Engagement
Shoot included

About Cavens Photography

Cavens Photography offers classic portraiture with a contemporary twist.

About Cavens Photography

Cavens Photography began when we decided to make our dream a reality and turn our love of photography into our career. We are a Husband and Wife photography team, and we absolutely love working together, and are so blessed to be able to do so. We provide our clients with a professional, streamlined photography experience. Cavens Photography is a Christian-based photography studio with a company mission to bring joy to others by capturing their memories and life moments through the camera lens. We believe that the joy that comes from looking at professionally-taken family photos should not be a luxury that only some should enjoy, but a joy everyone has access to.

Every wedding that we do is an investment in your family. It is time and money spent to not only remember each of life’s most precious stages, but to cherish and share with friends and family alike for years to come. We have a family of our own, and we fully understand how precious these fleeting moments are. We simply help you capture them in a way that allows your family to come first.

Cavens Photography prides ourselves on the happiness of our clients and their pleasant experience with Cavens Photography, and we believe in quality over quantity when it comes to the edited images we deliver. Take a few minutes and read a few testimonials from our wonderful clients! Every couple we photograph on their wedding day who purchases an Classic or Signature Wedding Package receives one complimentary Family Session per year for life!

On a more professional note, we use all professional-quality FX Nikon cameras (Nikon D810), equipment, and lenses. we have had our work published by Nikon in the past, and we consistently strive to improve our abilities and achieve higher standards in our work.

We will only accept up to 25 weddings per year, and only one wedding per weekend in order to give couples our full energy and creativity.

About Matt Cavens

Lead Photographer/Owner

Hello everyone, my name is Matt Cavens. I'm a Marine Veteran with a passion for studio and off-location photography. I have always had a love for photography, and I pursued this passion throughout my childhood and teen years and eventually studied photography at Kent State University in Ohio. In the past, my photography studio was more of a side-job for me while I worked various other jobs throughout the years.

About Risa Cavens

Creative Director/Photographer/Owner

Hi, I’m Risa Cavens. I’m a busy, stay-at-home mommy to a very spirited little girl and a busy toddler boy. I grew up as an Air Force brat, so I’ve lived all over the place, but I’m a Texan at heart. I have many passions – everything from quilting and cross-stitching to white water rafting. Photography was something that I always enjoyed, but never really had the means to pursue. Then I met a handsome young man named Matt, who not only stole my heart, but also made it possible for me to take my creativity to the next level. I have always had an artistic eye, and I would even do fun photo shoots with my daughter, but I didn’t have access to the really high-quality equipment that could help me take my photography skills to the next level.

I have been working alongside Matt since January, 2014, and I absolutely LOVE being able to spend special moments with couples and families while preserving those memories with my camera. I come away from weddings and other sessions feeling like I’ve known our clients forever (I’ve even been known to tell Matt, on more than one occasion, “Oh, I just want to be best friends with them!”). I take great joy in what I do, and it’s made even better by the fact that I get to work alongside my best friend.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Albums (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Matted Prints (1)
Save the Date (1)

A quality photographer was THE single-most important thing to me when planning our wedding. My husband and I connected with the Cavens right away, and were instantly impressed with their organization and professionalism. We didn’t hesitate at all when deciding on them for our wedding. The Cavens were easy to work with and we enjoyed connecting with them on a personal and professional level. We heard from several people at our wedding how impressed they were with the Cavens, and our photos turned out amazing. Our photos were given to us on time, despite Christmas, illness, and moving all being in the middle of it. They even us an extra $100 in print credit when our friends booked with them! I would definitely highly recommend the Cavens to anyone looking!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

They did our wedding this past October and were fantastic to work with. They did amazing work and made the whole experience enjoyable and fun. I would recommend them to anyone who needs photos done for any events. And when they do your wedding photos you get a free family photo session once a year forever. You can't beat that.

Profile Picture Aaron, 10/20/16, 1 Review

1 ENDORSEMENT

Events

819 SE 14th Loop, Suite 101-N, Battle Ground, WA 98604   See On Map
360-202-8183 (phone)
Cavens Photography is a wedding photographer from Vancouver, WA servicing weddings throughout the local area, including Oregon, Washington, and surrounding areas. Cavens Photography is a professional photography studio that has been part of the WA/OR wedding industry since 2014 specializing in family oriented photography.