401 Chapel Drive, Durham, NC 27708 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 4

About Duke Chapel

We’re delighted that you’re considering holding your ceremony at Duke Chapel! By choosing to gather in a church and inviting guests, you’re recognizing that your new life affects the lives of many other people, and that you will need their support if you are to sustain your life together. Everything about your ceremony testifies to the significance of the choice you’re making and the roles that God, family, friends, and one another will play in supporting your marriage amidst the sometimes stormy seas of family pressures, changing emotions, profound temptations, fragile health, and economic uncertainty. While the Chapel’s grand architecture provides a beautiful setting for your “perfect day,” at a deeper level it points to the sacred covenant of marriage—a life shared in community before God.

In order to schedule a wedding or reaffirmation of wedding vows, the bride, the groom, or one of their parents or grandparents must be a current full-time Duke student, a graduate of Duke University, or a current full-time Duke employee. More information, including a policy booklet, pricing information, and a list of frequently asked questions, is available online at http://chapel.duke.edu/worship/weddings.

The Chapel welcomes same-sex weddings as well as weddings of any faith. We look forward to hearing from you!

• Pavilion at the Angus Barn

Real Weddings 109 Photos

17 Reviews for Duke Chapel

• BohoRN2017

Ivy · Married on 11/04/2017

Duke Chapel was my dream wedding venue. I've been wanting to get married there since I was in 3rd grade. I got married in November so I did not have to camp out, I was able to get my first choice date and time by showing up the day Nov '17 dates opened.

There are a lot of rules but I found most of them easy to work with. The Chapel staff were very easy to communicate with prior to the wedding. The organist has several clips of music online making it easy to choose.

Nancy was my wedding director and she was fabulous. She was friendly, organized, and ensured our wedding ran smoothly. Her assistant was also extremely nice and helpful. I chose vendors who had previously work at the Chapel before so I think that helped a lot.

Originally I wasn't going to have any flowers since the Chapel is already beautiful and large arrangements can be costly. The flowers for Sundays service arrived early and Nancy was so kind to ask if I would like to use them for my ceremony.

Parking can be a bit of a challenge. They give you 30 passes for the front which I handed out to guests, I picked them up a few days early. You can purchase vouchers to cover costs for the parking deck but they are a bit of pain to pick up at the parking office. I had our program attendant hand them out.

Overall, very happy with my decision to get married at the Chapel. I found the price very reasonable for what was included, esp. compared to some of the other ceremony venues/churches in this area.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Ashley · Married on 03/08/2015

The Duke Chapel is so gorgeous, and I am so happy that my husband and I could get married there since we're both students at Duke! We got married there on 3/8/2015, and it was even more beautiful than I could've imagined! We worked with Sara Clark, and she is so sweet and helped us so much in planning our ceremony! She explained the chapel's policies well and reassured us that the time limitations wouldn't affect our wedding day at all, and she was right! Leading up to the wedding day, she helped us organize who stood where, how the processional would work for the girls and guys, how to organize the reserved seats, and preparing us for the pause between the bridesmaids' and flower girl's processional and the bride's processional! :) Sara also helped to set up the Chapel for the ceremony! We just dropped off the guestbook, unity candle, programs, etc. at the rehearsal and Sara took care of the set up for us! She was very organized! On the wedding day, she and her assistant Chris were very helpful in making sure everyone was in place and where they needed to be, and the ceremony ran very smoothly (except for our unity candle, which had trouble lighting!), and we didn't have anyone wander off or otherwise get lost! Sara also told us about the Chapel's live streaming service, and it was beautiful and perfect for our guests who couldn't be there in person! Christopher Jacobson was our organist, and he did an excellent job! He played very well, and he helped us a lot in picking our ceremony music! Overall, the Chapel was the perfect wedding ceremony venue! It was beautiful inside and outside, the aisle was breathtaking, and it was perfect for my vision of a princess wedding! Thank you so much Sara and Kit!!

Sent on 03/25/2015
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 01/17/2015

I have always known that I wanted to get married in Duke Chapel, and I finally did in January! :) It is the most beautiful, reverent venue and I would recommend it to anyone that is considering it!

Sara and Blanche were amazingly organized and helpful throughout the planning process! They gave me checklists, reminders, and example programs which was all such a huge help! I cannot thank them enough for all of their support over the last eight months!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Duke Chapel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 2100.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 2100.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Clean Up
    Lighting/Sound
    Parking
    Set Up
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Religious
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
  • What event services do you offer?
    Clean Up
    Lighting / Sound
    Set Up
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access

• 401 Chapel Drive Durham, NC, 27708 See on map
    9196848150 (Phone number)
    Location of (Duke Chapel)