By Sandy Mendez

Playa del Carmen, MX View map

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Hi! I'm Sandy Mendez, founder and CEO of BY SANDY MENDEZ. Thank you so much to pop in!

In BY SANDY MENDEZ we offer professional bridal hairstyling and makeup services thorughout all the Riviera Maya area including: Isla Holbox, Cancun, Playa Mujeres, Costa Mujeres, Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Punta Maroma, Punta Venado, Xpu ha, Akumal, Puerto Aventuras, Tulum, Siann Kaan, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Merida, Valladolid, among others. For other locations in Mexico or around the world, we are available to travel.

A little about Sandy: My experience comes from being a former graduate from Beauty School in 2007, student to numerous hair and makeup workshops and more than 10 years of experience in destination weddings and film/photography productions. My core values include professionalism, customer service and satisfaction as well as empathy and respect.

Our mantra: "We will love to be part of your wedding day and make you feel beautiful, supported and loved!"

About our kit: we use high-quality long-lasting products, high-definition airbrush makeup, and anti-humidity hair products. We are currently transitioning to using all vegan and cruelty-free products.

• Bridal Makeup and/or Hairstyling services.
  • Bridal Trial Makeup and/or Hairstyling services.
  • Makeup and/or Hairstyling services for wedding guests, bridesmaids, MOTB, MOTG, bridal party.
  • Extra time touch ups and/or hair/makeup changes.
  • Makeup and/or Hairstyling services for Film or Photography productions and/or shoots.
  • Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

Does makeup price include false lashes?

Which of the following are included in prices?

Assistant Fee
Consultation
Travel Fee

What beauty services do you offer?

Body Art
Consultations
Men's Grooming

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Extensions
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup

Message vendor

• Lauren
    Lauren H. Married on 11/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A Wedding Day *Must Have* Vendor!

Sandy was very professional in her work and made our day amazing. She worked in a last minute gal and made the experience refreshing. Sandy was very encouraging and prompt in all her work, and gave us all great attention!
    Lacey Married on 10/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hire Sandy and her team! No regrets!

I felt absolutely amazing on my wedding day. I did a trial the day before and honestly didn't even need to do that. Sandy was amazing! Everyone was so happy with their hair and makeup. We had Geni doing makeup and an additional artist who I didn't get their name. My hair stayed all night, soft Hollywood glam waves. I also paid for touch ups to do during cocktail hour quickly as our first look was at 2PM but first dance wasn't until 6:20PM. So I wanted to make sure I was able to get a quick touch up. I had clip in extensions that Sandy cut for me during my trial so they looked natural and were able to be styled perfectly. I can be picky with my hair and makeup and I do not have one bad thing to say. Do not hesitate and book Sandy!
  • Brianna
    Brianna C. Married on 08/16/2022

they are amazing!

SANDY AND HER TEAM ARE AMAZING! I highly recommend them for your wedding day. They are so professional and made us feel so beautiful. They took our inspo look, followed our direction and made it happen. I am beyond happy with her service. Both myself, and my bridesmaids looked absolutely beautiful! She also took care of hair and makeup for my mom, mother in law, and two sisters. We could have not been happier with her and her services. I also highly recommend adding the extra time for her to stay with you for touch-ups up until the reception. Not only did they powder me, but they touched up the girls and the groom. He was sweating like crazy!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Playa del Carmen Playa del Carmen, MX, 77723
Location of (By Sandy Mendez)

Other vendors in Eastern Mexico for your wedding