36256 The Bluffs Ave, Prairieville, LA 70769 Map · Phone number

About Ashley Toman- Harpist

Ashley Lancz Toman began playing harp and studying music at the age of 14 in Traverse City, Michigan. Three years later she was accepted to the prestigious Eastman School of Music where she earned both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in harp performance and served as a harp teaching assistant.

Ashley's career as a freelance harpist has taken her all over the United States. She performed twice daily as the harpist in residence at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan for five seasons. Her group Harptallica, a Metallica tribute, has toured extensively. The group is a harp duo committed to expanding the accessibility and audience of the instrument. With Harptallica, she has made performance appearances on the WGN-TV and FOX networks as well as on various radio stations throughout the country.

Since moving to Louisiana, Ashley has appeared with the Louisiana Philharmonic, and Baton Rouge Symphony. She has recorded with Ani DiFranco, and is the harpist seen and heard in the Tarantino film "Django Unchained."

Ashley maintains a busy freelance schedule, performing for numerous wedding ceremonies and other events all over southeastern Louisiana. She currently performs every Sunday during brunch at the National World War II Museum in New Orleans at the Stage Door Canteen.

She resides in Baton Rouge.

moi

11 Reviews for Ashley Toman- Harpist

• Joyce

Joyce Wheeler · Married on 10/18/2019

Classic yet Eclectic

Ashley was so easy to work with and a great asset to my vendor team. I was struggling with what to do with my ceremony music in my peristyle wedding and then I found Ashley. I sent feelers out all over the place trying to find someone that could accommodate our quirky selections and only Ashley fit the bill. She learned a couple extra songs just for us... Never Enough and then a Spirited Away song Always with me. She has a large list of songs she already knows and played them for our guests, they were all amazed. She can create magic, the wedding had the classy air from the harp, and still allowed for our individuality as a couple. I cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2017

Ashley was a highlight of our wedding. I had a specific song I have dreamed of walking down the aisle to since I was a teenager. She made it a reality and more beautiful than I had ever heard before. She truly made the ceremony magical and I couldn't imagine it any other way. She responds very quickly, extremely easy to work with, and affordable. My guest were in awe of her performance. If you want a magical touch to your wedding absolutely hire Ashley.

Sent on 11/26/2017

I always knew I wanted a harpist to play at my ceremony but Ashley was even better then I had imagined. All my wedding party was so impressed (she played The Beatles and Cat Power) and she fit so well with what I had always wanted for my ceremony. I'm very happy that I chose Ashley Toman to play at my wedding. :-)

Sent on 10/20/2013

Award

Ashley Toman- Harpist FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 273.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 302
    Ceremony Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Harp
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Learn New Songs
    Reception Music
    Rehearsal Dinner Music

• 36256 The Bluffs Ave Prairieville, 70769 See on map
    7349725045 (Other Phone Number)
    Can be reached by email 24/7 Phone or text message- Mon-Fri 9:30 am-5pm
    Location of (Ashley Toman- Harpist)