beacon photo

Savannah, GA 31405 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Deals 2

About beacon photo

If you had asked me when I was young what I wanted to be when I grew up, it would not have been a photographer. I was born into a family of jewelers. I think from the time I was brought into this world they started teaching me to grade diamonds. When I was young, I remember standing with my grandfather behind the counter looking up through the glass of the showcases at people purchasing a gift or an engagement ring for the love of their life. I remember the smiles, the nervousness and the love that those pieces of jewelry represented. I remember that emotion.

After becoming a photographer, I realized that I spent most of my time trying to capture that same emotion that I witnessed as a child in every photograph. To better capture these moments, the moments between moments, I specialize in photojournalistic and candid photos. We are proud that we have had work featured in Savannah Magazine, Savannah Weddings Magazine & Atlanta Weddings Magazine.

My focus tends to be on details, making me able to meet the individual needs and wants of my clients. I am committed to making our time together exciting. Whether you schedule private portraits,engagement photos or a family session, or if you choose to spend your wedding day with me, I want you to have as much fun as I do!

I have had the pleasure to photograph a variety of occasions, including families in their homes, birthday parties, corporate events, recitals, engagement sessions and intimate family weddings. I have even spent an entire weekend with wedding parties photographing everything from the rehearsal to the reception, catching all the emotion that drives my love of photography and those moments that so often go unnoticed. I have learned a lot over the past 9 years shooting weddings such as being able to pretty much do any popular reception dance without watching other people. Also, I will most certainly cry at your ceremony.

Although I am based primarily out of Savannah, Georgia, I love to travel. I have shot weddings not only in my neighboring states but in New Orleans, Las Vegas, New York,, New Jersey, Virginia, Nebraska, Denver, Colorado Springs, Austin, San Francisco, Baltimore, New Hampshire & Massachusetts. I am always looking for new and innovative places to spur my creativity.

In order to better accommodate you, I have assembled a few of my friends who are fantastic and innovative photographers and videographers to be able to meet any need. If you notice that the date you are looking for is booked, don't hesitate to call me because I will do all that I can to fill your request.

Every session is priced differently according to travel time and products selected. Please see my investment page or contact me to get more detailed pricing.

I am a member of the Professional Photographers Of America (PPA) and was accepted to the elite NIKON PRO family.

Because I use professional grade Nikon equipment with back-ups, you don't have to worry. It's covered!

In the words of any good Baptist preacher, in closing…

This is not just a job to me. I wake up every morning in disbelief. I think that every bride I photograph on her wedding day is beautiful but not as beautiful as my bride. I am so thankful that Jessica Leigh Edde said "I DO" on December 11, 2011. My wife and I have been foster parents for 7 years. We adopted our son David on Valentine's Day 2017. We adopted our daughter Mary Della on 12/11/18 which was our 7th wedding anniversary. We are also in the process of adopting our little girl, Charlotte.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to browse through my portfolio and take a look at my facebook page to get a better idea if my style is right for you.

Talk to you soon!

beacon photo 5
beacon photo 6
beacon photo 7

Amanda · Married on 03/25/2018

Mike swooped in and saved the day for us when our original photographer was unable to proceed with our wedding date as we got closer. Aimee at Amanda Rose Weddings contacted him and he was happy to help us out. Our wedding week was a destination from Kansas City to Hilton Head Island and was very unseasonably cold...and rainy!
    Mike was great at being efficient outside in the cold, and still maintained a great product. The rain kept the family huddled under a park shelter until it was show time and he managed to capture the joy anyway.

Thanks, Mike for exhibiting the epitome of flexibility in just about every way you can think of! Our day was still special and one to remember.

beacon photo 8
    beacon photo 13
    beacon photo 14

Sarah-Kate · Married on 10/28/2017

Worth every penny!

Michael is a fantastic photographer and a great listener. He got wonderful moments and was super flexible about what we wanted. I wouldn’t hire anyone else to take my photos!

beacon photo 15

beacon photo Pricing

beacon photo Price Rates

beacon photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,750.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Save the Date
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• beacon photo 1
    -5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples
  • beacon photo 2
    $500 off any wedding package

If you book your wedding before 1/19/2019. You will receive $500 off any package.

• The Sound Guy Entertainment
    The Sound Guy Entertainment Wedding DJs

We had the pleasure of working with Michael and Beacon Photo on a wedding! They were so good to work with. As another vendor, it is always nice when you have cooperative people working around you! The pictures that he took were amazing and his work is absolutely stunning. He was always on the same page as us and in constant communication so that we could make the evening run smooth! It was such a pleasure working with him!

• Design Studio South
    Design Studio South Wedding Planners

Michael brings such an energy to each wedding he shoots! He is an absolute pleasure to work with and creates some of the most beautiful images we have seen! Beacon Photo would be a great choice for your wedding!

• VIP Entertainment, LLC
    VIP Entertainment, LLC Wedding DJs

We have had the pleasure of working with Michael of Beacon Photo at so many weddings that I can't keep up. There is a reason for this. They are considered one of the best in the low country. Michael and his team really care about their brides and it shows in the pictures. I am always amazed when I see the pictures. Great pics from the formal part and what I love is how they can get the fun pictures throughout the reception. Wow.... these guys know Photography!

• Savannah, Georgia, GA 31405 See on map