705 Woodlands Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22901 Map · Phone number
  • Photos
  • Real Weddings 2

About Bethany Snyder Photography

I believe in magic, I really do. It doesn't only exist in fantasy and childhood dreams; it is conceived in every single moment, even the ones we normally consider “ordinary.” It is my belief that there is no such thing as mundane. Every single breath is precious.

The vision behind my photography is to capture the magic in those moments not only with an artistic eye, but also with the intention of documenting everything just as it was, just as it was experienced. Sometimes the everyday subtleties get lost in our memories, and it's my passion to let not a single detail be forgotten. Photography can be used as a powerful tool to encompass presence. Now I beckon you to embark on this insane adventure of LIFE with me. Join me for a day, then have these images to look back on, breathing the past back to life again, encouraging presence in the present.

A bit about me : I am first and foremost a wife, a mother, and a lover of anything that bears the fingerprints of life. I'm a nature enthusiast, passionate about being silly, a fierce friend. Friendship and human connection is more palpable to me than the skin we live in. Finding joy in the midst of every season of life is, I believe, what life is all about in the end.

I was home grown in Minnesota, and moved to Virginia with my husband in 2011 for school. It wasn’t long before we decided we loved it so much that we’d stay. Since then, we’ve grown our family here, with one 6 year old daughter who all about dinosaurs and space (Charis) and a new addition (Elowen), who is our daily breath of sunshine. Our family loves to hike about and stand in awe of mountains, as well as small bugs going about in their busy routines.

I have been photographing in Charlottesville and the surrounding areas since 2012. I have fallen in love with the people, the artsy culture, the warm pastries and fancy lattes. I have been taken captive by the Blue Ridge romance, the vineyard wines and the way that all of us who come here find in each other long lost friends. I feel immensely lucky to have hunkered into our little side of the mountain and have been able to start not only my family, but to fulfill my passion and dream of capturing your own magical moments.

Follow Bethany Snyder Photography on

Bethany Snyder Photography 6
Bethany Snyder Photography 7

Justine Weaver · Married on 02/09/2019

The Best Photographer!

Bethany was absolutely amazing to work with! We did both our engagement photos and wedding day photos with her, and were so impressed by her kindness, upbeat attitude, and creativity. Jason and I were both blown away by the quality of Bethany's photos (and her assistant's!) from our wedding day. We literally go through them all once a week (or more) and they make us so happy - I know we'll be looking over them with joy for years to come. I can't recommend Bethany highly enough - we loved working with her and would certainly do so again!

Sent on 03/30/2019

Julie · Married on 11/17/2018

Incredible!

I can't say enough wonderful things about our experience working with Bethany Snyder. From the first phone call, my fiance and I felt like we were in great hands. She helped us stay organized, answered any questions we had, and most importantly took beautiful photos that perfectly captured our whole day. We knew that she had our interests, our personalities, our vision for the day in mind and it was executed flawlessly! She captured all of the highlights and even the in between moments that give us a way to look back on our favorite memories as well as ones we didn't get to experience first hand. We have received so many compliments from friends and family regarding the finished product as well. I highly recommend Bethany and her team (we had a second photographer assist, Karis was phenomenal!). We felt confident and comfortable throughout the whole process and ended up with beautiful photographs.

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Bethany Snyder Photography 8
    Bethany Snyder Photography 9
    Bethany Snyder Photography 10
    Bethany Snyder Photography 11
  • Shiloah

Shiloah Horn · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing Experience- Incredible Photos

I am so glad we found Bethany Snyder to photograph our wedding. I don’t love being in front of the camera, so I was nervous that the photos wouldn’t turn out, but during the process of the wedding she was so personable and fun that it distracted me from my nerves and it ended up being one of the best parts of the wedding. We had a huge wedding party, and she was able to direct us all really well and that part went more smoothly than any other experience I’ve had with a Photographer trying to keep everyone in order. She was smiling and pleasant the whole time and didn’t get stressed like I’ve seen other photographers get in that situation. She also had the best ideas for the wedding shots, she was enthusiastic about taking different poses and also had great ideas for the places she we take them. So the experience was wonderful- but I still didn’t know how the photos would turn out- but then we got them and we were in awe, they were seriously the best wedding photos I could have imagined. Our expectations were so exceeded and now we have these amazing memories in frames and photo albums that we can show our grandchildren and be so proud of. Bethany Snyder is the best- you definitely want her shooting your wedding.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Award

Real Weddings

• The Faded Poppy
    The Faded Poppy Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure of working with Bethany on several occasions, her professionalism is top knotch but what makes her stand out from other photographers is her creativity and "wanderlust" style. If you love originality, artistry and can appreciate high quality photography Bethany is your perfect match! I highly recommended Bethany to all my brides.

• 705 Woodlands Rd Charlottesville, VA, 22901 See on map