31 Catherine Street, 3rd Floor,, Shillington, PA 19607 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,650
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Carrie Kizuka Photography, LLC

I love life, and I love celebrating all stages and phases of life - from the day-to-day seemingly monotonous routines to the once-in-a-lifetime events of large magnitudes. Other photographers often tell me that I should specialize in only one thing, because doing so would be better for my business - but I politely thank them and keep on doing my thing. Because, even though I choose to photograph many different subjects and events, they all have a common thread - I am photographing celebrations of life. I am so thankful to be the person my clients choose to capture these moments for them, and I can't imagine doing anything else.

I’m a photographer, a mom, a wife, a PhD student, a snowboarder, a surfer, a roller coaster enthusiast, a college instructor, and a former mechanical engineer. I'm an attention-deficit-oh-squirrel, creative, fun, addicted-to-wearing-beanies kid trapped inside an adult’s body. I'm socially awkward most of the time I'm in public, and I make weird faces when I take photos because that's what I do when I concentrate. I dress for comfort (and for rolling around on the ground, standing in creeks, and climbing into trees to capture the best angles for my photographs) but I do clean up (reasonably) well on wedding days!

I'm real. I love clients who are real. I want my photos to reflect our real-ness. I believe in doing things because you want to, and because your heart and soul are telling you to, not because society says you should. I don't shoot images to get them published on blogs or to win awards; I shoot images so that my incredible clients can relive smiles, laughs, and tears for as long as they live. (Don't get me wrong, my work is blog-worthy and award-worthy - those are just not priorities of mine.) I love that life is unscripted, and I love capturing that for my clients.

I don’t remember when I got my first camera, since I’ve been snapping pictures for most of my life. I used to “borrow” my parents’ Minolta 35mm, until they got sick of me using up all their film on pictures of birds, flowers, squirrels, and other randomness, and bought me my very own Kodak 110mm (with a flash!). Then I went through various Polaroid models, disposables, and eventually bought my very first Canon EOS 35mm film camera. That’s when my love affair with Canon began! I have continued to upgrade and add to my quiver since then, acquiring (and destroying) a number of point-and-shoots and DSLRs. I currently shoot with two Canon 5D Mark IIIs and a quiver of L-series Canon lenses.

My husband refers to my camera as my binky. When I am taking pictures, I am transported to a special “happy place” that I am only able to access through my photography. Photography brings out my most creative side, while somehow calming and exciting me at the same time. I never leave home without some sort of a camera. I never know when I’ll happen upon that perfect sunset, spot a random photogenic squirrel, or find myself in the vicinity of a surprise marriage proposal.

I’ve lived in Pennsylvania, California, and Japan; I’ve traveled across the US, and to Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Canada, New Zealand, and most recently Haiti. I’ve snapped amazing pictures in all of these places, capturing images and freezing memories for a lifetime. What I’ve found, though, is that nothing gives me more joy than using my talent and “eye” to capture fleeting moments for others.

I can never repay my family and friends for urging me to begin taking pictures professionally. They saw my potential and talent before I fully realized it for myself. They continue to nurture and support my passion, and for that I am eternally grateful. Every smile that I receive when I deliver images to my clients should be credited in large part to my family and friends who have helped make my photography dream become the reality that it is today. I am truly living my dream.

Follow Carrie Kizuka Photography, LLC on

Other couples have also viewed

dm4a6127 2

17 Reviews for Carrie Kizuka Photography, LLC

• Nicole

Nicole C. · Getting married on 09/17/2022

Christmastime Engagement: FLAWLESS

I (the one who was proposed to) had *no* clue my fiancé-to-be was hiring a photographer for these special moments, but if you only KNEW the amount of effort Carrie and Justin (my fiancé) went to when a blizzard hit and literally destroyed all their plans.... my god. She was there before we were, and got an incredible array of beautiful and intimate photos of us getting engaged in front of this insanely decorated Christmas house, in the snow, in 20 degrees. She suggested another holiday location that we also went to for more shots, and I just cannot express how grateful we are for the lengths she went to for these magical memories we will never forget.

Sent on 04/19/2021
  • Theresa

Theresa L. · Married on 05/08/2021

Amazing photographer

Carrie is absolutely amazing!! We booked her for our engagement shoot and wedding. We just did our engagement shoot and the pictures are wonderful. I am obsessed with every single one. Her work is outstanding and she has a great eye for capturing the perfect shot. She is easy to work with and makes the experience fun!! My fiancé and I are not really photo people and Carrie made it a breeze and great day.

Sent on 11/22/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer D. · Married on 07/04/2020

Amazing Photography

We had a small intimate wedding in our backyard (during a pandemic) and Carrie brought all the magical details to life! We are truly grateful for her time and talents!

Sent on 07/26/2020

Award

Carrie Kizuka Photography, LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2650
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3650
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Save the Date

1 Real Wedding

• 31 Catherine Street, 3rd Floor, Shillington, PA, 19607 See on map
    Location of (Carrie Kizuka Photography, LLC)