On WeddingWire since 2017

Events by Merida is a wedding planning company that operates in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. They have been designing and planning weddings throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond for over 6 years, and events around the country for 12. The couple should be at the heart of every wedding- your cultures, your hobbies, and the love you have for one another. We love creating unique celebrations that represent who you are as a couple- and we love to have fun with it!

Events by Merida offers an array of services to meet every one of your needs, whether you require a full-service wedding planning package or just need some assistance on your actual wedding day with day-of coordination. Their main goal is to create a joyful wedding celebration that is special to you. With the help of Events by Merida, you will have breathtaking lifelong memories, from the moment you walk down the aisle to your grand exit after your reception. Some of the planning services offered include:

• Budget analysis
  • Day-of coordination
  • LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

Frequently asked questions

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,700

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,700

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$5,200

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$150

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Full Planning
Partial Planning

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2024 Winner
84% Recommended by couples

Review summary

Powered by AI

Merida and her team at Events by Merida received glowing reviews from multiple couples for their exceptional wedding planning services. The reviewers praised Merida for her professionalism, guidance, and attention to detail throughout the planning process. Merida's ability to execute the couples' unique visions and provide personalized vendor recommendations was highly appreciated. On the wedding day, Merida and her team ensured a seamless and stress-free experience for the couples and their guests. Overall, the reviewers highly recommended Events by Merida for their outstanding service and making their wedding dreams come true.

Review summary

Powered by AI

Matthew
Matthew M. Sent on 10/12/2020

Top Marks for a Professional Planner

Planning a wedding is challenging under the best of circumstances. During a pandemic, it was among the most challenging logistical and emotional hurdles my wife and I have ever encountered. This is why we are endlessly thankful to Merida and her team for all that they did for us. Merida was professional, thorough, responsive, creative, and personable. She helped guide us through some very awkward moments and handled the intricacies of working during a public health crisis with grace. She oversaw everything from our switch of venue, the reduction of our guest list, the procurement of vendors, and the overall flow and details of the day itself. Merida ensured that what we needed was done, full stop.

We are located in northern NJ and Merida’s location did not once impact her ability to meet with vendors or chat with us. She was exactly what we needed and my wife and I believe that she is one of the main reasons our event occurred as planned. We fully recommend her for your event. -Matt and Christina, married 8-28-2020
Y
Y B Sent on 04/14/2024
5 out of 5 rating

Merida saved my husband's sanity.

This is barely an exaggeration, I don't know how we could have crawled across the finish line without her.

When my husband suggested we hire a wedding planner, I was a bit dubious - he's already so great at planning things and it seemed like an unnecessary expense. How wrong I was.

Merida is truly exceptional. Her knowledge of all the vagaries a wedding can present saved us endless headaches. She's always ready with a simple explanation or a hilarious anecdote whenever a bugbear rears its ugly head.

Merida cares about your event. I can't explain how gratifying and relieving it is to see her get irritated with a vendor on your behalf and set her jaw as she fixes the problem for you.

Merida will video chat with you periodically for status updates. She will reliably suggest alternatives if a plan isn't coming together. She will go to a venue with you to ask and answer the jargon-filled questions with an ease that can only come from experience. There's no room for hesitation and you won't wonder if you're being exploited with Merida at your side.

Merida is cool. She helped me figure out a side surprise to spring on my husband and she did it gladly. If you - like me - feel like you're constantly in over your head with this sort of thing, you'll be happy to know she can provide a starting point so you can get your bearings.

Merida and her assistants do not mess around when it's go-time. You will be kept on schedule gently but firmly, you will have access to the kit of everything-and-anything-you-might need. You will have a no-BS advocate who knows when to make a call for you to minimize your stress and when to consult you.

Merida is compassionate. Part of the reason my husband picked her is because she's LGBTQ-friendly. When you're queer, it can feel like you're always walking on eggshells and ready to flinch at any point just trying to live your life with dignity and happiness; my husband knew this event would be an enormous undertaking and knew he would likely face more misery if he braved it alone.

Merida was a lifeline. She is sensitive, well-connected, and fiercely dedicated. She made our wedding feel every bit as magical and joyful as we deserved, and we can never thank her enough.

Merida is worth it. Do yourself a favor and hire her. You won't regret it.
Nickki
Nickki D. Sent on 12/30/2023
5 out of 5 rating

Two words about Events by Merida: HIRE THEM.

Services we utilized EBM for:
Full Planning, inclusive of day of services.
Venues: St. John The Baptist, Manayunk; Lark

My husband and I had attempted to plan our wedding on our own and within one week of struggling for transparency with venues to see if they'd even fit into our budget, he had suggested maybe we hire a planner. I crowdsourced for recommendations to friends on Facebook and one suggested Events by Merida. We had 1 call with Merida and - to quote Stepbrothers "Did we just become best friends? Yep!". My husband said, "Hire her." within minutes of hanging up the Zoom. The connection and comfortability with Merida was immediate and lasting. It's easy to talk to Merida and build trust. She truly wants the best for you and your partner. That she is selective in whom she works with and how many weddings EBM takes on each year added to our comfort level. We knew Merida would be focused on us.

Planning: Prior to the wedding itself, Merida became my bridal Xanax. She kept me calm, on schedule, on budget, helped me find and vet venues and vendors, chased after folks for me, offered me suggestions, made sure the contracts were written in our favor, facetimed/zoomed into calls with me, came to my fittings with me, helped me with wording and design choices for our website, save the dates and invitations and was an invaluable resource. Bridal brain is real; I'm probably forgetting a lot of the other ways she helped us during the planning process. Our wedding had Filipino ceremonial traditions and Filipino food included that had to be considered in all of it. There were some wild events that happened during planning with the church and the venue that Merida helped us work through. To say she made me feel like we were her most VIP client is an understatement.

The rehearsal & big day: Merida and her team made sure the rehearsal and day of our wedding was as seamless as possible doing everything from running our rehearsal, reminding Monsignor of important parts, vendor wrangling - all of them. ALL, time management, body taping, dress fixing, reminding everyone to eat and hydrate, guest management... you name it, we could count on Merida and her crew to handle it. There were probably 300 things EBM handled that never came to our attention; we gave them carte blanche to ensure the day was amazing. When I say we worried about nothing, I mean we worried about nothing. Zero worries. Merida and her team had everything under control. Guests are still complimenting us on how friendly and professional the Events by Merida team were at our wedding.

I am a firm believer that the wedding wouldn't have been as awesome without Merida and her crew. THANK YOU a million times over.

**we haven't gotten pro photos back yet!
illustration message bubble

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Deals

Pricing

Do you want more pricing details?

The Art Factory The Art Factory Historic Weddings

Having Merida at your event is like having your fairy godmother every step of the way granting all the wishes. She can read your mind and makes things happen in a magical way!!!

StoryTellers StoryTellers Wedding Videographers

Love working with Merida! She's attentive, polite and on the ball! One of the events we did together it was a hot day, so she made sure the vendors had bottles of water. It was very nice of her! I know it sounds like a little thing... but! the devil is in the details. Also she did a great job coordinating with everyone. Can't wait to work with her again. Book her before someone else does!!

Other vendors in Philadelphia for your wedding

Responds within 24 hours