438 Main Road, Westport, MA 02790 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 31
  • Pricing

About Bittersweet Farm

Bittersweet Farm is a wedding venue located in Westport, Massachusetts that is situated on a 29-acre farm dating back to the 1920s. With an elegant country atmosphere and a picturesque location, this venue is perfect for a rustic wedding.

Facilities and Capacity
Bittersweet Farm has many event spaces that are the ideal backdrop for all your wedding celebrations. The Gazebo is placed in the middle of stone-lined meadows and is a beautiful ceremony location. The Main Dining Room and Balcony is a stunning reception area that accommodates 175 guests. The Great Loft is a private space for smaller wedding events of up to 60 guests. The farm also has an outdoor patio that is a casual location for your cocktail hour.

This venue utilizes modern amenities to give guests a comfortable experience as they take in the breathtaking surroundings. The following services will also be provided for couples:

• Professional event manager
  • One bartender per 100 guests
  • Ivory or white floor length linens and napkins
  • Complimentary food tasting for the couple
  • On-site parking
  • Portable heaters for patio
  • Additional rentals
  • Vendor suggestions

Cuisine
Bittersweet Farm offers all-inclusive wedding packages as well as customized seasonal and local menus. Their menus include passed hors d’oeuvres, stationary appetizers, entrees, late night snacks and cocktails.

Follow Bittersweet Farm on

Bittersweet Farm 7
  • Kc&do

Kerri · Married on 08/18/2019

Top Notch Venue

Our coordinator Carla went above and beyond on our wedding day. I was able to arrive earlier then scheduled to be able to get ready onsite. She made sure all my D.I.Y items were in place and excluded the day beautiful. The venue looked beautiful all vendors were in place.

Sent on 08/25/2019
    Bittersweet Farm 8
    Bittersweet Farm 9
  • Becca

Becca Falvey · Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Reception

Where do I begin? Our wedding reception was what all our dreams were made of and more. The team at Bittersweet was excellent – responsive, precise, professional, accommodating and down to earth. One thing that is absolutely fantastic about Bittersweet Farm is how clear and seamless their process is once you choose them. We had looked at a few other venues but nothing compared to how transparent Bittersweet Farm was/is – their packages are easy to understand, reasonable and not to mention the food is absolutely delicious. Our guests still rave about the raw bar and their main courses. Also, Carla made sure my husband and I as well as our bridal party had appetizers and drinks throughout the cocktail hour as we were taking photos. She checked on my husband and I as well as our families frequently throughout the evening which is something you often don’t find with venues from what I’ve seen and heard.

Carla did wonderful assisting us throughout the process and she worked so well with my wedding planner maintaining contact with her without me ever needing to initiate (as well as our other vendors). I had a very specific vision for our wedding and the team at Bittersweet Farm did not flinch throughout the planning process. I am also somewhat of a perfectionist and I can honestly say Carla made me feel heard and at ease – I loved being able to text her with any questions or concerns at any hour. They worked so well with the vendors to bring my vision to life - I was speechless when I walked into the reception for the first time.

In terms of the atmosphere, the grounds at Bittersweet are beautifully maintained. The reception was one hell of a party (I specifically love that they offer 6 hours for reception – most venues are 5 hours with extra costs if you want your wedding to be longer). The team was with us right up until the end of the wedding and beyond midnight. I cannot say enough about how fantastic our wedding day was and we have absolutely no complaints – they exceeded our expectations. We are so thankful that we had such a beautiful wedding day thanks to Bittersweet Farm.

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Bittersweet Farm 10

Bittersweet Farm Pricing

Bittersweet Farm Price Rates

Bittersweet Farm FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 800.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 800.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 15.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Barn, Farm/Ranch, Loft, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? August, September, October, November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April

• 438 Main Road Westport, MA, 02790 See on map