Should I do the Father Daughter dance for my second wedding?
This is my second wedding and I've asked my dad to walk me down the isle, but I'm not sure whether I should have a father-daughter dance with him. I'm 37 and my fiance is 36 and we are funding and hosting the wedding. My husband to be is a widower and we are both trying to keep the wedding low-key. We will have a bridal dance but I was thinking that would be it. I don't want to offend my dad but do you think it's inappropriate to do that dance on #2? I feel a little too old for that.

Married: 10/10/2009
Reviews: 1
Posted On: Jul 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

6 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 10/07/2011
Reviews: 5
Jul 03, 2009 at 12:30 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ask your dad if he wants to.

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 10
Jul 03, 2009 at 11:18 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
If it's important to you, then just ask, But if it's not important to have a set 'Father-Daughter Dance', then don't, but I'm sure he'll take you for a spin or two on the floor if you just ask!

lauren10
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 4
Jul 03, 2009 at 2:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I can definitely see where you are coming from. You have him giving you away, I think that is the biggest tribute and compliment really. Just explain to him WHY you don't want to do the dance...you have a pretty valid reason!

Fenella
Wedding: [Private]
Jul 04, 2009 at 3:07 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't think you could ever be 'too old' to dance with your father.
I agree with poster above.
Ask him what he thinks and decide from there.
Is your FH planning on dancing with his Mother?
If he does, and then you don't, it might feel a little lop sided.
In the end, it's your day, so I would just talk to the major players and make the decision that makes you most comfortable.

Married: 10/24/2009
Jul 04, 2009 at 3:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
if you want to do the dance I say do it there's no harm in it

Married: 10/10/2009
Reviews: 1
Jul 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks everyone!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct