everyone feel at ease and makes working with her a wonderful experience throughout.

Her style mixes documentary and photojournalism with a splash of editorial to add fine-art options for all wedding packages. To maximize creative control and consistency, Amberlei shoots independently with a three-camera system ensuring your wedding has the work of three photographers for the price of one.

No distance is too far for Amberlei as she is a full-time destination wedding photographer. Even better, her travel cost is already included in her package prices. Please take a look at the website for Gold + Salt Photography and see if our styles match. Amberlei is standing by to book your wedding today!

*** SIMPLE PROCESS ***

1. View Website: www.GoldAndSaltPhotography.com

2. You like? If so, get in touch with Amberlei. From here, you'll have a phone/video chat and secure the details of your big day!

• Veteran-owned
  • Woman-owned

Frequently asked questions

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1,400

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Hand-Coloring
Slideshow
Toning
Proofs

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$3,100

Slideshow
Toning
Albums
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

100% Recommended by couples

J
Jolene M. Sent on 07/14/2023
5 out of 5 rating

I’ll never use anyone else

I can’t recommend Amberlei enough. She shot both my maternity and newborn pictures and honestly if I had met her before hand I would have used her for our wedding. She’s so friendly and professional that I feel like we’ve become friends in a short period of time. Her photos have made me feel so beautiful in times when I didn’t otherwise (very pregnant and newly post-partum). She captured the spirit of our family wonderfully. Not to mention her turn-around time is unheard of! I have no plans to use anyone else for my family’s pictures after meeting her.
Janice
Janice E. Sent on 10/02/2023

Absolutely the BEST!!!!

Amberlei is the absolute best!! Her and her husband went above and beyond our expectations to make our Colorado Elopement Day amazing!!! I would definitely recommend and hire her again!!! 5⭐
Y
Yanly Sent on 06/14/2023

Fun and exciting!

Amberlei is great! She was on time and ready to go! She knows the right angles, lighting and best spots for pictures! If your child isn't in the mood she is the best at making him crack smiles and making it work! I will definitely have her take more family portraits and I can't wait to print the pictures out and put them around the house!
illustration stars

Team

Amberlei Franklin
Amberlei Franklin
Professional Photographer, Founder/CEO

Photography has never been "a job" for me. It has always been a passion. I find each shoot to be a new creative opportunity and am always so grateful for the people I get to meet along the way.

Throughout my 19+ years of shooting, my photography has evolved into what I like to refer to as “grit and grain”. I favor the traditional film look and use my surroundings to best emulate this via digital means. I am an expert in natural lighting techniques and if I had to label my style, it would be a mix of Documentary & Lifestyle.

My images are never forced or posed, I simply coach my clients to lead them into the most stunning of shots possible. I excel at getting natural shots because I shoot when you least expect it and work to keep shoots relaxed and easy going. Your images are my priority and I'm always one step ahead of the timeline to ensure you can enjoy your moment
s with the assured confidence that I've got you covered photography wise.

Let's talk "tech". Although I specialize in natural lighting photography I have flash capabilities and always come prepared. I shoot with full-frame Nikon Z6 systemS (multiple cameras), multiple lenses all ranging from 14mm-250mm, f/1.8 to f/5, with some being prime lenses. My post-edit process is streamlined for expedited photo download so you can share your big news and hang those photos sooner! I am the photographer for you - that I always wanted. Professional, affordable, creative, timely, communicative, and I enjoy the time on each set too.

I'm a proud Military Veteran, mother, and forward-thinking innovator with the professionalism and creativity to be the perfect photographer for your moments. Thank you in advance for considering me and please contact me to discuss how I can help you!

Gold + Salt Photography frequently asked questions

Gold + Salt Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Hand-Coloring
  • Slideshow
  • Toning
  • Proofs
Gold + Salt Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Destination / Travel
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Wedding Portraits
Gold + Salt Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Proofs
Gold + Salt Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.
Gold + Salt Photography currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion and 1 discount promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding