23919 Rosemont Ave., Denham Springs, LA 70726 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 4

About Hilda T. Gautier Britten, BayouHarpiste

As BayouHarpiste, I specialize in Weddings, Receptions, Religious Services, and Large Corporate & Social Events.
I will work diligently to understand your preferences to provide eloquent music for your celebration. I believe a customers' musical needs are of the utmost importance. I am committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of my musical business is from repeat customers and referrals. I welcome the opportunity to earn your musical trust. You deserve the best BayouHarpiste the music industry has to offer!

At the tender of three, my parents Mr. and Mrs. Marion and Brenda Love Gautier saw there was great musical talent lying dormant within me. The decision was made for me to begin my musical venture by studying piano at the age of three under Dr. Linda Achacioso. At age four, my talent was taken to a new utopia by beginning formal training on the harp at Louisiana State University with Dr. Hye Yun Chung Bennett. By age five, operatic studies with Dr. Ostraqeliea and Ninfa Caruso was a prevelent part of my musical studies. My dream was to become a concert harpist and opera singer.

God had a different plan. In 1990, hours after my mother's station wagon, affectionately called the "Harp Mobile", was stolen with my harp music inside, I performed theMalotte's Lord's Prayer before an audience of over 3000 campers at the Louisiana Baptist Youth Encampment. It was that transforming performance that erupted a new found passion, religious music. Rev. Charles T. Smith deemed my desire a reality and I became a part of the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church Music Ministry in 1990 at age 12. My passion to perform religious works was tested by transposing hymns, arranging hymns, and playing by ear. There were no African-American hymns manuscripted for harp. Shiloh is one of the leading African-American baptist churches in the nation with a full-time
African-American harpist on staff.

In 1996 I graduated from Capitol High School holding a 4.0 GPA. My academic achievements bestowed upon me the honor of Valedictorian. My passion to continue the study of the harp was furthered in educational music endeavors through The Juilliard School of Music, Louisiana State University, and the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music. I am one of an elite number of African-American classically trained harpists.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts in Music - Harp Performance.

I have become an accomplished classical, professional harpist having attained the following accolades:I have studied and performed across the length and breath of the United States as a solo, classical harpist for various United States dignitaries and symphonic orchestras.
I have also performed in various religious venues in the classical/religious realm. I have performed as principal or second chair harpist for the following symphonic orchestras:
Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra
Jackson Symphony Orchestra
Meridian Symphony Orchestra
Louisiana Youth Symphony
Louisiana Youth Orchestra,
World Youth Symphony Orchestra (Performed for The Olympics 1996 opening ceremony)
Interlochen Arts Camp
•Bayou Harp Society Member
•Susan McDonald Harp Competition Winner
•American Harp Society Competition Finalist
•Compose and Arrange Gospel Music compatible for the Classical Harp
•Staff Harpist, Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, Rev. Charles T. Smith, Pastor, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ministers of Music: Dr. Everrett G. Parker, Darryl Wright, and Maria J. Foster
LA State Senator Pat Irons
La State Senator William Jefferson
United States Senator Cleo Fields
United States Senator Mary Landrieu

•1996 Olympic Arts Festival (Opening Ceremony)
•Performances with the following icons/groups:
Dr. Margaret Pleasant Douroux
Pastor Carl A. Pierce, Sr.
V. Michael McKay
Albertina Walker
Pastor Joe Samuel Ratcliff, pastor of Brentwood Baptist Church
Pastor Kirby Jon Caldwell, pastor of Windsor Village United Methodist Church
Lecrecia Campbell
National Baptist Convention, Inc.
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
Gospel Music Workshop of America
Dr. Everrett G. Parker and the Louisiana State University Gospel Choir
The Moody Blues Band
Kim Fields, actress
Ron Bell, actor
Jaleel White, actor
Jessie Jackson, Jr.
•Religious Faith Performances: Baptist, Episcopalian, Methodist, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim
•Numerous Weddings, Funerals, Receptions, Religious Celebrations, solo recitals, chamber recitals, and other social events

I find encouragement, strength, and daily healing through the scriptures found in II Corinthians 4:7-9…..."But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed: we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed-"

12292010010
12292010011
12292010010
imga0001

Hilda T. Gautier Britten, BayouHarpiste FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Learn New Songs
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Harp
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music

4 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Hilda T. Gautier Britten, BayouHarpiste 1
    The Eternity Package
    The Eternity Package provides your choice of musical service(s): -Prelude music before funeral service -Music during wake -Baby Dedication Brunch/Luncheon/Dinner -Religious service -Hospice BayouHarpiste will grace your eternity needs with angelic harp music.
  • Hilda T. Gautier Britten, BayouHarpiste 2
    The Wedding Package
    The Wedding Package includes 30-45 minutes prelude music, ceremonial music of your choice, and 15-20 minutes postlude music.
  • Hilda T. Gautier Britten, BayouHarpiste 3
    The Bridal Package
    The Bridal Package includes your choice of musical service(s): -Engagement Party -Bachelorette Brunch/Luncheon/Dinner -Rehearsal Dinner -Tea time -Bridal requests not listed The service of your choice is available for 60 minutes, 120 minutes, and 150 minutes. BayouHarpiste will serenade your family and/or friends in the serene atmosphere of your choice.