Post Office Box 3069, Statesboro, GA 30459 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Carrie J Events

Carrie J Events is a premier wedding-planning business based in Statesboro, Georgia, that creates timelessly elegant wedding events. Boasting over a decade of experience, owner Carrie Hicks devotes her talent for organization and design to couples getting married. Passionate about weddings, Carrie rejoices at every opportunity to help newlyweds celebrate their special occasion. Carrie enjoys planning intimate events and is fully focused on the to-be-weds and their unique vision, ensuring that every wedding is seamlessly executed.

Carrie J Events offers a selection of planning and decor packages for all manner of weddings and private parties. Carrie’s full-service planning collection includes everything required to organize a stress-free day, from budget analysis and timeline creation to day-of coordination. Additional services include bespoke event styling, decor rentals, and paper goods.

Follow Carrie J Events on

3 Reviews for Carrie J Events

• Scottie

Scottie H. · Married on 10/31/2020

Horrible wedding planner/coordinator

When my husband and I decided to get married we searched and interviewed several planners and coordinators but none of them seemed to understand our themed wedding until we interviewed Carrie. In the beginning she made us think we finally found that one person that gets us. We were having a Halloween wedding but not the typical ghosts and goblins but more the dark mystery romance masquerade style. During our consultation via phone due to COVID-19 we explained our expectations and painted the most detailed dream wedding for her. This is when she assured us we had nothing to worry about she loved themed weddings and it was going to be perfect. Unbeknownst to us it did not turn out that way. Little by little we were starting to see trends of not being able to get her on the phone, or returning our emails, requesting information and never receiving a response. She stated multiple times that she meant to send the email but it was “stuck in” her outbox. I’m no expert but once you hit send on the email it goes out to the person in the (to) section. This was on multiple things from my wedding dress details, to the alcohol license and liability insurance and paperwork for the venue requirements. We put so much time and effort into her that when we were ~45 days to our date and still didn’t have a caterer. I sent her info to contact vendors and she never did. We had three in person meetings to go over the plans for our day and each meeting was like ground hogs day. She spoke about the same things each time but never produced anything. We at one point 45 to the date sent her a letter firing her for non performance. Before that email we sent a detailed explanation of the information and details she had wrong that were major concerns for us. Things like the date and time of the wedding, the address to the venue. We paid for full services and we promised so many things we never received. We gave ample time for a response. It was a week later after we sent the second email she finally replied to the first one like she hadn’t seen them both. It was extremely odd. We never heard from her via phone until speaking with the venue owner who suggested we call her even though the email was sent because she was continuing to contact her about recommendations as if she wasn’t fired or didn’t have a clue. Once my husband finally spoke with her we decided to give her a second chance due to the fact she promised to adjust our remaking balance and decor pricing and would make up for her “assistant” messing things up. Never even knew she had an assistant! Fast forward to day of. So many details were missed or left out by her. Every detail that brought everything together as a whole was left out. She was given all the masks for the wedding party and failed to give the guys all of theirs during preceding photos for the guys. I had no idea what my bouquet or wedding party bouquets looked like until I walked down the aisle. They were not what we had discussed at all. My mother in law was not even escorted down to her seat. Our unity sand set she had the entire box but for some reason she placed a make shift funnel made of paper and paper clips that didn’t even allow unity pouring when she clearly had the specific funnel in the box. She failed to send the license and liability information regarding alcohol being served to the venue owner which caused a huge problem causing me to miss out on the majority of my reception. She was extremely rude to my guests to the point they began to leave the reception before we even got to the cake cutting or anything. One of my guests over heard her saying she wasn’t worried about the alcohol being allowed or not because her daughter was there and she didn’t agree with it anyway. She was the one that was supposed to make sangria for my guests and never did. Which at that point she wouldn’t even let us cut our cake she abruptly stood in the mix of the photographer and DJ video telling us not to cut the cake but only to insert the knife as if we were cutting it for the pictures. I was so fed up with her at this point I literally looked at her and said move I know how to cut a cake. Once we sliced into it she then took the knife out our hand stripping us of that experience. Although my wedding was beautiful she ruined it for us due to her lack of attention to detail and inability to correctly send emails or maintain open communication lines. She never adjusted her contract price like she promised, purchased Costco or grocery store flowers that were nothing like we discussed waiting until I walked down the aisle to see them cause she knew I wouldn’t create a fuss at that point. Even though she never adjusted her price she was paid in full before our day. We wouldn’t recommend her services to anyone.

Sent on 12/03/2020

Susan M. · Married on 10/17/2020

Horrible Coordinator

When my daughter got engaged I had zero intentions of hiring a coordinator. But I began to think that I would much rather spend the day focusing on her than worrying about when the caterer was arriving. We interviewed several and decided on Carrie...worst mistake ever!

This is the worst excuse for a wedding coordinator that I have ever met! She almost ruined my daughters wedding. My first sign should have been when she was almost an hour late to visit the venue. She swore it would never happen again and that she would make it right. Excuse after excuse and promise after promise that it wouldn’t happen again. As the date got closer I requested weekly updates. I had to contact her to get them. I had to request phone calls. I gave her a list of changes to make to our spreadsheet and on the next update none of the changes were made! Numerous vendors contacted us and never even knew we had a coordinator! Her favorite excuse was “the email was stuck in her outbox”...oh please! She has zero attention to detail and is definitely in the wrong business! A week before the wedding I had to fire her! I fired her at noon on a Thursday and she sends all my vendors an updated timeline at 8pm the same night...are you kidding me? I told her I wanted my money back or would take legal action against her since she failed miserably and did not fulfill her end of the contract...well she apparently spent the money I paid her to set up and clean up and said there was no need for legal action but she needs 30 days to pay me back! I had to pay someone else and didn’t have the luxury to wait 30 days!

Do yourself a favor and do not put yourself through what we went through with her. The time that my daughter and I should have been excited and eager for the upcoming date turned into nothing but stress and anxiety. My daughter cried many nights over Carrie’s sorry excuses and mistakes. A wedding is one of the most important events in someone’s life and Carrie is lazy, sloppy and has zero attention to detail.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Carrie J Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 800
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 3000
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 50
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Destination
    Elopement
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Carrie J Events 1
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Tanis J Events, LLC Wedding Decor & Lighting

Carrie J contracted us to provide ceiling draping for her wedding clients. We are located in Charleston but were heading through Savannah shortly after she contacted us & she was willing to meet with us on a weekend so we could do a site visit, which is very important for ceiling draping. When the client changed her mind a week before the wedding about the design and color of fabric Carrie was apologetic & said she understood if we couldn't change. Fortunately we were able to. She was onsite as promised when we arrived, which we greatly appreciated as it was a new venue to us and the staff hadn't cleaned and cleared the room as promised, making set up very challenging. We were extremely pleased with how well our draping went with all the other décor that Carrie had selected with her clients and the photos turned out amazing. We would happily return to Savannah to work with Carrie J Events again.

• Post Office Box 3069 Statesboro, GA, 30459 See on map
    912-575-5731 (Phone number)
    By Appointment
    Location of (Carrie J Events)