28 Mountain Road, Glen Burnie, MD 21060 · Phone number · Visit website
  • Meet the Team

About Going Places, Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going Places, Inc. is one of the few full-service travel agencies in Maryland able to help you book the perfect destination wedding or honeymoon of your dreams!

With long-term agents who have traveled to many of the destinations we send clients, you are sure to get amazing recommendations to paradise alongside knowledgable and friendly service.

In 1973, John Hicks founded Going Places, Inc., booking travel in Baltimore’s Eastpoint Mall. Today, 47 years later, Emily Hicks now runs the family business to continuously provide dream vacations for customers at Eastpoint Mall and its sister branch in Glen Burnie’s Southdale Shopping Center.

Contact us today to start making your dream destination wedding and honeymoon become a reality!

Follow Going Places, Inc. on
Honeymoon drink
Honeymoon drink
capturecrop 51 1580863 159786312039294
Nicole and Dominique - Jamaica

2 Reviews for Going Places, Inc.

Keshia Fields · Married on 09/20/2020

Going Places Inc.

I have been dealing with this company for 16 years and I love everything about the company and it's employees. They service you with professionalism. They know their job and will help you to get where it is you want to go. If you need a travel agency please reach out to Going Places Inc.

Sent on 10/06/2020

Going Places, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Keshia! We are so lucky to have you as a client all these years. Thank you for booking with us and we are so glad you had a great trip. Happy travelling!

Going Places, Inc. FAQ

• What types of travel do you specialize in?
    Cruises
    Destination Weddings
    Family Trips
    Group Travel / Tours
    Honeymoons
    Luxury Trips
    Romantic Trips
  • What destinations do you specialize in?
    Africa
    North America
    Pacific Islands
    South America
    West Europe
  • What travel services do you provide?
    Travel Insurance

Team of Going Places, Inc.

Emily Hicks

Emily Hicks

Owner

In 1973, my father, John Hicks founded Going Places, Inc., booking travel in Baltimore’s Eastpoint Mall. Eventually, I started working in the travel business as a summer job because my father wanted at least one of his kids in the business - and the summer job just never ended. Today, about 30 years later, I now run the family business to continuously provide dream vacations for our customers.

I take the opportunity to travel at any chance that I get - I have been to 6 continents and just need to visit Antarctica to complete all 7!

My favorite destinations to visit would have to be the Cayman Islands, Africa and Australia. I love booking any kind of trip for clients, especially safari and adventure trips.

I also love to scuba dive, sky dive and hike. I have hiked Machu Picchu, Mount Kilimanjaro, Patagonia and the mountains of Malasia!

Tammy Luhrsen

Tammy Luhrsen

Travel Specialist

I've always loved going to new places.

My family and I traveled a lot when I was growing up -- my parents planned the greatest trips and they are some of my best memories from childhood. By the time I was out of high school, I had been to 38 states and 6 Asian countries.

Travel is something I love to do and thought this profession would be perfect for me. I'm encouraged to see new places and enjoy helping others create experiences that they will always remember.

Susan Bittner

Susan Bittner

Travel Specialist

I am proud to say I have been with Going Places for 46 years!

I started while I was still attending high school at The Institute of Notre Dame. My typing teacher - yes typing was big back then – had gotten a call from Mr. Hicks who asked to send over anyone was interested in a job at the agency for typing invoices and answering the phones. She asked the class who lived near Eastpoint Mall. I raised my hand, not knowing it was about a job. I thought she wanted me to pick up something for her.

After class, she told me about the job. I went for my interview with Mr. John Hicks the next day. This was the best thing I did and I never looked back. I have been happy for 46 years.

I started as a typist and then an agent. I was taught by the best, Mr. John Hicks.

I did not know much about travel when I started. My first trip and flight was to Los Angeles. Then I started to travel more and more and I absolutely feel in love with it.

I have been on 50 cruises, been to almost every Caribbean island, did several escorted Europe trips, and have been to Florida, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Diego, and New Orleans in the states.

The best part of my job are my clients. You really get to know them over the years. They are very special to me and I care about them and their travel.

View team