1212 Capitol Trail, Newark, DE 19711 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 49
  • Real Weddings 1

About Desserts By Dana

Desserts by Dana is a multi award winning bakery located in Newark, DE. Known for their ability to go above and beyond with their cake creations, these bakers and artists live and breathe in the sweet world of pastry arts, where flavor and color come to life. Led by Celebrity Chef Dana Herbert, known as “The Sugar Daddy” or “The Cake Doctor”, because of his amazing work with pulled and blown sugar. They are also known as Delaware’s “King of Cakes.” Desserts By Dana prides itself on our wonderful wedding cakes, sugar sculptures, custom cakes, and tasty miniature desserts for all occasions. Our mission is to make every event timeless. Desserts By Dana also does amazing dessert catering including their Cold Slab Ice Cream Station, Delicious Fruit Towers and Fountains, and more.

Chef Dana has garnered a lot of attention for his big win on Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker, a hit show on TLC, which premiered in December 2010. After watching him excel in both design and taste in each episode, he took home the gold (and a new car!) in the finale. He also was invited to work in Hoboken with Buddy Valastro and can be seen on some of the awesome episodes of Cake Boss.

Desserts By Dana has received numerous awards including Best of Delaware, People Choice Award, Brides Magazines Top 100 Bakeries in the United States, and numerous other awards. Chef Dana was also named one of the Top Ten Cake Designers in the United States by Dessert Professional Magazine. After Chef Dana’s historic win on Cake Boss: Next Great Baker, the nation has seen Chef in a number of other media outlets nationally and internationally including shows on the Food Network, ABC, WeTV, NBC, FOX, and more. Chef Dana’s features and recipes have been seen in numerous magazines including Essence, The Huffington Post, Grace Ormonde, Dessert Professional, American Cake Decorating, Chef Magazine, Delaware Today and many more. Chef has also been on the prestigious James Beard Celebrity Chef Tour. Desserts By Dana has done work for a number of celebrity clients including Oprah, Ice Cube, Jill Biden, Najee, Christopher Williams, Michael Vick, Bart Scott, and more!

Follow Desserts By Dana on

laurie
img1991
jacinta
Desserts By Dana
desserts by dana peach and gold
063winterwedding20140121
syphotography 9697
wedding photographer 3475
wedding photographer 3627
Desserts By Dana
desserts by dana circles and silver
syp4461
www judahavenue com 22

• Videos 2

97 Reviews for Desserts By Dana

Angela · Married on 06/23/2018

Dana took our vision for our wedding cake and made it even better with his creativity! It was delicious and our guests are still telling us how we had the best wedding cake they ever tasted! We were so pleased with the whole process!

Desserts By Dana 1

Lyndsey · Married on 06/08/2018

Our cake was the first thing we booked in our wedding planning process. We knew exactly what we wanted it to look like and who we wanted to work with. Our tasting was absolutely delicious and we were able to pick out everything we wanted that day. I knew I wanted a giant cake even though our guest cap was 80 people. When Dana's team came back with our first "draft" I told them I wanted it to be BIGGER. And they did a great job accommodating this crazy lady and her big cake dreams. It was now big enough to feed 230 guests. The day of went as smoothly as possible and my giant cake was the biggest hit of the night. Everyone raved about it from how it looked to how it tasted. I told the staff at the venue that I didn't want those tiny slivers of cake that people usually get at weddings. I wanted big cake slices and I wanted to encourage guests to try multiple flavors (each layer was a different flavor: vanilla, strawberry, orange and lemon with white chocolate mousse filling). It went so well that the groom and I each only got one piece and no leftovers :( We'll be coming back for more cake on our upcoming birthdays and anniversary next year. Many thanks to Dana and his team for our perfect summer citrus cake!

Desserts By Dana 2

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2018

We came in with an unusual cake topper and a very general idea of what we wanted for the cake and he hit a Homerun! All our guests raved about the cake, how it looked as well as how it tasted! I'd include a picture of the cake but I don't want anyone to steal our idea.

Desserts By Dana FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 6.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cheese, Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Tastings - Open House, Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Diabetic, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

Real Weddings

• Foschi Wedding Photography
    Foschi Wedding Photography Wedding Photographers

Beautiful cakes and they taste amazing!!

• DJ Ted Rock
    DJ Ted Rock Wedding DJs

Desserts by Dana is my first choice for all types of desserts. I have used them for my and my wife's 40th Birthday cakes. We also stop in for cupcakes and other treats on a regular basis. Dana was able to produce a Justin Timberlake themed cake for my wife's 40th Birthday that was outstanding. I still am getting compliments on how great the cake looked and how much better it tasted. Amaretto Cake with Lemon curd filling is unbelievable. Don't forget to tell Dana that DJ Ted Rock recommended Desserts by Dana.

• Brilliant Affairs
    Brilliant Affairs Wedding Planners

Breath taking creations which taste amazing! Highly recommend Dana for your wedding or event! Word to the wise, don't bring your diet.

• 1212 Capitol Trail Newark, DE 19711 See on map