Cliff House is a historic, beachfront restaurant and wedding venue located in San Francisco, California. They've been a beloved landmark for almost a century and a half, and have gone through extensive renovations throughout the years. Couples will experience ocean views, seals and the Pacific sunset at this clifftop venue. Cliff House offers their Terrace Room for coastal ceremonies and receptions.
Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 120 guests at this indoor and outdoor venue. Cliff House offers their Terrace Room for your celebration. It features an outdoor terrace, perfect for your ceremony. Guests will experience views of the famous “Seal Rocks,” the Marin coastline, the Pacific Ocean and Ocean Beach as you exchange your vows. They might also catch glimpses of dolphins, whales, seals and pelicans during cocktail hour. For your reception, the Terrace Room features floor-to-ceiling windows so you’ll have amazing views all night long. If you're having a cocktail-style reception, the room can accommodate up to 150 guests.
This unique venue has been a part of the wedding industry for over 20 years. Their special events coordinator will work closely with you to ensure your vision comes to life. They have an experienced culinary team that will help you to choose the perfect menu for your big day. Additional services include:
Cliff House is a seafood restaurant that specializes in American cuisine. Couples can choose between hors d'oeuvres, stations, a buffet, a cocktail reception or a plated meal. Sample entrees include:
The original Cliff House was built in 1863 and was visited by five U.S. presidents throughout the years. It was renovated early on, but unfortunately burned down in 1907. It was rebuilt again in 1909 and is now the most famous version. Since then, it’s undergone a complete restoration, but the separate Terrace Room is still part of the original 1909 house.
Recommended by 92% of couples
Alan · Married on 10/13/2018
Terrace Room is amazing for our reception!
Virginia and Lauraine were awesome to work with. Having the Terrace Room for our reception was amazing!
User6704407 · 2+ years ago
Everyone was extremely helpful and did all that was needed to make our wedding day wonderful!!! I would recommend them to anyone.
User5515743 · 2+ years ago
We LOVED having our wedding reception at the Cliff House for many reasons:
1. Location: dramatic views, iconic SF location away from the downtown crowds, easy parking
2. Venue: perfect size for our smaller guest list (approx. 80 people), intimate without being "cozy"
3. Price: no venue fee, just beverage/food minimum which was easily met
4. Convenience: no need to talk to multiple vendors since food/drinks/silverware/tables/etc are all from the Cliff House
5. Food: delicious
6. Virginia & Lauraine: Virginia was our contact from the very beginning and she was very responsive to questions and requests. Lauraine is the day-of coordinator (great because that's another separate vendor we didn't have to hire!) and made the whole day run smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything and could focus on just enjoying ourselves with our guests.
Overall, working with the Cliff House was super easy. Our reception turned out to be classy and elegant but also a ton of fun -- and we credit the staff at the Cliff House for helping make that happen.
Cliff House Price Rates