Going Places, Inc.

Glen Burnie, MD Visit website

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going Places, Inc. is one of the few full-service travel agencies in Maryland able to help you book the perfect destination wedding or honeymoon of your dreams!

With long-term agents who have traveled to many of the destinations we send clients, you are sure to get amazing recommendations to paradise alongside knowledgable and friendly service.

In 1973, John Hicks founded Going Places, Inc., booking travel in Baltimore’s Eastpoint Mall. Today, 47 years later, Emily Hicks now runs the family business to continuously provide dream vacations for customers at Eastpoint Mall and its sister branch in Glen Burnie’s Southdale Shopping Center.

Contact us today to start making your dream destination wedding and honeymoon become a reality!

What types of travel do you specialize in?

Cruises
Destination Weddings
Family Trips
Group Travel / Tours
Honeymoons
Luxury Trips
Romantic Trips

What destinations do you specialize in?

Africa
North America
Pacific Islands
South America
West Europe

What travel services do you provide?

Travel Insurance

Nancy K. Married on 01/22/2021

Best travel agency

I can’t think of any other travel agency I would ever use. Going Places is the best!
    Keshia F. Married on 09/20/2020

Going Places Inc.

I have been dealing with this company for 16 years and I love everything about the company and it's employees. They service you with professionalism. They know their job and will help you to get where it is you want to go. If you need a travel agency please reach out to Going Places Inc.

Going Places, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Keshia! We are so lucky to have you as a client all these years. Thank you for booking with us and we are so glad you had a great trip. Happy travelling!

Team

Emily Hicks
Emily Hicks
Owner

In 1973, my father, John Hicks founded Going Places, Inc., booking travel in Baltimore’s Eastpoint Mall. Eventually, I started working in the travel business as a summer job because my father wanted at least one of his kids in the business - and the summer job just never ended. Today, about 30 years later, I now run the family business to continuously provide dream vacations for our customers.

I take the opportunity to travel at any chance that I get - I have been to 6 continents and just need to visit Antarctica to complete all 7!

My favorite destinations to visit would have to be the Cayman Islands, Africa and Australia. I love booking any kind of trip for clients, especially safari and adventure trips.

I also love to scuba dive, sky dive and hike. I have hiked Machu Picchu, Mount Kilimanjaro, Patagonia and the mountains of Malasia!

Effie Karabelas
Effie Karabelas
Travel Specialist

I joined the travel business because I always wanted to travel. When I was young I wanted to be a Flight Attendant, but then I realized it wasa bit like being a waitress in air. So, a Travel Agent was something more up my field. And I have never looked back since. 35 years in the business and counting!

I have an Associate's Degree in Travel & Tourism from Essex Community College as well as a Business Degree.

I love travelling to the Caribbean, but I would say Europe would be my top favorite for travel personally, and the Caribbean as my favorite to book.

People say I am very patient and thorough. A fun side fact about me: I teach Greek dancing and I love sports!

Susan Bittner
Susan Bittner
Travel Specialist

I am proud to say I have been with Going Places for 46 years!

I started while I was still attending high school at The Institute of Notre Dame. My typing teacher - yes typing was big back then – had gotten a call from Mr. Hicks who asked to send over anyone was interested in a job at the agency for typing invoices and answering the phones. She asked the class who lived near Eastpoint Mall. I raised my hand, not knowing it was about a job. I thought she wanted me to pick up something for her.

After class, she told me about the job. I went for my interview with Mr. John Hicks the next day. This was the best thing I did and I never looked back. I have been happy for 46 years.

I started as a typist and then an agent. I was taught by the best, Mr. John Hicks.

I did not know much about travel when I started. My first trip and flight was to Los Angeles. Then I started to travel more and more and I absolutely feel in love with it.

I have been on 50 cruises, been to almost every Caribbean island, did several escorted Europe trips, and have been to Florida, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Diego, and New Orleans in the states.

The best part of my job are my clients. You really get to know them over the years. They are very special to me and I care about them and their travel.

Other vendors in Baltimore for your wedding