San Jose, San Francisco, San Jose, CA 95123 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 28
  • Pricing

About Abel Soria Photography

Abel Soria Photography Formerly Special Memories is a San Jose, California-based photography company that specializes in capturing memories of wedding days. Abel has been photographing weddings since for over 20 years. He and his staff are dedicated to exceeding couples' expectations by going the extra mile to make sure couples specifications are met. Abel Soria Photography is here to provide wedding memories for you and your loved ones to cherish for a lifetime.

Abel Soria Photography uses a wide variety of photography styles when capturing wedding days, such as contemporary, natural, photojournalism and traditional. In order to preserve your whole love story, the staff is happy to offer engagement shoots prior to wedding day photography. Some of the other services Abel Soria Photography offers include:

• City Hall weddings
  • Destination weddings
  • High-Resolution images with print release
  • Liability insurance
  • Multiple locations
  • Second shooter
  • One event per day
  • Wedding portraits

Other Services
In addition to the above wedding-related services, Abel Soria Photography Formerly Special Memories offers couples a wide variety of photography items to choose from when receiving their wedding memories. These photography items include:

• City Hall weddings
  • Rehearsal coverage
  • Variety enlargements for wall decor
  • Classic and Flush mount albums

15 Reviews for Abel Soria Photography

1 User photo

Abel Soria Photography 1

Rich K · Getting married on 11/06/2019

Enthusiastic, and personable photographer with experience and attention to detail

Abel shot our wedding in 2018 on the O'Neill Catamaran in Santa Cruz, CA. The results were fantastic despite the challenging venue. We felt that the great outcome stemmed from Abel's relaxed and enthusiastic attitude. He's also quite personable which helped put us at ease for both the posed and candid shots. That was a game changer on the big day. I would definitely recommend Abel Soria Photography for anyone's engagement and wedding photos.

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • Chris

Chris Wing · Married on 04/07/2018

Effortless Quality!

My wife and I can’t say enough good things about Abel!

We married at the mission at Santa Clara University. Abel has shot there before, so he knew the best times, locations and angles to get the best photos.

The quality of his photos is outstanding. Everything is in focus, the composition is memorable, and his timing is impeccable. The church doesn’t allow flash, which makes the quality of his photos even more impressive.

Abel is very amiable and personable; it felt like he was one of our friends that we invited. He was pleasant with all the staff and guests. He always had a smile and a joke which made guests feel at ease.

We met with Abel three days before the wedding for a quick lesson on how to pose properly and to gameplan where we would take photos, the sequence they would be taken, etc. The posing lesson was invaluable (and easy). He also taught us some shorthand communication so that on the day of the wedding, he could simply make a discreet gesture and I immediately knew to tug my jacket down to get rid of the wrinkles. Smart!

He also acted as a bit of a coach. There is a lot of action happening on the wedding day, and it’s easy to be overwhelmed, but Abel knew when to jump in and remind me to do something or advise us on what he’s seen done at other weddings. His experience contributed greatly to making our special day feel effortless and look seamless. My wife and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Abel Soria Photography's reply:

Thanks Chris,
    What a great review you are giving me.
    It was a great pleasure to work Cynthia and you on your Wedding Day. I loved working with your families and friends, they all were very helpfull and awesome to me... Thank you, thank you, thank you...!!!
    Regards and Hugs,
    Abel

Laura · Married on 07/08/2017

Abel is an amazing photographer! My friend referred me to him. I am so glad she did! He is very knowledgeable in his work. He is reasonably priced compared to many of the other photographers we looked at. It was great to work with him from beginning to end. He helped me stay organized and on top of everything. It helped that he had done wedding photos at our venue freedom hall and gardens before. He look some great shots of us! I loved his photo technique. He even stayed over the time he was scheduled for to ensure he got all the photos we wanted. I loved that we were able to get wedding albums as well to share with our family. He took his time to go over each photo with me to put into our album and was able to make edits needed. It was challenging to pick 50 photos out of the many he took, however he was very patient while waiting for us to do so. He even gave us a beautiful picture to hang up on our wall. He is a very kind person! I highly recommend Abel for your next photographer!

Sent on 03/04/2018
    Abel Soria Photography 2

Abel Soria Photography Pricing

Abel Soria Photography Price Rates

Abel Soria Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,300.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

• San Jose, San Francisco San Jose, CA, 95123 See on map