29 Reviews for First Day Films

DVD (2)
Storytelling (1)
Documentary (1)
29 First Day Films Reviews

Working with John was such a pleasure from start to finish, I feel so lucky that he filmed our wedding day. I watched SO many wedding videos and fell in love with his style. He sat on the phone with me and my husband for probably an hour going over his style and how he works as a vendor and talked about what we were looking for so we knew it was going to be a good match. A few months before the wedding he sent over a questionnaire to go over timeline and to get a feel for what was important for us to catch on video. This makes a huge difference on the day of the wedding. John was discrete but assertive, making sure he go good shots without being overwhelming. He respected our Rabbi and our wishes for him to get shots from the sides during the ceremony. Two days after the wedding he had created a brilliant 1 minute clip of the wedding. It was amazing how he pieced it together, I have watched it hundreds of times already. I can't wait for the full thing! I cannot recommend John highly enough.

Profile Picture Emily , 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: DVD, Multi. Cameras, Highlight Video, Documentary

I cannot say enough good things about John and his team at First Day Films. I watched almost every video on FDF's Vimeo page, and I fell in love with each one. I still stalk their page for new videos. I never felt like I had a camera in my face, but somehow John and his team were everywhere. A week after the wedding, we received a beautiful trailer/sneak peek of our video. I can't wait to see the whole thing!!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/4/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Multi. Cameras, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance

John was really helpful in guiding us through the videography process from start to finish. He is professional and made us feel very comfortable on our wedding day. We are so happy with the final highlight video John created. It truly captures some of the best moments of our wedding day – edited perfectly, and we’ve received a ton of positive feedback from our friends and family which is the best compliment.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Raw Footage, Multi. Cameras, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance

When searching for any type of wedding vendor, details like great quality, service, and value are of course important and First Day Films satisfies all of these requirements. What made them truly stand out, however, was the feeling that John Miller and his staff were truly invested in helping to make our wedding day an unforgettable experience, making sure to be close by to capture every moment while still remaining behind the scenes. They were an absolute pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture User7713793, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

My husband and I could not have been happier with the quality and service of First Day Films. When I initially called First Day Films months prior to the wedding, I remember John taking the time to speak to me for over forty five minutes on the phone- describing his videography style, details, etc.- his passion for what he does was clearly evident and contagious! Leading up to our Summer wedding, John met with us a few times and we discussed expectations in detail- the process was seamless and we truly felt as though we were in the absolute best hands imaginable. The day of the wedding (and every meeting and phone call leading up to then), we were truly impressed by the highest level of professionalism, reassurance, talent, quality, relatability, and unobtrusive nature of the First Day Films team! Shortly following the wedding, John even shared a sneak peek clip of our day (through Instagram) for our family/friends to view! Fast forward just a quick few months and my husband and I cried watching our highlight film last week, along with all other footage (especially our vows). John exceeded our expectations and his attention to detail with our requests was so much appreciated- we absolutely can't wait to stop by and thank him in person next week! First Day Films has to be your first and last stop while you're browsing for a videographer team- they are not just exceptional people, but produce exceptional work. First Day Films- we are so thankful and appreciative- writing this review has been such a pleasure and we wish we could get married again just to have another film from you! -Iva and Matt

Profile Picture User7075801, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

John is wonderful to work with! I didn't even know that he was around. He is very professional and knows what he is doing. I can't wait to see our wedding video!

Profile Picture Tina, 7/10/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Raw Footage, Multi. Cameras, Highlight Video, DVD, Storytelling

We've watched our video a few times and absolutely LOVE it! We can't get over how wonderful it is. Really. It is beyond our expectations and such an amazing compilation of the night. It captures everything so wonderfully -- we love the feature, and we really appreciate having the parts of the wedding broken down so we can watch individual sections when we want! We still watch the highlight video all the time too, and friends and family have said how much they love it also.

John and his assistant were super accommodating and great on the day of--they captured everything, but they were never intrusive! John was also wonderful about working with us on the music, as that was very important to us. The music turned out perfect, both on the highlight video as well as on the feature, and we so appreciated his time and effort to make it as perfect for us as possible. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture User5296371, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I knew I would give First Day Films 5 stars before we received our video, and now that I saw it, I wish we could give them more! John is so kind, fun, easy to work with and extremely talented. So many people told me after the wedding that they didn't even notice that his team was filming - there were no bright lights or huge cameras in anyone's face. I couldn't be happier with the experience and finished product, and recommend First Day Films to all - THANK YOU, JOHN!

Profile Picture Jess, 10/11/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Videography

After having the wedding of a lifetime, my husband and I were anxious to relive that special day through the eyes of our family and friends. Once we saw our recap video (not even the whole video) we were beyond thrilled. John Miller was incredibly easy to work with and made the whole experience easy - as it should be! John and his team were extremely professional and when our wedding photos came back, we were unfortunately disappointed. John and his team did all they could to help recreate the special moments and memories that were missed in our still photos. My father and I practiced our father - daughter dance for over two months (it was a tap dance - and neither of us tap!) and it was captured beautifully! It is that extra special memory from the weekend that will always hold a special place in my heart and something that will be treasured forever! Words cannot describe how truly happy we were with the results and I think this email I sent to John sums up my initial response and gratitude for his work on our magical day.

Hi John,

WOW!!! Thank you so much for creating such a beautiful and magical memory for us to always be able to look back on. Eric and I watched (over and over again) the video and I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We couldn't have been happier with how it turned out and my parents are in love with it too! And thank you again for sending me our father daughter dance. It was such a special thing for my dad and I to do and so happy we were able to relive it together.

Thank you so much again!!!

Best,
Amy

Profile Picture Amy, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

John and his assistant are amazing to work with. I never once felt awkward being filmed like I thought I would. John is funny and easy going, so it's like hanging out with a friend. It made it even better than he is friendly with our photographer, so they worked seamlessly together. John's work is incredible and worth every penny. Having a video provides an opportunity to see the event years from now and remember what a blast it was.

Profile Picture Leigh, 11/10/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Videography

Loved working with John for our September 1st 2013 wedding! He indulged my need for a video and my groom feel at ease when he was reluctant to a videographer in the first place.

He was kind enough to squeeze us in at the last minute and i couldn't be happier! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Profile Picture Jess, 9/1/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

My husband and I were married on May 31, 2013 and thanks to John and his team at First Day Films, the most memorable day of our lives was captured on film...beautifully! We highly recommend First Day Films, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/31/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

It was a pleasure working with John from First Day Films. My husband and I were impressed by the quality of his videos and he was very amenable to working with us regarding our budget and expectations.

The true joy was being able to share the videos with family members who weren't able to attend the wedding. First Day Films took music recommendations into consideration and created a natural and well-paced film, including a highlight.

John is very easy going and I remember all of us joking around as we were getting ready for the big day. It definitely helped during the more emotional moments!

Profile Picture Nao, 4/27/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Videography

I loved the videos I saw from First Day Films from the second I visited the website. I was hooked and needed to hire John, to film my wedding. Our initial meeting was awesome - he's so cool, really seems excited and passionate about his work and about getting to know the couples, and I instantly knew he would create an amazing film for us. We haven't seen it yet, but on our wedding day, John was great. I knew he was there, but we didn't really notice him (which is kind of the point) - he didn't get in the way of the guests dancing and there was no giant video recorder over his shoulder with a blinding light - everything was really subtle which I appreciated so much. I'm probably most excited to see the outcome of our film than anything else, but based on his previous work I'm sure it will be unbelievable! Once anyone views his site for examples of his work, I know they'll be hooked just like me!

Profile Picture Doreen, 4/29/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Videography

We watched the entire Noa & Warren DVD ( with a big tub of popcorn) and loved every moment. It was like being back at the wedding all over again & we thank you for capturing a very special day for all of us. The music is wonderful & everyone who see it says it is the BEST WEDDING VIDEO ever. I think so!
So once again thanks for all your special work and we love how it turned out.

Profile Picture Frances, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

John did an AMAZING job on my daughter's wedding. He captured every moment of one of the most important days in my life. He was so professional that half the time, I didn't remember he was there. But watching the video showed just how much care he took to capture every moment. We are THRILLED with the finished product. I will recommend him to everyone I know. Thank you, John, for an incredible job!

Profile Picture Mercedes, 6/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We absolutely love John Miller Videography! (His company is now called FIRST DAY FILMS) We weren't sure if we wanted to have a video, we were trying to save money, but it was so worth it, I can't imagine not having video of our wedding day. John was such a pleasure to work with. He gave us personal attention and got to know us as a couple so that he could really document our story. He was also very flexible (we often had to reschedule things and he was so great about it). His style is so honest and beautiful, documentary style, nothing like the old school wedding videos. Also, the day of our wedding he was so helpful, he really went above and beyond. I can tell that he cares about each couple he works with.

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/5/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

John is an amazing videographer, and we are so happy with the finished product. We were originally on the fence about hiring a videographer - most wedding videos just seem so cheesy, but we decided to go with John based on his personality and the videos he showed us that were decidedly not cheesy. He was also very flexible - we had let him know how much we were looking to pay (which was less than his standard package), and he adjusted his package very easily (instead of having an assistant, it was just him, which reduced the price to fall within our budget). He also allowed us to save a small portion of the balance to be paid once the videos were ready, which I think makes sense when you're waiting on a finished product.

Throughout the day, you hardly even knew he was around (which was a good thing) - completely unobtrusive - no big lights in your face. He showed up earlier than he said, so that he could get some shots of me getting ready with the bridesmaids, which was really nice. He is honestly a pleasure to work with.

And now that we've received the finished product, I can unequivocally say that I highly recommend John and First Day Films as a wedding videographer. He initially sent us the wedding day recap before we received the full video, which was amazing. It's like a movie trailer - it captured all of the greatest moments of the entire day in a 3 minute music video - I think I watch this thing at least 1x every few days, and it makes me so happy. And then the actual full video is a great documentary of the best day of my life. It just captures everything that we loved about the day - the entire ceremony, the best man/matron of honor speeches, cutting the cake, bridal party photos, getting ready, special dances... And to reiterate - no cheesy interviews. It allows us to relive the whole day and experience the fun and energy of the reception.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/4/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

I was one of those brides that said, "I don't need a videographer." Thank goodness someone talked sense into me. John was the first and only phone call that I made. John has a serious knack for the craft of videography and story telling. Saying that what John produced was a "video of our wedding" would be an understatement and disservice. John produced a documentary that captured the story and essence of our day in a way that was so personal and depicted who my husband and I are as a couple.

Profile Picture Kate, 4/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

John is amazing! From the very first time we met (he came to our house) I knew that we would be getting a quality and profressional service. Anytime I contacted John he got back to me promptly and was so helpful throughout the process. The day of the wedding we didn't even know he was there! He was not in our faces at all, which is something we were concerned about. He catupred every detail of the day beautifuly and did not leave anything out. Everything about the finished product was amazing, the shots, the real audio he used, the background music, and especially the 'recap' of the day at the end. I would highly recommend John to anyone I ever know in my life that gets married!

Profile Picture Emilie, 8/14/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

John was great! He was so great and kept us smiling all night. He showed us a bit of the footage and I know that our video will be wonderful! I will update when we get our video, but I'm sure it will be amazinggggg!!

Profile Picture sam, 7/17/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

My husband and I could not be happier with how our wedding video turned out! John captured all of the key moments of our wedding and did such an amazing job editing it! In addition to using some of our favorite songs in the background, I loved how he incorporated parts the pastor's sermon, special song by my brother-in-law, and the maid of honor and best man speeches throughout the video too. It is so much fun to watch! We had another reception planned in Korea 2 1/2 months after the wedding and he was able to turn the video around to us so that we could show our relatives! This was one of the best decisions we made!! Thank you so much John and it was a pleasure working with you!

Profile Picture Yookyung, 6/12/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

John Miller was amazing!! My husband and I have watched our wedding video over and over and just love it every time. John has a great eye and knows how to capture the spirit of the event. He was also easy to work with, responsive, professional, and prompt with his finished work. I would recommend him to everybody!!

Profile Picture Tamara, 5/30/10, 1 Review
Category: Videography

John was extremely easy to work with and did a great job capturing our wedding day without interfering at all during the action. He produced an excellent video that we have enjoyed watching to the fullest extent. I highly recommend him and his work.

Profile Picture Julie, 5/22/10, 1 Review
Category: Videography

From the moment that I spoke to John on the phone...even before we met in person...I knew that I had found the person to film our wedding! I was so eager to meet him and if I am being honest...I think that my husband and I sat with him for only 5 minutes before we were ready to sign the contract! He is so talented and that was quite evident from all of the video samples he brought us to watch. To me, the person you choose to film your wedding, is the person that is going to be there for the most intimate moments of your wedding day. It was very important to both my husband and I that we felt comfortable with our videographer so that we could feel like ourselves when we were being filmed. John Miller is that person!! He is talented, professional, organized, and responds to your questions via email/phone in record time! Trust me that is VERY important during the craziness of wedding planning! AND he is the NICEST guy!!!! He was such a pleasure to work with during our wedding planning....the day of the wedding....and post wedding. As we knew if would be, our finished product was just perfect! John captured every special moment and detail of the best day of our lives! We will treasure our memories of our wedding day for a lifetime and we will be eternally grateful to John Miller for capturing it all on film.
Allison & Jordan Kreisler