Crownsville, MD 21032 Map · Phone number

img1300

13 Reviews for Bowl of Cherries

Laura Ratz · Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic!

The food was delicious. Sometimes wedding food is kind of blah, but Barb did a great job. She was really easy to work with, and her staff did a great job on our wedding day. Can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Holly · Married on 09/08/2018

Barb catered our wedding at the Annapolis Maritime Museum and we could have not had our perfect day without her help! Not only did she create a fantastic menu that had all our guests raving, but her experience with the venue and other local vendors was absolutely invaluable. For anyone looking for a truly great wedding experience brought to you by true professionals, look no further!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Melissa · Married on 12/02/2017

Barb catered my December reception at the Annapolis Maritime Museum. The Museum provides a list of their preferred caterers and after some research, narrowed it down to the ones that seemed most geared to my tastes and budget, with a preference for the small and local options. I reached out to a few, and Barb was instantly responsive and sent over several sample menus. I was impressed with her proactiveness and after exchanging a few emails, felt she was the one. I could not have made a better decision!

Barb struck the perfect balance of providing me with enough of her own ideas but also listening to my tastes and preferences to come up with the perfect menu for our event. She also met with my parents and me to walk through the venue and show us how she envisioned everything being set up. As we got closer to the date, she held a tasting at her house for my husband, his family, and me so we could try everything on the menu. Unsurprisingly, it was all delicious and I don't know that we made a single change after that!

We wanted a healthy, fresh menu with a local flair that was also seasonal, so some highlights included: crab dip; a raw bar; rockfish; steak; tons of roasted vegetables; a butternut squash, arugula, and quinoa salad; and a hot chocolate/coffee bar! My only regret from my event is that I never had the opportunity to check out the appetizer and dessert spread as I was too busy chatting with guests but these got rave reviews. I really did not want the food to feel like standard wedding fare and Barb really accomplished this -- my plate of food felt like it was cooked just for me, not for 130 other people.

Beyond just the food, Barb also was "basically a wedding planner" to use my husband's words. She coordinated the rental equipment, advised us on alcohol amounts, brought all the mixers, helped us with our timeline, and generally made us feel at ease during a stressful time. I highly recommend Barb and her team to cater your next event!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Bowl of Cherries's reply:

Thank you Melissa! It was my pleasure to work with you and Woody and your families - I loved it!! I wish you two many years of wedded bliss ❤️ barb

Bowl of Cherries FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 65.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 65.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 66.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?
    $ 35.00
    China
    Linens
    Flatware
    Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 12.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    House Liquor
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
  • What event services do you provide?
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Breakfast / Brunch
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tapas
    Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    American
    Local
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Nut Free
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Liquor License
    House Liquor
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware
    China
    Chocolate Fountain
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens

• Rocklands Farm & Winery
    Rocklands Farm & Winery Barn & Farm Weddings

The team with Bowl of Cherries is to be highly commended! They recently catered a wedding here at Rocklands Farm, and it was magical! Thanks to Barb for all the details in planning. She came to our property on several occasions to make sure everything was covered. She was very thoughtful when planning the delivery of tables, chairs, linens, china (etc!). She and her team cared for my venue as if it were their own. Even though the weather was dreary, their team made the event shine! Thanks so this great team from Bowl of Cherries!

• Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park
    Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park Museum Weddings

We love when Barb and her Bowl of Cherries staff is at the museum! Clients love her creativity and presentation, and we appreciate all of the unique ideas she brings to the table. She is great about working within clients' budgets, and we refer a lot of business to her. She is a great friend to the Annapolis Maritime Museum!

• Crownsville, 21032 See on map