Galt House Hotel

Louisville, KY View map Visit website

Up to 600 guests

The Galt House Hotel is an unforgettable venue that will help you create your Legendary Louisville Wedding. The staff works with you to customize your event, so every detail of the day is perfectly aligned with your tastes and personalities. This classic and elegant location is great for anyone looking to add a city-esque feel to their event.

Facilities and Capacity
With a variety of event spaces, Galt House Hotel is able to host a maximum of 1500 guests. They have indoor venues available (including a ballroom and banquet hall), as well as covered and uncovered outdoor locations, like the riverfront. You can reserve a combination of grand ballrooms A, B, and C for a maximum capacity of 1500 people; a combination of ballrooms A and B for 1160 people; or a combination of B and C for 760 people. Individually, ballrooms A, B, and C can fit 648, 360, and 360 guests (respectively). Other locations include:

• Archibald Cochran Ballroom hosts up to 600 guests and has warm, elegant lighting for beautiful ambiance.
  • The Belvedere hosts up to 500 guests in a beautiful downtown park.

The Galt House Hotel has wireless internet and provides services for bridal showers, ceremonies, engagement parties, and receptions. Couples can choose to include clean up and setup for their events, as well as a bridal suite, cake, event planning, and lighting/sound. Event rentals are also available for a selection of items like chairs, tables, and other furniture. You can also choose:

• Audio equipment
  • Dance floor
  • Decor
  • Drapery
  • Lighting

Other Services
You and your guests have a variety of transportation options available, including parking, shuttle services, and valet services. The Galt House Hotel is also wheelchair accessible. The Galt House Hotel also offers barware, china, chocolate fountain, flatware, glassware, and linens for your event.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$5,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$5,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$2,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Glassware
Linens
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$42

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Banquet Hall
Hotel
Park
Restaurant
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Drapery
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
November
December
  • Sarah
    Sarah V. Married on 09/01/2021

Exceptional, Professional, & Personable

If you are planning your wedding, you have to know how exceptional Katie Curran has been at The Galt House. Katie has gone above and beyond to make sure our day is exactly what we dream of for our wedding and has been very helpful working within our budget. She has wonderful communication, which is one of the most important things for planning a wedding. The Galt House renovations are elegantly modern and the views are the best in the city. The best part, there are so many different options for what you want your wedding to look like. Huge plus here-The Galt House provides so many things that you usually have to rent at most venues. Weddings can be stressful to plan, but Katie has made planning everything such a fun and exciting time. I cannot wait to wake up at The Galt House on our wedding day!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 08/18/2018

Turned out amazing

We chose the Rivue because of the beautiful venue and the view it offered with the convenience of having a hotel attached. In the year we had a contract with the Galt House we had three coordinators which was frustrating and unassuring. Our first coordinator Courtney was amazing, our second coordinator was stressful, and our third coordinator Brooke was amazing! I lived out of town and it became exhausting constantly scheduling time towards reexplaining my vision, going over what had previously been promised and hoping the same would hold true with the next person. The first tasting was a terrible experience as it tasted like my family and I were eating cold day old food and it was not what we had picked out (this occurred during the time of our second coordinator). I was unable to attend the "redo" as I lived out of town but my family said it was a 5 star tasting and that they didn't want to leave (this occurred when our third coordinator was in charge). After we got through the many months of frustration due to administration change everything came together because of one person, Brooke.. Brooke Valentine did an absolutely incredible job taking over and went 100% above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect and stress free. She had a lot to of questions to answer that previous administration did not get around to and she did it all in a timely fashion. She was extremely easy to talk to, very understanding and accommodating. She rein-stilled the confidence and trust that every bride needs in a coordinator. I am so thankful she took over and I will always recommend the Galt House as a wedding venue as long as Brooke is in charge!

Galt House Hotel's reply:

It was a pleasure to be part of your special day, Amanda! Your kind words mean SO much to me and will stay with me forever. Your day was beautiful and I love what I do because of clients like you! Thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you soon! :)
    -Brooke
    Katie Married on 09/19/2015
    The Galt House is my reception location and I cannot wait! The ballroom is spectacular and Courtney/Amber are great to work with. They respond to e-mails in a timely manner and are willing to help accomodate whatever I need to make my dream come true! They are also willing to help keep my budget in line-We are staying there the night of and the bride and groom and parents of the bride get a free room!

Real Weddings

• Sam & Sara
    32 photos · 08/27/2017

Pricing

140 N. Fourth Street Louisville, KY, 40202
502-589-5200
Location of (Galt House Hotel)

Other vendors in Lexington for your wedding

Wedding Venues