6656 Waning Moon Way, Columbia, MD 21045 Map · Phone number

About Ceremonies and Celebrations

I am an ordained non-denominational minister providing wedding services to couples all over Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware. I am not just an officiant who says some words at your wedding, but someone who truly wants you to have your personal values and beliefs reflected for all to see on your special day. I want you to have your wedding your way! Originally born and raised in Baltimore, for the past thirty-three years I have resided in Columbia. I am a happy self-actualized person, the mother of two grown children and six grandchildren all of whom I am very proud.

I have taken many paths throughout my lifetime all of which have given me the opportunity to work and collaborate with diverse populations. Whatever your age, gender, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, disability or nationality might be I see you first as a human being with real needs and wants and desires.

As a minister I am here to provide a service that meets your needs. I received my ordination through the

Church of Spiritual Humanism, Universal Life Church and World Christianship Ministries. My beliefs are based on spirituality, nature and social consciousness. My intent is to provide services for people who are spiritual but not necessarily religious. Most of my couples choose me because my spiritual values align with theirs. They want a non-religious ceremony celebrating their own personal values. I try to schedule no more than two weddings per day so that I can devote my attention and efforts to your special day. I make sure they are spaced far enough apart so that you do not feel rushed or neglected in any way. I also have a network of other officiants that I can call upon should a last minute emergency arise. I love working with all people and honor and respect whatever belief system you may wish to incorporate into your ceremony. I want you to have your wedding your way!

Because communication is the glue that impacts both human behavior and personal psychological consequences, my role is to assist you in that communication process. Whether you are planning a wedding, vow renewal, or commitment ceremony I will do whatever it takes to make sure you have the wedding you want. During this time decisions need to be made that will truly reflect your needs and desires. Together we can create ceremonies and celebrations that will be memorable expressions of your values and beliefs. I am told that I have a calming effect on the wedding couple as well as other members of the wedding party. In addition, I am a professional who also has a great sense of humor.

I would love to meet both of you in person so we may get to know each other and see how we can create your special day. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or concerns you wish to speak to me about. You may also wish to check out my website at: www.ceremoniesncelebrations.com.

ginny.carson@gmail.com

weddings phot
weddings photo croppe
weddings photo cropped

79 Reviews for Ceremonies and Celebrations

My husband and I wanted to create a very special and unique ceremony for our wedding/renewal celebration. We met Laurie under very unusual circumstances. We had very little time left before our date to plan exactly what we were thinking of for our special day. Laurie sat and listened to our love story and came up with great ideas and caring sentiments to have in the ceremony. She arrived early, interacted with our family and friends and gave us our day to remember. All of our guests commented on how much they loved the ceremony and how great Laurie was. My husband and I felt very comfortable with her ad soon as we met her. Thanks for a wonderful memory to build our lives on.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Jaime · Married on 06/29/2013

We originally had Ginny as our officiant for our wedding but about a month or so before the wedding, we found out that Ginny was unable to perform our ceremony but we were assured that one of her associates, Laurie, would take over and give us the same care that Ginny would have given us. When we met Laurie we absolutely loved her. She took the time to get to know us and kept reassuring us that everything was going to be perfect. Our ceremony was very personal and our guests gave us many compliments. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Kristin · Married on 05/25/2013

Thank you to Laurie for filling in for our original officiant in a pinch. She quickly made us feel comfortable since we only had about a week to get to know her before our wedding.

Sent on 01/12/2014

• Helios Images
    Helios Images Wedding Photographers

Dear Ginny, You were a dream to work with at the recent wedding at the Halcyon House in Easton, Maryland! As an international award-winning wedding photography company, we've had the fortune to work with many vendors over the years who are located all over the country and throughout all of our experiences, you were, hands down, the nicest and most sincere officiant we have met! Upon the first smile and welcoming handshake, your calming and positive energy was apparent, and it only got better the longer we were around you. Every time we looked up from the viewfinder, you were smiling and laughing with the newly married couple and their bridal party. Throughout the wedding day, you made everyone feel easy and light, which is a testament to your good nature. I'm especially impressed by your ability to create a calming atmosphere for the couple, so they could fully enjoy their experience of getting married as it happened. We can't wait to work with you again in the future and if anyone asks, we'll be recommending you without a second thought! Sincerely Yours, - Doug D.

• Denean's Party By Design
    Denean's Party By Design Wedding Decor & Lighting

Working with Ginny was an absolute pleasure! She was so personable and truly customized her services to meet the needs and desire of the couple. We at Denean's Party By Design would gladly recommend her services.

• 6656 Waning Moon Way Columbia, 21045 See on map