Commodore Cruises & Events

2394 Mariner Square Drive, Alameda, CA 94501 Map · Phone number

About Commodore Cruises & Events

Commodore Cruises & Events is a unique wedding venue located in Alameda, California. This luxury cruise company offers both ceremonies and receptions on one of their six yachts. They're an all-inclusive venue that even offers a "Captain to Marry." Commodore Cruises & Events will provide everything you need for a celebration on the San Francisco Bay.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 350 guests on one of their unique yachts. You can choose between the following:
Cabernet Sauvignon - the largest yacht at 124 feet long. It features four decks, plus a stateroom. It also boasts a large dance floor, Sky deck and bar and outdoor space.

• Chardonnay - features two decks, a dance floor, a bar and outdoor space. It can accommodate up to 130 guests.
  • Merlot - 91 feet long, it also features a dance floor, two decks, outdoor space and a bar.
  • Pinot Noir - very similar to the Merlot and Chardonnay in its' amenities.
  • Fume Blanc - 76 feet long, features three decks, a large dance floor and a spacious open-air Sky deck.
  • Zinfandel - the most intimate of the yachts at 65 feet long. It provides 360-degree views.

Commodore Cruises & Events serves 19 different ports in the San Francisco area. Each couple will have the yacht for a minimum of four hours with a dockside ceremony, and five hours with a ceremony "underway." They offer a personal wedding planner, event rentals and all-inclusive packages to make sure your vision comes to life. Additional services include, but are not limited to:

• Bridal suite
  • In-house caterer
  • In-house bar
  • Lighting and sound

Cuisine
Couples can choose between hors d'oeuvres, stations, a buffet, cocktail reception, or a plated meal. They also offer the option of wedding cake or cupcakes for dessert. Sample entrees include:

• Champagne Chicken

Reception
Reception

9 Reviews for Commodore Cruises & Events

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2016

Wow! Where do I start. Commodore Cruises and Hannah, our event coordinator, were completely amazing! We had a destination wedding in San Francisco for 40 guests in May. I researched over 30 venues from wineries, to hotels, to Tahoe resorts, and from my very first contact with Hannah at Commodore I was impressed. She took the time to describe all the yachts, listen to my vision and budget and provide me with several quotes of different options - everything from a transfer only to a full event package. We ended up choosing to do our complete event (underway ceremony, dinner and reception/dance) with Commodore on the Merlot. Their prices were surprisingly reasonable and included everything we wanted. After we signed the initial contract, there was very little for me to do until a couple months before the wedding which was fantastic because I had plenty to do picking my dress, doing the invitations, making my DIY items and planning my local reception back in Colorado which we held 2 weeks after our SF wedding. During that period, I called or emailed Hannah occasionally with a question or idea and every time I received a response within hours. When it came time to plan the cruise, Hannah was on top of everything. She listened to all the details I had planned and made suggestions of how to adapt them to best suit a yacht event.

The day of the wedding she set up all the décor and it was beautiful! The ceremony floating under the bay bridge couldn't have been more perfect! The staff on the cruise was outstanding - they made all of my guests feel so welcome and pampered and DJ Dan played all of our requests. I was a little nervous about the food because I wasn't able to make it to my tasting to try the items before I picked them, but I needn't have been - it was SO GOOD and all the guests loved it. Overall, I was thrilled with my Commodore wedding. I can't recommend them highly enough!!!!

• BaringLife

Patricia · Married on 11/01/2015

It truly was the best day of our lives --everything was beautiful and unforgettable. Minor details didn't go as planned, but that is part of the process. Best advice is to stay on top of it--keep contacting them months prior to your special day if you do not want to get bombarded with an overwhelming to-do list the last 10 chaotic days before your wedding. Also, stay on top of the "Meet the Fleet" dates, as they might not be available the last couple of weeks before your big day, if you want to try the delicious food they serve. Your guests will enjoy cruising the Bay.

• F

farnaz · Married on 09/07/2014

I really like commodore cruise !! We had really good experience !

Commodore Cruises & Events FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 3,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 350
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 0
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 6
  • Describe your venue: Boat/Yacht
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor
  • What event items are available? Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• (D.E.A.) Daley Entertainment Agency
    (D.E.A.) Daley Entertainment Agency Wedding DJs

I have worked with Commodore Cruises & Events for many years and they do a great job. Their boats are beautiful and what a way to your special event but by cruising the SF Bay. My wife's company has event hosted and event on one of their boats and it was great.

• A Perfect Impression Photography, Disc Jockey & Videography
    A Perfect Impression Photography, Disc Jockey & Videography Wedding Photographers

The family and staff at Commodore are an amazing team of professionals that you can trust for your event. They work hard to deliver a great service as well as offer a unique venue where the landscape changes from one amazing view to another!

• Benjamin Photographics
    Benjamin Photographics Wedding Photographers

I work closely with this group. Professional, streamlined, beautiful full-service wedding services based in Alameda. 6 Yacht fleet can handle and occasion

• 2394 Mariner Square Drive Alameda, CA 94501 See on map