Calligraphette & Co.

Washington, DC View map

Calligraphette & Co. is a unique design studio based out Arlington, Virginia that specializes in wedding invitations and paper goods. Nika Smernoff, the owner and lead calligrapher behind this creative business, uses a French-inspired design aesthetic from her years living in France. She loves guiding couples all over the Washington, D.C. area through their planning process. Calligraphette & Co. looks forward to your wedding stationary being an unforgettable, collaborative experience.

Nika specializes in a style that’s a blend of modern and traditional, with an emphasis on blues, whites, and greenery. She does full-service stationery design, from save the dates on handmade paper, to oyster shell place cards. Her goal is to “wow” you and your guests with color, texture, calligraphy, and type. Nika will bring your vision to life, and ensure that your invitations reflect your individual personality and style. In addition to designing custom invitations, she also offers the following:

• Menus
  • Place cards
  • Programs
  • RSVP cards
  • Save the dates
  • Thank-you cards

Other Services
Calligraphette & Co. offers simple, yet elegant, semi-custom wedding invitations inspired by the four elements of earth, wind, air, and fire. They're perfect for the couple looking for something modern, made locally, and with a quick turnaround time. If you prefer something completely custom, you can set up an in-person consultation with Nika. Her services include:

• Addressing
  • Foil-stamped
  • Letterpress
  • Printing
  • Shipping

What invitation and card products do you offer?

Custom Invitations
Menus
Place Cards
Programs
RSVP Cards
Save the Dates

What services do you provide?

Addressing
Shipping

• Lauren
    Lauren Married on 05/21/2021

Artful Expert

Stop reading my review and hire Nika now. There aren't enough characters to describe how much of an impact hiring Calligraphette & Co. had on our wedding and subsequent memories. My husband and I were a covid couple; quickly pivoting from our large wedding in NC to a parents-only elopement in DC in the matter of a few weeks I only had a short runway to pull together the most important day of our lives. Having artifacts that we not only had to keep but wanted to look at for decades to come was crucial to us, and I can honestly say my husband and I agree that Nika's work are now permanent installations in our home. Wedding paper is much more than invitations - which are INCREDIBLE thanks to Nika, but her creative recommendations for real oranges as placecards, personalized and hand calligraphed vow books, a hand painted bottle of champagne, and morning-of letters in a fine art style were wonderful recommendations. Since moving into our new home our framed vow books, morning of letters and painted bottle are staples in our home consistently reminding us of our favorite day. I came to the table with somewhat of a clear vision. I wanted lots of color with classic elements that brought to life mine and my husbands styles. Nika perfectly suggested and brought to life my exact perfect vision. I couldn't recommend Nika more. She was thoughtful and informed in her paper and ink recommendations and even throughout to connect with our florist on the specific flowers she would leverage in our custom envelope liners. Seeing all of our custom paper and orange place settings for the first time is a memory from our wedding weekend I'll never forget. She sets the bar high, is professional and knowledgeable while making you feel like you've been BFFs forever.

Calligraphette & Co.'s reply:

LAUREN! I can't tell you how many times I read this, just absolutely beaming. You were an absolute dream to work with, starting with your beautiful creative ideas and amazingly sunny attitude. I feel so lucky to have been able to work with you, and it means the world to me that you treasure the pieces we collaborated on. You'll always have a special place in my heart as a fellow covid eloper! XO.
  • Angelica
    Angelica Married on 05/12/2018

Paper Perfection!

Nika's ability to create and amaze with her paper pieces is wonderful! Working with her hands is absolutely her strength and her willingness to push the limits, work with her clients, and create beautiful pieces of art for them is glorious. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Pricing

Calligraphette & Co. Price Rates

Washington, DC, 22209
202-770-1663
Location of (Calligraphette & Co.)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding