About Cutting Edge Entertainment

What can we do for your event?

Take your wedding to the Cutting Edge!!

Boutique-Styled DJ Entertainment Company.  Offering the top, experienced DJ talent and event services, since 1992.  Serving Philadelphia and all surrounding counties (Yes, we travel to New Jersey and Delaware, too).

Contact our office 215-938-7950 and speak with one of our DJs today!!

Where excitement meets elegance, learn more about our Wedding DJ services, and why we are one of the top rated companies in the Philadelphia Area.  We believe that a face-to-face meeting – whether in-person or via webcam – with you (the bride and groom) and a potential Wedding DJ is the best and possibly the only way for you to gauge the caliber and experience of the individual you’re going to entrust with making your party awesome. At the same time, this gives us the opportunity to learn all about you, to hear your ideas, understand your expectations and with your input, help you achieve the wedding reception of your dreams.

While awesome reviews mean that our clients are elated with the services we provide, and great recommendations mean that we work well with other professionals, we would like the opportunity to meet with you, so you might decide for yourself.

DJ Entertainment l Lighting l Photo Booths

Want to see more?

Check out our Blog, and view our work.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Liability Insurance (11)
Uplighting (11)
Photobooth (5)
8 Reviews for 'steve'

Steve with Cutting Edge was awesome as our wedding DJ. We were planning the wedding from out of town, but that wasn't a problem at all. After a few skype conversations and emails Steve was able to really get a sense of what we were looking for in our wedding music. He provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. He made sure to include the songs that we requested, added songs that fit our style, and was also able to read the room to make sure everyone was having a great time. We had a full dance floor until the very end of our reception and had many people say how much they enjoyed our DJs and how nice they were as well.

Profile Picture Abby, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I booked Cutting Edge for our wedding in December 2014, and we could not have been happier with our experience! We worked with Steve F., and he did an incredible job providing the music for our big day- the dance floor was packed the entire night, and guests are still raving about how much fun they had. My husband and I had a very specific vision for the music for our wedding, and we wanted to be very hands-on in the overall music choices. Steve was great in guiding us through this process, while making sure we addressed all of the important details of the evening (overall timeline, first dances, special requests, etc.). We had lots of ideas, and he was great at providing us with suggestions and advice, while still being very attentive and respectful of our wishes. He made sure that the music was about us, and that we had a big say in the overall vibe of our reception. He executed our choices perfectly, while also bringing his own expertise to add the perfect blend of "oldies" and contemporary choices. He read the crowd so well, and kept everyone up and dancing from start to finish. He was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire evening, and I do not have a single complaint about his performance. I did not have to worry about anything, and he helped to ensure that the music during our wedding was top-notch and exactly what we were hoping for. He was so willing to help in any way possible, and it was truly a pleasure working with him. I would recommend him to any couples- you will not be disappointed! Overall, we would book Cutting Edge and Steve again without hesitation. Thanks for a wonderful time and fabulous music!

Profile Picture Colleen, 12/27/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I do not normally write reviews for anything, but my husband and I were so impressed by the DJ services we received from Steve at Cutting Edge Entertainment. Let me put it this way, we had zero stress when it came to our wedding entertainment. We literally met with Cutting Edge only one month before our wedding. After our first meeting with Steve and Richie our decision was made. They made us feel so comfortable and like we didn't have to do anything from that moment forward except answer a few questions. I texted Steve one day before our wedding to mention a few songs/bands I would like to hear and his exact response was that he was excited for the add-ons!!! At one point in the night I went up to thank him and request a song and he had his phone open to that text. I was so impressed by his diligence to make sure Matt and I got everything we wanted. Our wedding turned out perfect! And Steve our DJ was by far one of the best aspects of our wedding. I CAN NOT wait to hire him for the next big party we have.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/12/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My groom and I chose Cutting Edge Entertainment to provide the music, mc'ing, and fun on our wedding day. Without a doubt, they delivered on all accounts in a professional yet intimate fashion. Cutting Edge Entertainment's Steve F. acted as the DJ/MC extraordinaire throughout our top notch experience. About six months prior to our wedding we met with Steve and he immediately began addressing our questions and requests without problem (and continued to do so up until the last minute of the night!). From the get go it was clear that Steve was not a DJ who was out to boost his own ego by playing music of his own liking (a big fear of mine) but one who was able to adapt and personalize the entertainment so that we (and the guests) were the stars of the show. From the cocktail hour to first dances to a full-dance floor, Steve was able match the energy through his song choices (while also incorporating the songs that we requested be played in the appropriate spots). As far as his work as a master of ceremony, Steve made sure that everything went smoothly and timely according to the itinerary that was checked not only with us but also the caterer at the venue. His interaction with the bridal and groom parties and ourselves was sincere, meaningful, and most importantly fun! One tidbit that should reveal just how high quality of a DJ Steve actually was is the fact that both my husband and I label ourselves as non-dancers, danced from beginning to end (along with 75% of our guests). Multiple guests have already asked for information on Steve so clearly a positive impression was made on everyone who attended. If you choose to go with a DJ for your wedding, it would be a mistake not to book Cutting Entertainment's Steve F.

Profile Picture Haley, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam Brand and Steve did an amazing job of DJing our wedding. During the process that led up to the wedding. Adam was responsive to our changes (many changes) and were able to accommodate us. They even were able to respond to a last minute change with seamless ability to accommodate us. I thoroughly enjoyed them and I would recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment and especially Adam and Steve to anyone

Profile Picture Shawn, 4/19/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Craig was our MC, and Steve was our DJ. We were concerned that our guests were of varied ages (my fiancee and I are in our late 30s), and a lot of our guests were younger. We wanted a very eclectic mix, and Craig (the owner) brought a great understanding of our older crowds tastes, while Steve, his DJ, handled the more current stuff, and did a great job. Craig was interactive, and allowed our guests to actually sing into the microphone for lots of songs, which really let so many of our guests become more of participants than invited guests. We are still getting calls from friends (months after) and we could not have been more pleased. It was great to have a 2 man team, because all aspects were handled with precision.

Not only would we recommend Craig and Steve, but friends used Brian from Cutting Edge, who did as great a job as Craig. I didn't catch the name of the DJ who was with him, but again they were awesome (although I'm biased, and think my wedding was better :))

Profile Picture Diane, 11/20/10, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I worked with Richie and Steve. At first I was a little hesitant to work with this group, but boy did they prove me wrong! They were so responsive and caring. Steve was our DJ and all of my guests kept raving about what a wonderful time they had dancing all night. Steve was wonderful during the entire planning process and he REALLY took his TIME making everything perfect for my husband and me.

Profile Picture User4238757, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
3.6

Steve was our DJ from Cutting Edge, and he did a great job. Prices were extremely reasonable. We did however, provide Steve with an extensive list of songs that we had chosen to be played at the wedding, and many of them were not played. We trusted Steve 100% and let him decide what to play, but it would have been nice to hear more of the song list, and less of the other songs we didn't really know, as each song had a significant meaning to us. There were also a few times where it didn't seem seamless, with a few awkward silence moments, and guests not dancing. We would have preferred him/or his partner tried to engage the crowd more.

Profile Picture Alex, 10/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Cutting Edge Entertainment Pricing