Northport, NY 11768 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,450
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 1

About First Day Films

"I'm not sure that I want a videographer at my wedding."

Prospective clients tell us this quite often. Over time, people have come to expect the videgrapher to be a major distraction during the most important day of their lives. But when we shoot a wedding, our first priority is to remain as unobtrusive as possible. In fact, many of our clients have told us that they didn't even realize that we were there.

We bring a background in documentary filmmaking to every project. Simply put, we focus on capturing your event precisely as it happens. Our finished films are simple and elegant. They contain no special effects, no glitter, no "cheesy" animations. We want to capture you and your guests naturally. We do not interrupt anyone with spotlights or requests for interviews. In the end, we want you to be able to revisit your wedding day for years to come.

Take a moment to read a bit about us and our acclaimed style of wedding videography. And please feel free to contact us anytime with any questions or concerns you might have.

Follow First Day Films on

• Videos 1

30 Reviews for First Day Films

Jillian · Married on 05/19/2018

I can’t say enough great things about John. We weren’t going to hire a videographer but I didn’t want to regret that so when I decided to look for one I immediately started with getting a reference from our photographer. We had grown super close with her (Sarma and Co.) so we trusted her judgement. The second I saw John’s work I knew why. His style was exactly what we were looking for and after speaking with him I knew he was super talented. He sent us tons of links to get a feel for his style and answered my millions of questions. You can tell his quality of video is so professional, crisp and clear, and emotional. I’ve seen some cheesy wedding videos and you will not get that here. We got happy tears from one of his videos of strangers to us when we were checking out his work!

At the wedding once we got used to being filmed it was easy to forget John and Jimmy the second shooter were there since they were so unobtrusive. John was super helpful in the week leading up to the wedding in planning for rain too. It did rain and we had to work around it. I especially appreciated his attention to detail with our umbrella. After shooting for a short period he thought to cut the thing that holds the umbrella together which I would have never thought of. So smart so it’s not dangling and looking odd.

We haven’t seen the footage yet but I know it will be great. They posted our little 1 minute teaser online and it’s so amazing. We keep rewatching it and can’t wait to receive everything else!

I highly recommend First Day Films!

Emily · Married on 08/26/2017

Working with John was such a pleasure from start to finish, I feel so lucky that he filmed our wedding day. I watched SO many wedding videos and fell in love with his style. He sat on the phone with me and my husband for probably an hour going over his style and how he works as a vendor and talked about what we were looking for so we knew it was going to be a good match. A few months before the wedding he sent over a questionnaire to go over timeline and to get a feel for what was important for us to catch on video. This makes a huge difference on the day of the wedding. John was discrete but assertive, making sure he go good shots without being overwhelming. He respected our Rabbi and our wishes for him to get shots from the sides during the ceremony. Two days after the wedding he had created a brilliant 1 minute clip of the wedding. It was amazing how he pieced it together, I have watched it hundreds of times already. I can't wait for the full thing! I cannot recommend John highly enough.

Amy · Married on 06/04/2017

I cannot say enough good things about John and his team at First Day Films. I watched almost every video on FDF's Vimeo page, and I fell in love with each one. I still stalk their page for new videos. I never felt like I had a camera in my face, but somehow John and his team were everywhere. A week after the wedding, we received a beautiful trailer/sneak peek of our video. I can't wait to see the whole thing!!

First Day Films FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding videography services? $ 3,950.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,450.00
  • What videography services do you offer? Add'l Hours, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Raw Footage, Slideshow / Montage

• Sarma & Co. Photography
    Sarma & Co. Photography Wedding Photographers

John is always a pleasure to work with. I never hesitate to recommend First Day Films to my clients. He is very friendly and works in a very unobtrusive manner all the while capturing all the special moments without you knowing he's there. If you are unsure about having a videographer at your wedding, you'll change your mind once you meet John and see his work. Sarma Ozols Sarma & Co. Photography

• RFB Photo
    RFB Photo Wedding Photographers

Consistently great to work with, and clients love him.

• Jennifer Davis Photography LLC
    Jennifer Davis Photography LLC Wedding Photographers

I can't say enough good things about John Miller Videography. He is the first on my list of recommended Videographers. He approaches the day unobtrusively and is able to catch every moment while it unfolds which allows me as a photographer to do the same. His final product is clean, natural, and absolutely stunning!

• Northport, NY 11768 See on map