2 Joslin Rd, Milford, NH 03055 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $2,300
Availability Check your date

About Carlen Images

I began creating wedding photography over twenty years ago, and have seen many changes in the industry, mostly in the transition from film to digital. I love the endless creative possibilities afforded by digital imagery, but the discipline and background in film photography is an invaluable quality in today's market.

I have expanded my services into portraits of families, high school seniors, and children. My portraits are mostly an outdoor, "natural light" style, but sometimes additional lighting is used to enhance the image. I try hard to incorporate the landscape into my wedding and portrait images, which I believe creates my unique style and sets me apart from many photographers.

I have been able to greatly improve my knowledge and skills since having the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and creative photographers in New England and across the country as a member of the NHPPA (NH Professional Photographers Association), PPANE (Professional Photographers of New England), as well as PPA (Professional Photographers of America). Several times during the year, I attend professional photographic workshops throughout New England and beyond, where I further my skills and expertise.

I have been designated as a Certified Professional Photographer through the PPA. This involves an extensive written test to show technical and artistic knowledge, as well as an image portfolio submission to illustrate the same knowledge. Only 3% of photographers are designated as a CPP. Most recently, in 2016, I received the Master Of Photography Degree from PPA, which is achieved through print competition awards, ongoing education, and service to the association.

Follow Carlen Images on

Carlen Images 2
Carlen Images 3

Danielle Macdougall · Married on 08/04/2018

3 weddings, 1 family

After seeing the work that Jim did for both of my sisters weddings, I knew who would be my wedding photographer. Jim was very personable and got all of the shots that we wanted while adding some great ones of his own. If you're looking for a wedding photographer, look no further.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Carlen Images's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle. We had a great time sharing your big day, and it has been a pleasure working with your entire family!

Jim · Married on 09/16/2017

Carlen Images provided truly professional and superior service from start to finish.

During our search for a photographer, we quickly learned the difference between having an experienced and dedicated photographer versus someone who merely owns a camera. Jim's portfolio of previous work, his approach to his work, and his incredible rapport impressed us from the start. After meeting with him, and then a few others, we ran to our phone to book him before someone else stole the date from us.

The variety in the packages and a la carte items gives you the flexibility to find what suits your needs and expectations. We opted to add getting the hi-res files of all the photos - well worth it!

Let's talk about the Big Day. We never would have imagined that there's so many things going on at once. It was clear from the start that we never had to worry about our photographer getting the photos and scenes that we wanted to capture. Jim knew where to be and when. He set the scene and lighting in every shot to perfection. We always felt like Jim was capturing our moment, as opposed to a photographer trying to force his/her vision upon us.

After our wedding was over, the superior service never diminished. Before we knew it, we were able to view our gallery of photos online to pick our favorites for our album, as well as to make prints.

The bottom line is that Carlen Images met and surpassed our expectations for capturing our special day. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Scoop him up before someone else does!

PS - the groom wrote this, who does not enjoy writing reviews - I was simply THAT impressed. Good luck in planning your special day!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Eric · Married on 06/03/2017

The experience that we had working with Carlen Images was professional from beginning to the very end. Both Jim and his daughter Saralyn were engaged in our creative desires for capturing the images of our wedding day. They worked tirelessly to ensure that we captured the tender, the funny, the beautifyl and the unique moments of the entire day. I would highly recommend his services to any couples, graduates, families or anyone looking for quality, artistic excellence and just a nice person to partner with for a special occasion.

Sent on 11/30/2017
    Carlen Images 4
    Carlen Images 5
    Carlen Images 6

Carlen Images FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Custom Graphics, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,300.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Custom Graphics, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

• DoubleTree by Hilton Nashua
    DoubleTree by Hilton Nashua Hotel Weddings

Jim is a dream to work with! Everything is seamless with him! Highly recommend to your wedding or engagement shoots!

• 2 Joslin Rd Milford, 03055 See on map
    603-673-1274 (Phone number)
    603-620-1274 (Other Phone Number)