Post Office Box 3069, Statesboro, GA 30459 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Carrie J Events

Carrie J Events is a premier wedding-planning business based in Statesboro, Georgia, that creates timelessly elegant wedding events. Boasting over a decade of experience, owner Carrie Hicks devotes her talent for organization and design to couples getting married. Passionate about weddings, Carrie rejoices at every opportunity to help newlyweds celebrate their special occasion. Carrie enjoys planning intimate events and is fully focused on the to-be-weds and their unique vision, ensuring that every wedding is seamlessly executed.

Carrie J Events offers a selection of planning and decor packages for all manner of weddings and private parties. Carrie’s full-service planning collection includes everything required to organize a stress-free day, from budget analysis and timeline creation to day-of coordination. Additional services include bespoke event styling, decor rentals, and paper goods.

Follow Carrie J Events on
f64c92002e94d232 1526198257 fa64047e1fca6eb3 1526198256 1acb3b3c88b74024 152619

2 Reviews for Carrie J Events

Susan Meyer · Married on 10/17/2020

Horrible Coordinator

When my daughter got engaged I had zero intentions of hiring a coordinator. But I began to think that I would much rather spend the day focusing on her than worrying about when the caterer was arriving. We interviewed several and decided on Carrie...worst mistake ever!

This is the worst excuse for a wedding coordinator that I have ever met! She almost ruined my daughters wedding. My first sign should have been when she was almost an hour late to visit the venue. She swore it would never happen again and that she would make it right. Excuse after excuse and promise after promise that it wouldn’t happen again. As the date got closer I requested weekly updates. I had to contact her to get them. I had to request phone calls. I gave her a list of changes to make to our spreadsheet and on the next update none of the changes were made! Numerous vendors contacted us and never even knew we had a coordinator! Her favorite excuse was “the email was stuck in her outbox”...oh please! She has zero attention to detail and is definitely in the wrong business! A week before the wedding I had to fire her! I fired her at noon on a Thursday and she sends all my vendors an updated timeline at 8pm the same night...are you kidding me? I told her I wanted my money back or would take legal action against her since she failed miserably and did not fulfill her end of the contract...well she apparently spent the money I paid her to set up and clean up and said there was no need for legal action but she needs 30 days to pay me back! I had to pay someone else and didn’t have the luxury to wait 30 days!

Do yourself a favor and do not put yourself through what we went through with her. The time that my daughter and I should have been excited and eager for the upcoming date turned into nothing but stress and anxiety. My daughter cried many nights over Carrie’s sorry excuses and mistakes. A wedding is one of the most important events in someone’s life and Carrie is lazy, sloppy and has zero attention to detail.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Carrie J Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 800
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 3000
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 50
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Destination
    Elopement
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Carrie J Events 1
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Tanis J Events, LLC Wedding Decor & Lighting

Carrie J contracted us to provide ceiling draping for her wedding clients. We are located in Charleston but were heading through Savannah shortly after she contacted us & she was willing to meet with us on a weekend so we could do a site visit, which is very important for ceiling draping. When the client changed her mind a week before the wedding about the design and color of fabric Carrie was apologetic & said she understood if we couldn't change. Fortunately we were able to. She was onsite as promised when we arrived, which we greatly appreciated as it was a new venue to us and the staff hadn't cleaned and cleared the room as promised, making set up very challenging. We were extremely pleased with how well our draping went with all the other décor that Carrie had selected with her clients and the photos turned out amazing. We would happily return to Savannah to work with Carrie J Events again.

• Post Office Box 3069 Statesboro, GA, 30459 See on map
    912-575-5731 (Phone number)
    By Appointment
    Location of (Carrie J Events)