Ideas for the bridal party dance..
ideas for a bridal party dance...

Married: 04/05/2008
Posted On: Mar 17, 2008 at 11:11 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

9 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 01/10/2009
Reviews: 1
Mar 18, 2008 at 1:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm kinda stumped on that one myself. But I think I might go with Lost In this moment by Big & Rich.

Married: 07/06/2007
Reviews: 5
Mar 18, 2008 at 8:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What I did was, I had my first dance "You" by Jesse Powell, and then about 3/4ths of the song the DJ interrupted it with a very up beat Merengue, thats when our wedding party jumped in. It really set the mood for the rest of the night. I've seen a lot of couples do that sort of thing, when they have their first dance with a slow song and then interupt it with a fast song, its really surprising for your guests. If you think your attendants are willing to go the extra mile and do something coordinated, you go do that to. hope this helps.

Married: 10/11/2008
Mar 19, 2008 at 11:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am not going to have my bridal party dance together. I think that they would all be more comfortable not doing it. The day is about you and your new husband, the bridal party doesnt need their own dance. Just my suggestion.

Married: 06/27/2009
Mar 19, 2008 at 4:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm not sure about what to do for the song, but here's an idea on dances:

I worked as a server for a catering hall for a while. One thing I noticed while observing other weddings, is that guests get really restless if the dances get too long. One wedding had a dance for the couple, one for the bridal party, and one for bride and her father and one for the groom and his mother. By the end of all of the dances, the guests had lost some of that excited energy.

So keep it short and have some fun fast music for the bridal party dance to kick things off. It is your day, but if you keep your guests in mind then the whole atmosphere will be a lot more energetic and fun.
Mar 22, 2008 at 7:18 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We go together- Grease soundtack

This dance doesn't have to be done during the first, F/D and M/S dances. Your DJ or band leader can bring them up later in the reception as a special dedication! You should be able to work it out during your consultation with your entertainment.

Please feel free to email me with any of your entertainment questions!

SKimbell

Oracle Band
Mar 22, 2008 at 2:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You might consider using the song "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts from Friends. It's requested of us fairly often, it's fast and fun.

Best wishes...

Married: 07/12/2009
Mar 22, 2008 at 2:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'll have a bridal party dance but I'm letting them dance with whoever they want to. And I'll only do that for half the song and then bring everyone else onto the dance floor to join them. At my brother's wedding I didn't even get a chance to slow dance with my fiancee because she had the bridal party dance with only the bridal party and then the money dance and so on and that was it for slow dances. I want my guests to enjoy all the dancing as well.

Married: 07/19/2008
Mar 23, 2008 at 11:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are using "thank you for being a friend", the Golden Girls theme song for our wedding party song. It's a little cheesy, but it has sentimental meaning... back to our college days!
Mar 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here are a few choices that I give to my bridal couples for the Bridal Party Dance.
Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John
Friends - Elton John
Friends - Michael W Smith
Friends In Low Places - Garth Brooks
I'll Be There - Mariah Carey or Jackson 5
I'll Be There For You (Friends Theme) - The Rembrandts
In My Life - Beatles or Bette Midler
Shower The People - James Taylor
That's What Friends Are For - Dionne Warwick and Friends
This Is The Time - Billy Joel
Through The Years - Kenny Rogers
We Are Family - Sister Sledge
With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker
Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
You've Got A Friend - James Taylor

As you can see, some are faster, some slower, some more serious, some more fun. It all depends on the people in your bridal party and the mood you are trying to set. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Will Manns
The Hit Mann DJ Company
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct