8200 S. Western Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73139 Map · Phone number

About CJ's Jewelers

We make jewelry! Established in 1973, and family owned. We do everything from watch batteries, to custom manufacturing, on site repair and appraisals. Started in 1973 in Don's garage with the help of his brother John. The appreciation of jewelry came from an interest in Geology, Spelunking, and Rock collecting. From there an apprenticeship was taken at Midwest Jewelers for $2.50 per hour. There the skills were acquired to begin marketing trade work to local stores in the malls that could not provide an on-site jeweler. In 1974 the operation moved from the garage to a retail store at 5710 S. Pennsylvania. By 1980 business was booming and the present location was built from the ground up as one of the largest retail fronts in the city. There is a very laid back atmosphere to include a grand-scale fireplace, natural wood, and comfortable seating. We focus more on taking care of a customer, not "making the sale." Since being built, there have been several changes to our company. Our inventory has grown to one of the best in the industry, we survived the oil boom and bust, Don now owns 100% of the company, we no longer do work for other stores, we continue to make upgrades inside the store, and we now carry Waterford Crystal and China, Brahmin, Dooney and Bourke handbags and accessories. One thing remains the same though: our commitment to our customers, our integrity, our one of a kind trade shop, and our fair pricing with no gimmicks. As Don says "We don't pay mall rent and utilities, you don't see me on T.V. every night, and we don't spend a lot of money on advertising." The truth of the mater is all of those things cost money and the only way we get money is by selling our customers what they want.... so to do that we would have to raise our prices. Services Offered: Custom jewelry manufacturing. On site repair facility. Brahmin, Dooney and Bourke handbags. Seiko and Pulsar watches. $5 Watch battery installation. Free jewelry cleaning and inspection. Layaway. Appraisals for insurance and estate purposes.

Follow CJ's Jewelers on

3716000b75f62d69 card square
3716000b75f62d69 card square

2 Reviews for CJ's Jewelers

C J's is a family run Jewelers in Oklahoma City that has a workshop on site to cary out repairs.
    The staff are very knowledgable and friendly, they listened to what we wanted, and showed us items that were what we asked for and within our budget, they also encouraged us to shop around before buying, they were not at all pushy, and when we finally went back to buy our rings (over a year after initally getting our quote) they honoured the original price that they quoted us.
    We did shop around a lot before deciding to buy from C J's and honnestly I could not find the same quality anywhere else, lower quality at higher prices was all I could find on offer elsewhere, with pushy sales people who seemed to think they knew better than I do what I wanted.
    I will go back to C J's again as my first stop for Jewelery and would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/12/2013

CJ's Jewelers's reply:

Thank you for the good feedback. We value our customers opinion. Please feel free to bring the rings back anytime for our FREE cleaning and inspection services. We pride ourselves in doing all of our own work in house. We strive to offer the best value and service in our industry!

Elaine · Married on 10/25/2016

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

Stay away. I took a 2 carat diamond ring and a wedding band with 6 cz in it (both 14 K) to be sized. It was obvious to me that the smaller band was cz. When I went back to pick up my rings, a tall man, older, whom I assumed was the boss, THREW the rings on the counter. There was a note taped to the plastic bag they were in that said "cz did not hold up to heat". All of the stones are now CLOUDY and almost white. I was so upset. I should have demanded they replace the stones, but I was upset that they tore them up. The man that waited on me did not offer an explanation or replacement, just took my money and walked off. I'm still angry. I can't wear the ring, so I'm out several hundred dollars total. NEVER again.

Sent on 10/25/2016

CJ's Jewelers's reply:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Had we been told when the item came in for repair that the stones were synthetic, we could have possibly accommodated that. We normally only work on gold and platinum with genuine stones. You are correct that Cubic Zircons do no take the heat from welding. We could replace the stones for you, just not for the price of the repair. Jewelry with synthetic stones in them are only worked on at customer's risk. Hopefully this help you understand.

CJ's Jewelers FAQ

• Which of the following services do you offer? Appraisal, Cleaning, Diamond Certification, Ring Sizing, Stone Upgrades
  • What kind of jewelry do you offer? Custom Accessories, Custom Engagement Rings, Custom Wedding Bands, Designer Accessories, Designer Engagement Rings, Designer Wedding Bands, Fair Trade, Handcrafted, Loose Diamonds, Ring Setting
  • What is your average turnaround time for an engagement ring? 1-2 weeks