Bozeman, MT 59715 Map · Phone number

About 40 Watt Photo

Hi there. Pour yourself a drink, and lets get to know each other.

I’ve been a photographer for 8 years, but I’ve had the itch to be creative since I was little. As a kid, my biggest fear was moving out of my childhood home. Within the next 10 years I’d live in 5 different houses in 3 states. Sometimes, you’re forced to learn to be flexible.

I got my first camera as a high school graduation gift and started emailing photographers near my hometown asking if I could shoot with them, carry their lights, polish their shoes, whatever. Luckily somebody bit and I was assisting at my first wedding in the summer of 2011. I remember texting my mom from the reception saying “I was born for this”. I still believe that to be true.

I continued assisting throughout college, taking on my own work here and there, and learned a lot from generous photographers with more experience than me. The more time I spend in the wedding industry, the more I learn how rare their willingness to pay it forward was. Their openness, kindness, and helpfulness still strongly influence my work and the way that I interact other people.

I moved to Bozeman for a little peace and quiet, and stayed for the mountains, the funny people, and the good beer. These days, I’m inspired by lighthearted couples who approach life with an open mind and a sense of humor. My favorite photos are from weddings where we sweat a little to get to the perfect spot, nobody cares that their shoes are getting dirty, and someone complains about their cheeks hurting from smiling too much. At weddings, and in general, these are signs of a good day.

Photographing people is a weird and wonderful job. I work hard, but I will also cry at your ceremony and dance at your reception. I will joke with your dad and help keep your mom calm. I will pin boutonnieres and straighten ties. I will fluff hair and rearrange your train. I will laugh with your bridesmaids and toast you with champagne. I will deliver your photos and still think of you often. I will tell my friends about the fun I had at your wedding and how great of a day it was. I will pray for you and your spouse and wish you well. I'll check in on you every now and then to see how you are. I'll buy you a beer if you're ever in town. And I will never, ever stop being grateful that I was included in your wedding.

Follow 40 Watt Photo on

xoxo 32 of 49 51 724751
Bozeman Bride
Bozeman Bride
xoxo 32 of 49 51 724751

5 Reviews for 40 Watt Photo

Jane · Married on 05/21/2016

We are so happy we hired 40 Watt to photograph our wedding. The pictures look amazing! Mallory was very professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process and on the day of the wedding she and Brian were efficient and knowledgeable. You spend so much of your wedding with your photographers and we were lucky to share the day with such warm, friendly, and funny people. Thank you, Mallory, for making our day fun and capturing it so well!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Mallory of 40 Watt Photo was great to work with. She was very energetic and professional and had well priced packages. The photos were provided in a reasonable amount of time and I loved the outcome! I would recommend her to any bride in Montana.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Tanya · Married on 08/22/2015

Mallory was a joy to work with. She was professional, kind and so fun. Everyone at our wedding loved her! I can recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 09/04/2015

40 Watt Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

• Darcee the Flower Lady
    Darcee the Flower Lady Wedding Florists

Mallory at 40 Watt Photo is such an excellent photographer! We worked together on a wedding this past July and we were amazed at the quality of the pictures taken, and loved seeing the gorgeous wedding flower bouquets and boutonnieres displayed. Unbelievable and expressive talent is evident in capturing so many beautiful moments between the newly married couple. Well done! We highly recommend 40 Watt Photo to chronicle your event with priceless and timeless images of your special day.

• Moshunal Production
    Moshunal Production Wedding DJs

40 Watt has always impressed our team. Her photos, skill, and ability to integrate into the needs of the Bride and Groom simply complements her capability to capture moments. Always impressed.

• Bozeman, Montana, 59715 See on map