A Thorough Fare

Glassworks Building 815 West Market Street, Louisville, KY 40202 Map · Phone number

About A Thorough Fare

A Thorough Fare, established in 1997, is a successful Louisville-based corporation specializing in event planning and management services. Prior to founding A Thorough Fare, Marcie Hancock worked as a corporate event planner for a Fortune 500 company. When the opportunity presented itself, Hancock launched her own event planning business, A Thorough Fare, specializing in weddings and social events.

At A Thorough Fare we believe weddings are as individual and uniquely special as each bride. ATF has more than 30 years of experience designing and orchestrating memorable events.

We take pride in giving our clients 100% of our attention while keeping track of all the details that ensure a well orchestrated event. Our goal is for our couples and their families to relax and enjoy their very special day!

Let us assist in making your day memorable and stress free!

Follow A Thorough Fare on

dsc5454
dsc5465
dsc5472

4 Reviews for A Thorough Fare

Marcie Hancock and A Thorough Fare are exceptional! Marcie makes sure that no detail is overlooked, and that everything is absolutely seamless! Her many years of experience in wedding planning shines through, and you can tell that she truly loves what she does. Make sure to call Marcie for the wedding of your dreams :)

Sent on 10/29/2015

Allison · Married on 10/13/2012

A Thorough Fare is hands-down the reason why my wedding was truly better than the wedding of my dreams!! My expectations were quite high, but Marcie exceeded them in every way. She is immensely talented and always goes above and beyond. Her thoroughness and attention to detail made us always feel like ours was the only wedding she was planning. She has close relationships with all of the best vendors. Everyone that works with her absolutely adores her, which speaks volumes and ensures excellent service. Her knowledge, vision and negotiation skills allowed us to have every detail we imagined (and more!) for our big day. Her resourcefulness and creativity made such a difference in the event creation; from our canoe beer cooler to our monogrammed bourbon-barrel-top that served as our guest book and everything in between – she made every detail special and perfect. She planned everything while keeping my budget in check (which was relatively small, especially considering the amount of people that attended) and made it all work spectacularly. Marcie planned with me and my mother every step of the way for over a year and never lost enthusiasm or patience (and there were plenty of times we required lots of patience). Marcie came to every single vendor meeting with me, often arriving early and staying late to figure out the details. She even traveled to a different state with me, my mother and sister to find my dream dress AND negotiated the price down to fit my budget. Potentially major issues arose on our big day, but we didn't know about a single one until long afterwards because Marcie handles anything and everything seamlessly. As a result, we were able to completely relax and enjoy our entire wedding weekend! In short, I am extremely grateful to have found Marcie through a friend's recommendation. She is not only the greatest planner ever, but now also a dear friend.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Patti · Married on 12/17/2005

Best decision we ever made! The months leading up to my daughters' wedding and the wedding itself were as stress free as possible. We, as parents, were able to enjoy all the festivities fully while Marci took care of every detail! Marci also took care of all the rehearsal dinner planning for my son's wedding in 2010. I highly recommend her services for any event and will enlist her services again if my youngest son ever decides to get married!

Sent on 10/30/2014

A Thorough Fare FAQ

• What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 3613
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 6,409.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Glassworks Building, 815 West Market Street Louisville, 40202 See on map