Nearby Vendors to Consider

About First Day Films

Life is a story...and we're going to tell it
"I'm not sure that I want a videographer at my wedding."

Prospective clients tell me this quite often. Over time, people have come to expect the videgrapher to be a major distraction during the most important day of their lives. But when I shoot a wedding, my first priority is to remain as unobtrusive as possible. In fact, many of my clients have told me that they didn't even realize that I was there.

I bring a background in documentary filmmaking to every project. Simply put, I focus on capturing your event exactly as it happens. My finished videos are simple and elegant. They contain no special effects, no glitter, no "cheesy" animations. I want to capture you and your guests naturally. I do not interrupt anyone with spotlights or requests for interviews. In the end, I want you to be able to revisit your wedding day for years to come.

Take a moment to read a bit about me and my acclaimed style of wedding videography. And please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions or concerns you might have.

Categories: Wedding Videographer

Raw Footage (2)
DVD (2)
Storytelling (1)
Documentary (1)

Working with John was such a pleasure from start to finish, I feel so lucky that he filmed our wedding day. I watched SO many wedding videos and fell in love with his style. He sat on the phone with me and my husband for probably an hour going over his style and how he works as a vendor and talked about what we were looking for so we knew it was going to be a good match. A few months before the wedding he sent over a questionnaire to go over timeline and to get a feel for what was important for us to catch on video. This makes a huge difference on the day of the wedding. John was discrete but assertive, making sure he go good shots without being overwhelming. He respected our Rabbi and our wishes for him to get shots from the sides during the ceremony. Two days after the wedding he had created a brilliant 1 minute clip of the wedding. It was amazing how he pieced it together, I have watched it hundreds of times already. I can't wait for the full thing! I cannot recommend John highly enough.

Profile Picture Emily , 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: DVD, Multi. Cameras, Highlight Video, Documentary

I cannot say enough good things about John and his team at First Day Films. I watched almost every video on FDF's Vimeo page, and I fell in love with each one. I still stalk their page for new videos. I never felt like I had a camera in my face, but somehow John and his team were everywhere. A week after the wedding, we received a beautiful trailer/sneak peek of our video. I can't wait to see the whole thing!!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/4/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Multi. Cameras, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance

John was really helpful in guiding us through the videography process from start to finish. He is professional and made us feel very comfortable on our wedding day. We are so happy with the final highlight video John created. It truly captures some of the best moments of our wedding day – edited perfectly, and we’ve received a ton of positive feedback from our friends and family which is the best compliment.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Raw Footage, Multi. Cameras, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance

First Day Films Pricing

Videos

0 Photos

1 VIDEO

4 ENDORSEMENTS
John is always a pleasure to work with. I never hesitate to recommend First Day Films to my clients. He is very friendly and works in a very unobtrusive manner all the while capturing all the special moments without you knowing he's there. If you are unsure about having a videographer at your wedding, you'll change your mind once you meet John and see his work. Sarma Ozols Sarma & Co. Photography

Consistently great to work with, and clients love him.

I can't say enough good things about John Miller Videography. He is the first on my list of recommended Videographers. He approaches the day unobtrusively and is able to catch every moment while it unfolds which allows me as a photographer to do the same. His final product is clean, natural, and absolutely stunning!

I had the pleasure of working with John from John Miller Videography for a wedding held this past November at the Roosevelt Hotel in NYC. Not only is John very easy to work with, he also truly goes above and beyond for his clients to ensure he doesn't miss a beat! He came onsite much earlier than expected of him to scope out the ceremony setup since he knew we had the bridal party making entrances from all different locations into the room. He was also very unobtrusive and was conscientious about using minimal lighting so as not to affect the ambiance. If you're seeking someone who takes pride in his work and someone you can rely on to go the extra mile, it's John! John- Jessica and I really enjoyed working with you and you made a lasting positive impression on us here at NY Engagements, LLC. Hope to work with you again soon! Best, Sarah Lusardi Wedding planner and designer

Northport, NY 11768   See On Map