1750 Rikisha, Beaumont, TX 77706 Map · Phone number

About Drew Loker Photography

A resident of Southeast Texas for 40+ years, I graduated from Lamar University and West Brook HS. While at Lamar, I served as the Photo Editor for the University Press. And I met my wonderful wife, Aimee, at Cathedral in the Pines Church in 1989 and we have been together ever since. :)

I have been an avid photographer since high school with my first SLR being a Nikon FG in 1986. I am primarily a photography teacher at West Brook HS here in Beaumont. The course I teach is a blend of old school film photography, digital photography, desktop publishing, graphic design, and video production. This year is my 10th year to teach (9th for photography), and 3rd year at West Brook. I really like the blend of digital AND film photography with an opportunity for the students to work with both a real darkroom (with photo chemicals) and a digital "darkroom".

Outside of school, I photograph weddings and I assist others, mostly teachers, with retirement planning. I shoot frequently for recreational fun, mostly nature, which means sunsets around here, and the occasional birding or camping trip. Several of the pictures on this page are from a few of our favorite trips, including Yellowstone and our favorite vacation venue, Caribbean Cruises.

And then of course there are the family and friends events. Taking pictures of all the kiddos birthdays, etc. can be a lot of fun, especially when the kids are so quick to ask to see their pictures just as soon as I have taken them. They have NO concept of a "film" camera...imagine that!

My big challenge is finding time to work with the great imagery that I have accumulated. The fact is that it is more fun to shoot than it is to work on the pictures on a computer in post processing. Having "shot digital" for almost four years now (I purchased a Nikon D100 in July 2002), I have more great shots than in the 20 years prior to shooting digital. And I have yet to return to some of the best hiking places with digital as of yet, like Yosemite and Big Bend National Parks, where I have some of my favorite 20x30 scenics framed and hanging in various offices, home, school, etc.

Follow Drew Loker Photography on

abbc86b2091cf959 Amanda colhw
champagne in your face739

1 Reviews for Drew Loker Photography

Stephanie · Married on 02/14/2009

Drew took pictures of our engagement, rehearsal, and wedding. I loved all of the pictures, he took probably 2000 all together, it is also easy to order and view. I have no complaints.

Sent on 04/25/2010

Drew Loker Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 995.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,695.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer? Digital Files, Proofs