First Day Films

P.O. Box 405, Northport, NY 10001 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 30
  • Pricing

About First Day Films

"I'm not sure that I want a videographer at my wedding."

Prospective clients tell us this quite often. Over time, people have come to expect the videgrapher to be a major distraction during the most important day of their lives. But when we shoot a wedding, our first priority is to remain as unobtrusive as possible. In fact, many of our clients have told us that they didn't even realize that we were there.

We bring a background in documentary filmmaking to every project. Simply put, we focus on capturing your event precisely as it happens. Our finished films are simple and elegant. They contain no special effects, no glitter, no "cheesy" animations. We want to capture you and your guests naturally. We do not interrupt anyone with spotlights or requests for interviews. In the end, we want you to be able to revisit your wedding day for years to come.

Take a moment to read a bit about us and our acclaimed style of wedding videography. And please feel free to contact us anytime with any questions or concerns you might have.

Follow First Day Films on

36 Reviews for First Day Films

• Victoria

Victoria · Married on 12/07/2018

Amazing!!!

My husband and I used John and his team for our 12/07/18 wedding and could not be happier!!!

For the 2+ years leading up to my wedding, I was certain I did not want a videographer after seeing so many weddings with obstructive, awkward, and super posed videos… but after realizing that the most common wedding regret is not having a video, my husband and I had a change of heart. When our photographer recommended First Day Films, I immediately called up and booked John, and I am so glad we did!

Leading up to the wedding, John met with my husband and I in person and had us answer some questions to get to know us better, which I loved because it completely translates in his work - everything feels truly personalized. The day of the wedding, John and his assistant showed up on time and immediately began filming without us even noticing. Whether we were at the church, taking pictures outside, or celebrating at our reception, John was there every step of the way capturing every moment without disruption. The tagline for First Day Films is “Relax. Enjoy yourself. You won’t know we’re there.” and I cannot express how true this is!! Looking back at my wedding reception, I don’t even remember seeing John except for when I said goodbye at the end – HE’S THAT GOOD.

Within days of our wedding John had already posted an amazing one-minute highlight video to social media, which all our family and friends could not stop raving about! The quality of John’s work is unbelievably natural, clean, simple, and elegant, without any of the obviously cheesy and staged videos you so often see! He has the amazing ability to so clearly capture genuine, special moments without anything seeming fake or rehearsed.

I am so thankful that we hired First Day Films, and that we will always have our video to look back on to relive the best day of our lives!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/03/2018

Amamzing!

My husband Brian and i could not have been happier with First Day Films. Working with John and first day films was amazing!! John created the best trailer for us and really helped us relive the best day! We are beyond excited to see how amazing our finished product will be!

Sent on 12/02/2018

First Day Films Pricing

First Day Films Price Rates

First Day Films FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding videography services? $ 3,950.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,450.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations
  • What videography services do you offer? Add'l Hours, Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Raw Footage
  • What final video formats do you offer? Digital Download, DVD, USB Flash Drive, USB Hard Drive

• Sarma & Co. Photography
    Sarma & Co. Photography Wedding Photographers

John is always a pleasure to work with. I never hesitate to recommend First Day Films to my clients. He is very friendly and works in a very unobtrusive manner all the while capturing all the special moments without you knowing he's there. If you are unsure about having a videographer at your wedding, you'll change your mind once you meet John and see his work. Sarma Ozols Sarma & Co. Photography

• RFB Photo
    RFB Photo Wedding Photographers

Consistently great to work with, and clients love him.

• Jennifer Davis Photography LLC
    Jennifer Davis Photography LLC Wedding Photographers

I can't say enough good things about John Miller Videography. He is the first on my list of recommended Videographers. He approaches the day unobtrusively and is able to catch every moment while it unfolds which allows me as a photographer to do the same. His final product is clean, natural, and absolutely stunning!

• P.O. Box 405 Northport, NY, 10001 See on map