722 Chukker Lane, Wichita, KS 67060 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $2,195
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Meet the Team

About Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment

Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment is a wedding DJ company based in Wichita, Kansas. We have been working with our couples to create one of a kind, personalized and fun wedding celebrations for the last 22 years. Ryan (the company owner and DJ/Master of Ceremonies) as well as Matt (DJ/Master of Ceremonies), help guide the couples throughout their planning process helping them to create an event that will reflect who they are, focusing on the couple’s style and personality. Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment’s professional emcee and DJ will create a reception that you and your guests will remember.

Follow Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment on

• Another Dimension
  • Althouse Sound
  • Signature DJ
  • DJ Carbon
photo credit lois elaine photographie 51 22709 161193235313203
Ceremony audio at Auburn Hills
Ceremony audio at Auburn Hills
Cheyenne with her guests!
Cheyenne with her guests!
Our ceremony audio at work
Our ceremony audio at work
What a great image of Sarah!
What a great image of Sarah!
Ryan doing what he loves!
Ryan doing what he loves!
photo credit lois elaine photographie 51 22709 161193235313203

77 Reviews for Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment

Jeff D. · Married on 12/31/2020

Wedding/Reception

Ryan is detail oriented and very thorough in the entire process from the initial interview to the end of the reception. Ryan made sure it was OUR day, just the way we wanted it to be. He was creative and flexible throughout the process. Ryan even created a special video for the father/daughter dance that captured the moment and will forever be remembered. I can't imagine a better DJ than Ryan. With so many choices, we are so glad we chose Ryan/Absolute Sound!

Sent on 01/17/2021

Hope L. · Married on 09/12/2020

Spectacular

Ryan is so awesome
    And we loved working with him! He had everyone dancing the whole night and everyone said they had a blast!

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Erin

Erin D. · Married on 08/08/2020

Do it! Do it!

If you are still looking for a DJ. Ryan is your guy! He had everything under control, our food vendor was running behind and he found us and switched the schedule so easily and our day ran so smooth. And the dance floor was full all night. He also has an amazing setup that doesn’t get in the way of photos if that’s something you’re concerned about!

Sent on 08/11/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1795.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2195.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 300.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Country
    Hip Hop
    Jazz
    Oldies
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Flat Screen
    Projector
    Uplighting

1 Real Wedding

Team of Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment

Ryan Funck

Ryan Funck

Owner/DJ/MC

"I strongly believe that in order for a client to select the right DJ/Master of Ceremonies, it is important that they take the time and go through the process of choosing the one that will be a perfect fit for them." Ryan Funck - Owner/DJ/MC

​I started my business nearly 22 years ago. In April of 1999, I combined a little bit of money, with a dream to build something that would give me the opportunity to use the gifts that I believe that God has given me.

I've always been a creative person. I wanted to find a career that I would absolutely love, and one where I would look forward to going to work every day. When I discovered that there were some who were actually able to make a career out of being a DJ, that immediately piqued my interest! I knew that would be something that would not only allow me to combine the passion that I have for music, but to also allow my personality to have a direct impact on my business as well. In short, I could be myself!

I had a friend who owned and operated a small mobile DJ business, and after spending some time with him during the summer of 1998, I went out and helped him with a wedding, and that night planted the seed for me, and confirmed that this was the direction that I wanted to go. I began creating a very primitive business plan (I say primitive, because at the time, I had no idea what I was getting myself into!), started purchasing equipment, and in May of 1999 I started Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment.

I'll be honest with you. At the time, this was the biggest undertaking that I had ever began, and while it was exciting for me to be starting something brand new, it was a little frightening as well! For the first 6-8 years, I'll be perfectly honest with you. I had NO idea what I was doing. I had no formal training, and no background in my "field". I thought that all I had to do was play good music that people would dance to, and that would be it. Easy right? That couldn't be further from the truth.

At that point, I had "8 years of experience", but it definitely wasn't "good" experience! I was a little bit lost, and a lot discouraged. It wasn't until I discovered that there were conferences, seminars, workshops, and performance training for Wedding DJ's and MC's, that things began to change in a dramatic way for me.

Since that time, I've worked tirelessly in building Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment into a very successful Wedding Entertainment business. In the summer of 2007, I took a very important step in elevating my company to the next level, and decided to quit my day job and make a full time career as a Wedding DJ and Master of Ceremonies. The amount of time that I needed to invest into each of my client's events began to grow, so between that, and my full time job, I was quickly running out of hours in the day. The side effect of that was the time that had left to spend with my family was quickly evaporating.

For myself and my family, my business, and my clients, it was the best decision that I could have made, as doing so gave me the opportunity to give the time and attention to my client's events, in order to help them have the wedding celebration that I believe that they deserve. Since that time, I haven't looked back. I'm having as much fun with this as I ever have, and I look forward to going to work each and every day, as I GET to work with couples as they plan a major milestone event in their lives, what more could I ask for out of my career?

If you are looking for something different on your wedding day, if you want someone who will be just as excited about it as you are, let's talk!

+ More Details
- Less Details
Matt Claxton

Matt Claxton

DJ/MC

​When I was a teenager, I spent many summers in rural South-Central Kansas farming. During these summers, I had a lot of time to listen to the radio as I made circles around a wheat field. It was during this point that I really began to fall in love with music. Shortly thereafter, I met Ryan helping coordinate technical needs at a local church. After getting to know each other, Ryan invited me to tag along to assist at a few weddings. With each wedding that I helped with, I knew that the love for music I had was preparing me for just this moment.

I began working with Ryan on most weekends, and have been with Absolute Sound now for over twelve years. I eventually worked into the role as a lead entertainer, and since then, my goal has always been to work with our couples to help make their reception one to remember. For me, it’s more than just setting up some equipment, making a few announcements and playing music. I believe that music is something that unites all of us; regardless of how bad we might think we dance (I’m in that boat for sure!).

After getting married in 2018, I gained a deeper appreciation for the wedding planning process. Now I can really understand that “wow” factor that we try to help create with each couple we work with, because Ryan was able help my wife Amanda and I to create that with our wedding! To this day, we still have guests talk about how much fun they had!

I’d love to talk about how we could make a memorable experience for you and your guests as well!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Darrin Hackney Photography Wedding Photographers

I'm always happy to hear that Absolute Sound DJ is at the wedding reception because that means they will let me know what's going on thru the night. Very professional and fun!

• Stems Wedding Florists

Ryan is the one DJ we trusted with my daughter's wedding. He is a true professional and completely committed to giving his clients the very best entertainment experience. I can not recommend him enough!

• Lola Jo Photo Design Wedding Photographers

Absolute Sound is one of our very favorite DJ companies in town! Ryan is a complete professional who ensures that the wedding reception flows perfectly so couples and families can relax and enjoy the party that they've spent months and months planning. His attention to detail is wonderful as he coordinates with all the other vendors to ensure that the reception events proceed as scheduled. Ryan's lighting services are gorgeous and we highly recommend these to brides to not only help set the mood in the room for the client and guests but to also provide a beautiful setting for the wedding photos as well.

• 722 Chukker Lane Wichita, KS, 67060 See on map
    3163042070 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (Absolute Sound DJ Entertainment)