Wedding Planning Plus

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Our wedding was very big with about 242 total guests (we invited around 287). I planned most of it on my own and was becoming extremely stressed out the last 6 weeks tying up lose ends, making last minute phone calls, and feeling confident that everyone would be going exactly how I envisioned it and planned. Because of me starting to lose my mind, I hired Aissa as a "day of coordinator" and it was the best decision I made! I regret not hiring her sooner as a wedding planner because I would have enjoyed the planning process much more. She literally took care of everything from steaming the bridesmaids dresses, to contacting and working with vendors to create a timeline, to reapplying a fake eyelash when it fell out (she had glue, tweezers, and mascara on her!), to making sure Kyle and I spent as much time partying and enjoying our day as possible. I can't even list everything she took care of because it was so much, Little things such as making sure the cooler for the trolley was filled with ice and beverages for after the ceremony...every little detail counts and she was ON POINT! I e-mailed every day with questions and was probably annoying because I tend to be a bit neurotic, but she always responded and was very patient and kind. She took care of everything I could possibly think of!!!!!! There isn't one single complaint....she even met me at the church for rehearsal on the day of her birthday celebration to hand deliver the itinerary and made sure the guys and girls knew who to match up with. She is absolutely wonderful!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

From my perspective Shannon Whitney did a superb job from start to finish. On the wedding day, she was present in the background working seamlessly and tirelessly to make sure everything went off perfectly as planned ... and it did!
- Mother of the Bride

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Working with the Wedding Planning Plus team was simply phenomenal. It was evident from our first conversation with Shannon Whitney that we were working with a seasoned pro. She quickly and efficiently counseled us through choosing a venue, DJ, florist, caterers, etc. But, what really made an impression on us was the authentic interest that Shannon had in making our wedding day perfect for us. She provided options and ideas, but when she felt that a certain element would help produce the experience we were looking for, she took the time to walk us through her vision. For example, she suggested that we do a “first look” in order to be able to spend more time with our guests after the ceremony. Who knew? It was a fantastic idea!

Melissa Jacobson was our day-of coordinator. But, she was so much than that. A month before the wedding, right as the pressure and stress started to build, Melissa stepped in and coordinated all of the last details with ease. Each week when we spoke on the phone, I came armed with an agenda. But, there was no need because Melissa was always two steps ahead of me. Our conversations were so efficient, that we would end up just laughing and chatting excitedly about the wedding day.

Our wedding was in Lake Placid, NY in late October, and it was a dream come true. Yes, it rained. Yes, someone locked me out of my room. Yes, there was a completely over-the-top wedding guest. But, I had not a worry in the world. Melissa was there at every turn, taking care of all of the details, large and small. She was cool and collected the entire time. The wedding party and our moms raved about Melissa’s famous agenda and what a phenomenal job she did. And, I don’t want to ruin the surprise for other couples, but Melissa and her intern put an extra special touch on the day that we were so happy to come back to after the reception.

Wedding Planning Plus met all of our expectations. Our wedding was perfect, and perfectly us.

Recently Married

We used Wedding Planning Plus to help with day-of coordination for our wedding. Both Samantha (the owner) and Ginny Beigel (our planner) were incredibly helpful and really easy to work with. Starting about a month before the wedding, Ginny skyped with us once a week to make sure everything was on track. She contacted all our vendors and made sure they were doing what they were supposed to do. Any time we came across something we weren't sure about, we asked Ginny to take care of it. And she did!

I really feel like Ginny and her assistant Alli went above and beyond our expectations. They carried chairs from the ceremony site to the reception tent, they lit candles, corralled guests, and did about a million other things. Literally nothing went wrong on the day of the wedding and I'm sure it's mostly because of the excellent, professional care that Ginny and Alli took.

I recommend them with great conviction. This company seems great and honestly it's super reasonably priced given how much they do for you. It was so wonderful to be able to relax on the wedding day and just celebrate with my family and friends, knowing Ginny was taking care of everything.

Recently Married

Shannon worked with us on planning our wedding and she was phenomenal! She was very flexible in meeting up with us during our busy schedule and making sure we stayed on budget. We explained the type of wedding we wanted and recommended vendors that were above and beyond what we could have hoped for.

As the groom, we had decided on a country club venue before deciding to get a wedding planner and were in the process of signing a contract with them. Shannon advised my fiance at the time that there was a new venue opening up that she should look at. Personally, I did not want to keep looking but was I sure happy that she did. The new venue at 90 State was PHENOMENAL. Without Shannon's guidance we could have not had the amazing wedding that we did.

If you are on the fence about getting a wedding planner or think it costs to much, I want to tell you that SHE WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY. The entire wedding planning process was not as stressful and Shannon was there with us every step of the way.

Thank you Shannon and everyone at WPP for their excellent service and attention to detail.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Aissa Murray was my day of wedding coordinator and my experience was simply AMAZING! I cannot express how thankful I am for all Aissa did to help make the days leading up to my wedding and my wedding day so perfect!

Aissa was my right hand lady and there wasn't a request that she wasn't all over! She was always 5 steps ahead of everything and I couldn't have survived my wedding day without having her by my side! From holding my flowers, my dress, putting band-aids on my blisters, and just being there in case i needed anything. Aissa really went above and beyond to make sure you were happy with all your vendors and throughout the planning process!!! As an example, I was very unhappy with my hair and makeup trial 2 weeks before my wedding and Aissa met me at the salon and immediately starting researching to find me someone that could provide me with the look I was going for. She was able to find me a hair and makeup artist and met me at the salon for a trial. I LOVED my make-up and hair and was so happy that she was able to find me someone who gave me the look I had dreamed of for my wedding!

Aissa also helped me find a bakery to bake me cookies as a favor the day before my wedding!! She even went to pick the cookies up for me and packaged them to have ready for my wedding day! Aissa is so thoughtful, caring, and really puts you first to ensure your day is just as you had planned. I can honestly say NOTHING went wrong on the day of my wedding and Aissa was the best investment I could have made for my special day!!! Go with Aissa and Wedding Planning plus, I promise that this service will make your wedding day seemless and stress free!!! Also, Aissa was definitely a friend in this entire process and it really felt like she was part of our family! Thank you again AIssa and Wedding Planning plus, you are amazing at what you do!!!

Danielle
Recently Married

Whoa - I didn't even read all of the comments on this page (which, aren't shockingly, are amazing) and I still am beyond thrilled at my Wedding Planning Plus experience. My wedding day, the most important day of my life, would not have been as full and rewarding if it were not for Aissa Murray. She is truly the best thing that could have happened to me (besides my husband, I suppose).

There were so many things I found out about from my husband and MOH and mother that happened on our wedding day that I never even knew about. The entire day was designed around making my life as stress free as humanly possible. I was sheltered from all non-essentials.

I didn't even step foot in the venue, the NYS Museum (also amazing), before walking down the aisle. Aissa oversaw everything; favors, tables, flowers, decorations. She was right there with me every step of the way. She fixed my veil for pictures - held my flowers - made sure everyone was where they needed to be. She walked my friggin' flower girl down the aisle for crying out loud!!!

Every gift and decoration was waiting for us in my hotel suite when we got home that night, accompanied with a bottle of champagne and rose petals leading to the bed. Like, REALLY?!

I was having a breakdown the day before the wedding, Aissa sent me over a care package with a note: "Relax and enjoy - tomorrow you marry your dude!" I have that hanging on my refrigerator.

Aissa was such a huge part of such a huge day. How could a complete stranger care just as much as I do about the day going flawlessly? There are no words for how grateful I am.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Shannon as our wedding day, or should I say wedding weekend coordinator at the Hildene Estate in beautiful Manchester, Vermont. A number of months before most of the planning was done, but there were so many details! We knew we would need an extra set of eyes to make sure everything ran smoothly and Shannon was our guide. From the beginning she was attentive to our needs and tried to ease an anxiety we had regarding our wedding day timeline. Even though her company is based out of Albany she came out to us in person in Vermont a few times to discuss plans face to face. What a relief! We knew we were in good hands. I was also having a crisis trying to find the right hair and makeup team and she gave me the best recommendations. Weeks prior to the wedding she coordinated every little detail with all of our vendors to make sure they were all on the same page. The day prior to the wedding she ran a very organized walk-through of the ceremony with our wedding party and helped coordinate our larger than normal rehearsal dinner. We had beautiful weather leading up to the big day, but a huge storm decided to come through the day of. Just when we thought our first look, wedding portraits, ketubah signing, portraits, outside ceremony and cocktail hour were going to be a disaster (also our perfectly planned timeline had to be completely rearranged), she calmly was able to make everything all work seamlessly. We had completely forgotten about the rain and had the most beautiful ceremony. She rescued our day! We are so happy we had Shannon on our side and it was the best decision we made. Thank you Shannon and WPP!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My husband and I had been engaged for four years and every time I would start to plan I would get completely overwhelmed and give up. Granted we had many things life changing events that took place during our long engagement. One day I was at work and one of my co-workers mentioned a wedding planner she knew, Shannon Whitney. I thought to myself-do I really need a wedding planner?? I went home that night and emailed Shannon, within a half hour she responded!! We set up an appointment for the next day and we hit it off from there. After the meeting that day, my husband said he didn't care how much it cost, as long as it helped me and took the stress away So we hired Shannon as our wedding planner & day of coordinator. Throughout the whole entire process she was AMAZING!!! I honestly could not have imagined planning our wedding without her. Our wedding day was a dream come true thanks to her! She did everything & anything you could imagine a wedding planner would do. From changing our wedding date, to countless number of emails and Friday meetings, to bustling my dress, to making sure every little detail was taken care of, Shannon did it all!! She was absolutely amazing!! We did not have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day, she was our lifesaver. If anyone asked me a question I looked at Shannon with this look... She took all the stress off of us, and we did not have to worry about anything!. Considering my husband is in the military, he was gone often (3 weeks before the wedding he was gone AHHH!), she made sure I was not overwhelmed & scheduled our meetings around his schedule so he could be there with me. I could go on and on about Shannon, but the point is she is such a wonderful person & wedding planner! When she was around she made me feel so calm!! Shannon we cannot thank you enough for all that you did! For all the brides out there that are hesitant to hire a wedding planner, do yourself a favor & hire Shannon! It's worth every penny! XOXO

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My husband and I just got hitched & Erin McKee from Wedding Planning Plus was our day-of coordinator. This was the best money I spent on anything, other than videography. Having Erin there to help coordinate photo shoots, organize our personal items, herd the large groups of the wedding party & pull off the last minute details made a WORLD of difference. Possibly more than I even realize. She was everywhere. And getting important stuff sorted out at every turn of the day. She was an absolute pleasure and very easy to work with. I would imagine the rest of the staff is as well, from my talks with Shannon. This is an absolute must for any bride. Skimp on the favors - nobody cares about that - and give yourself some peace of mind! XO Mrs. Maria Gallo

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My husband and I hired Melissa from Wedding Planning Plus for Day of Coordination services and are so happy we did! Not only was Melissa fantastic to work with (organized, accommodating, and fun), her experience and insight ensured we felt confident and calm in the last few weeks before our wedding. Most importantly, thanks to Melissa and her assistant Ally we were able to relax and appreciate our wedding day. After all the time, energy and emotion that goes into wedding planning there is no greater feeling than being able to sit back and enjoy as your vision comes to life. Thank you WPP and Melissa!

1+ year ago

We worked with Shannon as our day-of coordinator for our June wedding. She was responsive from the day we were first in contact, and was able to help us in the months before the wedding with our etiquette and planning questions. The wedding day schedule she put together a few weeks out really helped us think through all of the details down to the smallest ones, so that we could feel confident that everything was being taken care of. On our wedding day, we were able to just enjoy ourselves, having Shannon there to guide us through the schedule and formalities, and as the point of contact for all of our vendors. Shannon has such an upbeat and positive personality, and is extremely organized. We are so glad that we chose to work with Shannon, and I would completely recommend WPP.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My wife (Jess) and I got married recently at the NYS Museum in Albany and our photographers (Kretschmann Studios) strongly urged us to consider a day-of wedding planner. Because the absolute most important part of our wedding was to have a blast and not have to worry about the small details, this was one of the best pieces of advice we got in the process. We were referred to Wedding Planning Plus and after a few short introductions, the owner (Shannon) pointed us to Erin McKee. Simply put, Erin was amazing throughout the whole process.

To be clear, we didn’t really need a “Wedding Planner” but instead someone to oversee the day of our wedding and handle all the potentially distracting details, big and small. For example, I didn’t want to be bothered signing for packages, tracking down vendors, or anything other than simply enjoying my wonderful day. Erin did all this and more. She interfaced with all our vendors in the weeks leading up to the wedding and took care of anything that wasn’t completely hammered down the day of. She developed a rapport with vendors and guests to ensure everyone was where they needed to be. She helped coordinate our rehearsal and all the ushering involved. She had a hand in lots of minor setup factors, such as our tables and “sugar rush” station. At the end of the night, she packed everything up that needed to go to our room and hand-delivered it (along with a bottle of wine and a thoughtful card)! In fact, no request was ever too small or too large.

On top of all of this, Erin is a super-sweet person and a genuine pleasure to work with. She met with us several times and kept a smile on, even when we got frustrated. She was only contracted to put in eight or nine hours to coordinate our wedding day, but I would estimate she put in closer to 30. I can assure anyone who goes with Erin, they will NOT regret it!

1+ year ago

Had the pleasure of working with Aissa for our wedding day. From the first phone call I was at ease. She made everything absolutely seamless and made all my requests reality. Could not ask for more.

1+ year ago

Simply put: hiring Shannon Whitney of WPP was the single best decision we made during the wedding planning process. I literally cannot imagine going through it without her, she was so instrumental at every turn. From recommending vendors that perfectly suited what we were looking for (and our budget) to keeping us all calm and on schedule, she does it all with grace, kindness, professionalism and expertise. What was perhaps most impressive about Shannon was her ability to listen to what we really wanted and make suggestions, sometimes when we ourselves weren't even quite sure of our vision or how to get there. Shannon was instrumental in helping me find every one of my vendors as well as our venue. She answered countless random questions and every piece of advice was spot-on. She is committed to helping you realize what you want while also remaining amazingly grounded in what weddings are really all about. And let's just say, it's a lot easier to focus on what weddings are really about when the logistics and details run smoothly. We're in awe of how much we enjoyed our own wedding, and that's thanks to Shannon! She kept our ceremony and reception perfectly on schedule and subtly dealt with any issues that arose. We received so many compliments about the wedding. A few guests remarked how well-organized and smooth everything was. Quite a few said it was the best wedding they've ever been to and a couple of particularly enthusiastic guests told us it was the best night of their lives! Shannon set us all up to have the night of our lives. She made sure we were logistically and mentally ready, that our vendors were set, and helped us get to a place where the details and stress of planning a wedding (which was so much more complex than I had imagined) faded into the background and we could focus on what was really important. We can't thank you enough Shannon!

Corey S
05/25/2014

I would recommend Shannon Whitney and Wedding Planning Plus 200%!!! When our wedding venue fell through four months before our wedding, Shannon came to our rescue. She took a stressful situation and helped us pull off a wedding when we didn’t think it was possible. I only wished we had hired her from the beginning! Shannon wore many hats in her role as our wedding planner and excelled in each of these diverse roles. She became my go to person to calm my nerves, ease my stress, and be my confidant. Her ability to serve as a team leader was remarkable. She collaborated with and managed our families and all of our vendors (most of whom she had never worked with before) so that we all functioned as a unified team. We had some of our vendors go out of their way to tell us how much they loved working with Shannon – that says A LOT. In her role as a project manager, Shannon is one of the most organized and responsible people I have EVER met. There is not one thing that fell through the cracks. Shannon responds to emails in record speed and if she is ever going to be offline for a while she communicates this in advance. I trusted Shannon completely to guide us through this process and it allowed us to relax completely during our wedding and be in the moment, which is what's most important after all! By the end of four short months, it felt like Shannon was part of our family. I can only imagine how amazing it would have been if we had hired WPP from the beginning. Therefore, I encourage you to hire her as soon as you can! I feel confident that any planner at WPP is as remarkable as Shannon since she trains them and manages them.

I could go on forever but this comment box literally won't let me so I'm happy to serve as a reference if anyone has further questions!