Lexington, KY 40515 Map · Phone number

About Alumbra Photography

Alumbra Photography provides creative documentary style wedding photography in the U.S. and around the world! Photographers at Alumbra are bilingual (Spanish/English) and experienced photographic artists and photojournalists. Your smiles are our priority...during and after the wedding!

Bride and her groom are all smiles just minutes after their beach wedding ceremony in Costa Rica.
5a944232e117e85d 1237144739909 lb69
Alumbra Photography
A bride holds her tropical bouquet on the white beaches of Costa Rica just before walking down her...
A bride wanders through the rainforest on the way to her ceremony on the Costa Rican beach.
The groom and groomsmen show off their winter boutineers.
The groom and groomsmen show off their winter boutineers.
A bride throws her hand up in a victorious goodbye as she climbs in the car to drive off into the...
A winter wedding cake
A winter wedding cake
A bride sits by the pool at her lodge before her Costa Rica wedding.
A bride sits by the pool at her lodge before her Costa Rica wedding.
5a944232e117e85d 1237144739909 lb69

2 Reviews for Alumbra Photography

Bianca · Married on 02/22/2014

Alumbra (which I believe is now based in Northern Virginia) was amazing to work with -- really going above and beyond. I needed someone who was flexible and would lead me through the process.

Susannah was very helpful & professional before and during our intimate wedding, able to think on the fly and communicate her needs (to make the photos beautiful) clearly and gently. She really wants to know how to suit your taste & style, without giving up any of her own artistic integrity. Excellent photography, excellent experience.

Sent on 03/13/2014

mary · Married on 04/26/2012

Susannah (owner of Alumbra photography), has been my photographer for a lot of things (I did a semi-boudoir session, an engagement session, a baby belly session, and a newborn session with her in addition to photographing my wedding), and there's a reason I keep going back to her. She is amazing at her job, and an even more amazing person. All of her packages are reasonably priced, but you also get what you pay for, and that would be some of the best photographs around. Anyone can take pictures, but it's like she turns it into art. Prior to the wedding, she surprised my husband and I with a date night package in the mail, and it was such a thoughtful thing for someone to do for a couple with a new baby and getting ready for a wedding, and everything else that life throws at you. She's extremely prompt in having photos ready, and even went out of her way to have a few ready early so I could use one for my daughter's birth announcement and one of the wedding photos so my husband could get it posted on a famous sports website. On the day of the wedding, she brought me my favorite starbucks drink that she got from the questionnaire she had my husband and I fill out. Even though I answered the Starbucks question, I never thought anything of it, but it was still such another sweet surprise that she didn't have to do. Now how many photographers do that, really? Like I said, she's a wonderful person, and she has wonderful ideas for the photos she's taking, but she also listened to my ideas as well. When my husband and I did our engagement session, my husband was kind of weary at first because he thought it might be awkward having this photographer that he had never met before have him stand in all these poses, but when it was over, he was like, "that was actually kind of fun." It wasn't awkward at all, and she did make it feel as natural as possible, and I have the photos to prove it. I would give her way more than 5 stars if I could, but that's the maximum I'm allowed to give. As far as wedding photos are concerned, that's what you will have the rest of your life after the wedding is over, those are your memories, and that's what you should invest in when planning your wedding, and Susannah will make sure you have the best wedding photos. But as I mentioned before, she does other types of photography sessions as well, so really, she'll make sure you have the best photos, no matter what the reason.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Alumbra Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Custom Graphics, High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Proofs