1607 Ponce de Leon Blvd Suite 106, Miami, FL 33134 Map · Phone number

About By Design Jewelers

By Design Jewelers specializes in custom designed fine jewelry made in platinum, white, yellow and rose gold. Each piece of jewelry uses the highest quality in diamond, pearl, precious and semi-precious gemstones.

By Design Jewelers invites the customer to view its original creations or work with its designers, Erik Lopez & Gaye Luaces, in designing a piece of fine jewelry. Our jewelry is a product of good design, quality materials and excellent workmanship. Each piece is a labor of love with scrupulous attention given to every element. Hours are spent deciding on the appropriate scale and proportions. Every gem is carefully selected and matched. Every surface is meticulously finished, every stone is perfectly set.

By Design Jewelers began its operation in Coral Gables, Florida in 1986 under the direction of jewelry and interior designer Gaye Luaces. In 2003 Gaye's son, Erik Lopez, with two decades of design experience, joined the family business and 2008 became the Creative Director and Chief Executive Officer. By Design Jewelers opened an additional jewelry viewing salon in Valle Crucis, North Carolina that is run by Gaye and Frank Luaces at the Inn at Little Pond Farm.

aquamarine donut velos
img048
img044
common prong with 70cts each ret3800
By Design Jewelers
common bead bright cut edge cones
img119
kunzite 1 58 ct dia 70 cts ret125
aquamarine donut velos

5 Reviews for By Design Jewelers

Kristyn · Married on 10/25/2014

By Design Jewelers is the best! Erik truly is an artist and a master of his craft. My fiance and him designed and created a one-of-a-kind truly stunning engagement ring and I couldn't be happier! I still stare and smile at it each and every day. What makes my ring unique is that he hand engraved the band to give it a vintage inspired look which is somewhat out of his ordinary style. Hand engraving is a dying art and impossible to find in South Florida, which is a testament to the history and commitment of being a tried and true jeweler . I am truly honored (and obviously loved) to wear this on my hand each and every day and get complemented regularly!

His new store has an incredible selection of jewelry and is right in the heart of Coral Gables - go take a look! Shop responsibly and support a local business!

Thank you Erik and By Design Jewelers for being the best!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Joanne · Married on 09/06/2014

By Design Jewelers has the most beautiful jewelry! The customer service is excellent and they were very helpful. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Erin · Married on 04/12/2014

I loved working with By Design Jewelers and Erik and I absolutely love my rings! My fiance had worked with By Design to customize my engagement ring, which is beautiful!!, so we contacted Erik to do our wedding bands. He gave us great advice on material and design, and recommended what would work best for us within our budget. My fiance got a shamrock engraved on the inside of his band along with our names and the details came out perfectly! I loved my band so much, which matched my engagement ring, I bought two! My husband also purchased diamond earrings for me from Erik as my wedding gift and they too are stunning!! I feel like everything sparkles when I wear it all together and it coordinates perfectly! He made the process so easy and stress-free!

Sent on 04/23/2014

By Design Jewelers FAQ

• Which of the following services do you offer? Appraisal, Cleaning, Ring Sizing
  • What kind of jewelry do you offer? Custom Engagement Rings, Custom Wedding Bands, Designer Engagement Rings, Designer Wedding Bands, Handcrafted, Ring Setting
  • What is your average turnaround time for an engagement ring? 3-4 weeks