Fat Rabbit Cakes

Richmond, VA View map

Fat Rabbit is FULLY BOOKED for 2021. If you have already inquired, we will do our best to accomodate you!

Fat Rabbit Cakes is a wedding cake company based out of Annapolis, MD. Professional baker Ellyn strives to create customized cakes that are bursting with taste for wedding celebrations. She fuses eye-catching, artistic designs with fresh and abundant flavors that are sure to leave a memorable impression on guests and loved ones.

Along with renowned wedding cakes, Fat Rabbit Cakes produces delectable pies and cookies. Ellyn can create dessert displays for celebratory receptions. Couples can enjoy a tasting and consultation to ascertain their choice of cakery. You can select up to five flavors for sampling, and Ellyn welcomes ideas on flavors, artistry, and colors. She is happy to personalize every aspect of the process to ensure that to-be-weds are delighted with the end result. For this cake artist, knowing that her work will be admired at the reception by newlyweds and guests is literally the icing on the cake.

• Woman-owned

$5

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Anniversary Cake
Top Tier of the Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2.08

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Set Up

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit

Are you licensed by the state health department?

illustration question

4.8 out of 5 rating
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Ashley D. Married on 05/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely phenomenal, the best cakes in Richmond by far!

Ellyn is absolutely the best person to work with, and her cakes are amazing! We tried pretty much every one of the huge wedding cake bakers in Richmond, and Fat Rabbit blew them all completely out of the water. The flavors are thoughtfully put together, creative, and balanced, and the presentation is always stunning! Since we did our cake tasting we have ordered from Fat Rabbit multiple times -- pretty much any opportunity we can get. We are making excuses to buy these cakes at this point! Ellyn herself is so sweet and very professional, and was totally willing to come up with some unique flavor combinations for us and to work within our budget. We ended up doing three small cakes for the wedding and they were stunning and delicious. I had multiple people pull me aside on my wedding day to ask where they were from!! Even if you can't get Fat Rabbit for your wedding, you NEED to get a cake from Ellyn for your next special event!
    Janel A. Married on 05/21/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I absolutely loved my wedding cake

Ellyn made my wedding cake dreams come true! My cake was aesthetically elegant and just how I requested, but even better it tasted amazing. It doesn’t get better than that “home cooking” taste. You can tell though out the whole process that Ellyn loves what she does! Very easy to work with and offered a variety of flavors to sample before you select.
    Taylor Married on 05/15/2021

Everything was amazing!

Ellyn was super helpful in the planning process and so flexible when we needed to make some covid-related changes. The cakes she made were delicious and beautiful. It actually worked out that one of my cakes had been left at the bakery - Ellyn worked with my planner to get it delivered in time for the cutting and none of us were the wiser until after the reception had ended, so while accidents can happen to anyone I would say Ellyn did an amazing job handling it and saving the day.

Fat Rabbit Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the kind review, Taylor! I so loved working with you for your gorgeous big day, and appreciate all the understanding and flexibility! Wishing you and your new husband all the best.
  • illustration stars

• John & Paige
    32 photos · 11/07/2020

Pricing

Richmond, Virginia Richmond, VA, 23230
Location of (Fat Rabbit Cakes)
Annapolis, Maryland Annapolis, MD, 21401

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding