Wedding Planning Plus
Let us help you plan the wedding of your dreams...
48 Hudson Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly /...

Profile   Reviews (64)   Photos   Videos   Deals   FAQ   Blog
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Aissa Murray was my day of wedding coordinator and my experience was simply AMAZING! I cannot express how thankful I am for all Aissa did to help make the days leading up to my wedding and my wedding day so perfect!

Aissa was my right hand lady and there wasn't a request that she wasn't all over! She was always 5 steps ahead of everything and I couldn't have survived my wedding day without having her by my side! From holding my flowers, my dress, putting band-aids on my blisters, and just being there in case i needed anything. Aissa really went above and beyond to make sure you were happy with all your vendors and throughout the planning process!!! As an example, I was very unhappy with my hair and makeup trial 2 weeks before my wedding and Aissa met me at the salon and immediately starting researching to find me someone that could provide me with the look I was going for. She was able to find me a hair and makeup artist and met me at the salon for a trial. I LOVED my make-up and hair and was so happy that she was able to find me someone who gave me the look I had dreamed of for my wedding!

Aissa also helped me find a bakery to bake me cookies as a favor the day before my wedding!! She even went to pick the cookies up for me and packaged them to have ready for my wedding day! Aissa is so thoughtful, caring, and really puts you first to ensure your day is just as you had planned. I can honestly say NOTHING went wrong on the day of my wedding and Aissa was the best investment I could have made for my special day!!! Go with Aissa and Wedding Planning plus, I promise that this service will make your wedding day seemless and stress free!!! Also, Aissa was definitely a friend in this entire process and it really felt like she was part of our family! Thank you again AIssa and Wedding Planning plus, you are amazing at what you do!!!
Wedding: 09/12/2014

Danielle 10 Reviews
Whoa - I didn't even read all of the comments on this page (which, aren't shockingly, are amazing) and I still am beyond thrilled at my Wedding Planning Plus experience. My wedding day, the most important day of my life, would not have been as full and rewarding if it were not for Aissa Murray. She is truly the best thing that could have happened to me (besides my husband, I suppose).

There were so many things I found out about from my husband and MOH and mother that happened on our wedding day that I never even knew about. The entire day was designed around making my life as stress free as humanly possible. I was sheltered from all non-essentials.

I didn't even step foot in the venue, the NYS Museum (also amazing), before walking down the aisle. Aissa oversaw everything; favors, tables, flowers, decorations. She was right there with me every step of the way. She fixed my veil for pictures - held my flowers - made sure everyone was where they needed to be. She walked my friggin' flower girl down the aisle for crying out loud!!!

Every gift and decoration was waiting for us in my hotel suite when we got home that night, accompanied with a bottle of champagne and rose petals leading to the bed. Like, REALLY?!

I was having a breakdown the day before the wedding, Aissa sent me over a care package with a note: "Relax and enjoy - tomorrow you marry your dude!" I have that hanging on my refrigerator.

Aissa was such a huge part of such a huge day. How could a complete stranger care just as much as I do about the day going flawlessly? There are no words for how grateful I am.
Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Shannon as our wedding day, or should I say wedding weekend coordinator at the Hildene Estate in beautiful Manchester, Vermont. A number of months before most of the planning was done, but there were so many details! We knew we would need an extra set of eyes to make sure everything ran smoothly and Shannon was our guide. From the beginning she was attentive to our needs and tried to ease an anxiety we had regarding our wedding day timeline. Even though her company is based out of Albany she came out to us in person in Vermont a few times to discuss plans face to face. What a relief! We knew we were in good hands. I was also having a crisis trying to find the right hair and makeup team and she gave me the best recommendations. Weeks prior to the wedding she coordinated every little detail with all of our vendors to make sure they were all on the same page. The day prior to the wedding she ran a very organized walk-through of the ceremony with our wedding party and helped coordinate our larger than normal rehearsal dinner. We had beautiful weather leading up to the big day, but a huge storm decided to come through the day of. Just when we thought our first look, wedding portraits, ketubah signing, portraits, outside ceremony and cocktail hour were going to be a disaster (also our perfectly planned timeline had to be completely rearranged), she calmly was able to make everything all work seamlessly. We had completely forgotten about the rain and had the most beautiful ceremony. She rescued our day! We are so happy we had Shannon on our side and it was the best decision we made. Thank you Shannon and WPP!
Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had been engaged for four years and every time I would start to plan I would get completely overwhelmed and give up. Granted we had many things life changing events that took place during our long engagement. One day I was at work and one of my co-workers mentioned a wedding planner she knew, Shannon Whitney. I thought to myself-do I really need a wedding planner?? I went home that night and emailed Shannon, within a half hour she responded!! We set up an appointment for the next day and we hit it off from there. After the meeting that day, my husband said he didn't care how much it cost, as long as it helped me and took the stress away So we hired Shannon as our wedding planner & day of coordinator. Throughout the whole entire process she was AMAZING!!! I honestly could not have imagined planning our wedding without her. Our wedding day was a dream come true thanks to her! She did everything & anything you could imagine a wedding planner would do. From changing our wedding date, to countless number of emails and Friday meetings, to bustling my dress, to making sure every little detail was taken care of, Shannon did it all!! She was absolutely amazing!! We did not have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day, she was our lifesaver. If anyone asked me a question I looked at Shannon with this look... She took all the stress off of us, and we did not have to worry about anything!. Considering my husband is in the military, he was gone often (3 weeks before the wedding he was gone AHHH!), she made sure I was not overwhelmed & scheduled our meetings around his schedule so he could be there with me. I could go on and on about Shannon, but the point is she is such a wonderful person & wedding planner! When she was around she made me feel so calm!! Shannon we cannot thank you enough for all that you did! For all the brides out there that are hesitant to hire a wedding planner, do yourself a favor & hire Shannon! It's worth every penny! XOXO
Wedding: 08/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I just got hitched & Erin McKee from Wedding Planning Plus was our day-of coordinator. This was the best money I spent on anything, other than videography. Having Erin there to help coordinate photo shoots, organize our personal items, herd the large groups of the wedding party & pull off the last minute details made a WORLD of difference. Possibly more than I even realize. She was everywhere. And getting important stuff sorted out at every turn of the day. She was an absolute pleasure and very easy to work with. I would imagine the rest of the staff is as well, from my talks with Shannon. This is an absolute must for any bride. Skimp on the favors - nobody cares about that - and give yourself some peace of mind! XO Mrs. Maria Gallo
Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I hired Melissa from Wedding Planning Plus for Day of Coordination services and are so happy we did! Not only was Melissa fantastic to work with (organized, accommodating, and fun), her experience and insight ensured we felt confident and calm in the last few weeks before our wedding. Most importantly, thanks to Melissa and her assistant Ally we were able to relax and appreciate our wedding day. After all the time, energy and emotion that goes into wedding planning there is no greater feeling than being able to sit back and enjoy as your vision comes to life. Thank you WPP and Melissa!
Wedding: 08/09/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
We worked with Shannon as our day-of coordinator for our June wedding. She was responsive from the day we were first in contact, and was able to help us in the months before the wedding with our etiquette and planning questions. The wedding day schedule she put together a few weeks out really helped us think through all of the details down to the smallest ones, so that we could feel confident that everything was being taken care of. On our wedding day, we were able to just enjoy ourselves, having Shannon there to guide us through the schedule and formalities, and as the point of contact for all of our vendors. Shannon has such an upbeat and positive personality, and is extremely organized. We are so glad that we chose to work with Shannon, and I would completely recommend WPP.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wife (Jess) and I got married recently at the NYS Museum in Albany and our photographers (Kretschmann Studios) strongly urged us to consider a day-of wedding planner. Because the absolute most important part of our wedding was to have a blast and not have to worry about the small details, this was one of the best pieces of advice we got in the process. We were referred to Wedding Planning Plus and after a few short introductions, the owner (Shannon) pointed us to Erin McKee. Simply put, Erin was amazing throughout the whole process.

To be clear, we didn’t really need a “Wedding Planner” but instead someone to oversee the day of our wedding and handle all the potentially distracting details, big and small. For example, I didn’t want to be bothered signing for packages, tracking down vendors, or anything other than simply enjoying my wonderful day. Erin did all this and more. She interfaced with all our vendors in the weeks leading up to the wedding and took care of anything that wasn’t completely hammered down the day of. She developed a rapport with vendors and guests to ensure everyone was where they needed to be. She helped coordinate our rehearsal and all the ushering involved. She had a hand in lots of minor setup factors, such as our tables and “sugar rush” station. At the end of the night, she packed everything up that needed to go to our room and hand-delivered it (along with a bottle of wine and a thoughtful card)! In fact, no request was ever too small or too large.

On top of all of this, Erin is a super-sweet person and a genuine pleasure to work with. She met with us several times and kept a smile on, even when we got frustrated. She was only contracted to put in eight or nine hours to coordinate our wedding day, but I would estimate she put in closer to 30. I can assure anyone who goes with Erin, they will NOT regret it!

Wedding: 06/21/2014

Private User 4 Reviews
Simply put: hiring Shannon Whitney of WPP was the single best decision we made during the wedding planning process. I literally cannot imagine going through it without her, she was so instrumental at every turn. From recommending vendors that perfectly suited what we were looking for (and our budget) to keeping us all calm and on schedule, she does it all with grace, kindness, professionalism and expertise. What was perhaps most impressive about Shannon was her ability to listen to what we really wanted and make suggestions, sometimes when we ourselves weren't even quite sure of our vision or how to get there. Shannon was instrumental in helping me find every one of my vendors as well as our venue. She answered countless random questions and every piece of advice was spot-on. She is committed to helping you realize what you want while also remaining amazingly grounded in what weddings are really all about. And let's just say, it's a lot easier to focus on what weddings are really about when the logistics and details run smoothly. We're in awe of how much we enjoyed our own wedding, and that's thanks to Shannon! She kept our ceremony and reception perfectly on schedule and subtly dealt with any issues that arose. We received so many compliments about the wedding. A few guests remarked how well-organized and smooth everything was. Quite a few said it was the best wedding they've ever been to and a couple of particularly enthusiastic guests told us it was the best night of their lives! Shannon set us all up to have the night of our lives. She made sure we were logistically and mentally ready, that our vendors were set, and helped us get to a place where the details and stress of planning a wedding (which was so much more complex than I had imagined) faded into the background and we could focus on what was really important. We can't thank you enough Shannon!
Wedding: Recently Married

Corey S 8 Reviews
I would recommend Shannon Whitney and Wedding Planning Plus 200%!!! When our wedding venue fell through four months before our wedding, Shannon came to our rescue. She took a stressful situation and helped us pull off a wedding when we didn’t think it was possible. I only wished we had hired her from the beginning! Shannon wore many hats in her role as our wedding planner and excelled in each of these diverse roles. She became my go to person to calm my nerves, ease my stress, and be my confidant. Her ability to serve as a team leader was remarkable. She collaborated with and managed our families and all of our vendors (most of whom she had never worked with before) so that we all functioned as a unified team. We had some of our vendors go out of their way to tell us how much they loved working with Shannon – that says A LOT. In her role as a project manager, Shannon is one of the most organized and responsible people I have EVER met. There is not one thing that fell through the cracks. Shannon responds to emails in record speed and if she is ever going to be offline for a while she communicates this in advance. I trusted Shannon completely to guide us through this process and it allowed us to relax completely during our wedding and be in the moment, which is what's most important after all! By the end of four short months, it felt like Shannon was part of our family. I can only imagine how amazing it would have been if we had hired WPP from the beginning. Therefore, I encourage you to hire her as soon as you can! I feel confident that any planner at WPP is as remarkable as Shannon since she trains them and manages them.

I could go on forever but this comment box literally won't let me so I'm happy to serve as a reference if anyone has further questions!
Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I wish I could give Wedding Planning Plus a 1,000. If you do not choose to work with this team of wedding planners, you are crazy.

We stumbled upon WPP during a massive website search for the best planners. After interviewing several other planners, I spoke with Shannon Whitney and within seconds knew that I wanted Shannon to be my wedding planner. Shannon, the owner and head planner at WPP, was professional, quick to reply to emails, accessible, and caring. From the moment we hired her to the second our wedding was over, Shannon treated us as if we were the only couple she was planning a wedding for. How many people are given such incredible treatment? Because we were planning the wedding long distance, Shannon purchased items for us, created table arrangements and decorations, and allowed us to ship different wedding items to her house. She helped ease my anxiety, provided guidance and advice throughout the process, and lent her opinions when we were heading toward a mistake. I truly cannot say enough amazing things about Shannon. We also had the pleasure of working with Alli Dillenbeck during our wedding. Like Shannon, Alli was professional and made us feel so special. When all is said and done, Shannon became family, and we intend on keeping her around for a very, very, very long time. We highly, highly, highly recommend WPP!
Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I need to begin by saying that I truly don't know what I would have done without the help of Wedding Planning Plus for our wedding. We worked with wedding planner Melissa Jacobsen from WPP as our "day of coordinator" and I can't say enough great things about her, or about how truly grateful I am to have had her help. Not only did Melissa provide great vendor recommendations, but she was there for the most integral parts of planning and nailed down every detail to every minute of the day with each and every vendor. With little help from us Melissa was able to draft a wedding day itinerary, contact every vendor to coordinate their schedules for the day, and then on top of it she was there to make sure everything ran smoothly and on time - and it definitely did! It took such an extraordinary amount of weight off of our shoulders not only on the wedding day, but on the weeks leading up to the wedding where all the small details start to finally come together. As a now "experienced" bride I can't explain how crazy those final days before the wedding can be - particularly when you are planning from out of town - and I don't know what I would have done without the help of WPP and Melissa. Take my advice....I never thought in the beginning that I would need the help of a wedding planner, but trust me, you NEED the help of a wedding planner! Melissa was excellent to work with. She was extremely kind, intelligent, organized, professional, and just overall great to have around! Even all of our family and friends that worked with her that day commented to us on how great she was to work with.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Melissa and the WPP team to any bride!
Wedding: 04/27/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When people complement our wedding or seek wedding-related advice, the first thing I tell them is that I couldn’t have done it without a day-of coordinator. Yes, Pinterest and The Knot are great for inspiration, but who is going to make sure your dream wedding is perfectly executed? Shannon Whitney of Wedding Planning Plus, that’s who! When my husband and I started planning our wedding, we never thought that we would need day-of coordination. We had booked almost all of our vendors and pretty much knew exactly what we wanted. For a year we planned and planned and planned. But I didn’t want to be a wedding planner on my wedding day --- I wanted to be a bride. I wanted to enjoy our special day without the stress (or, let’s be real, as little stress as possible). I wanted our friends and family to enjoy being guests at our wedding. When you put so much time, money, and effort into an event such as a wedding, solid backup is a must. And I couldn’t have asked for better backup than Shannon. From day one, I knew we clicked and that she was Team Bride & Groom all the way. It was such a relief knowing that there was someone always on our side and looking out for our best interest. Shannon, we love you and couldn’t have said ‘I do!’ without you!!!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We debated hiring a wedding planner for so long when thinking about our wedding. I knew as soon as I contacted Wedding Planning Plus I was in great hands and it was the best decision we made! I was lucky enough to work with Erin Dewey from the months leading up to our wedding until the day of. Erin's bubbly personality and enthusiasm made planning our wedding so much fun and stress free! Her experience, knowledge of the industry, and advice were truly invaluable. She handled everything with ease and went to bat for us when were were stuck or had difficulty contacting vendors. When she took control in the weeks before the wedding I couldn't believe how stress free I was!! I was thankful for this because I enjoyed the time before our wedding with friends and family so much more knowing the we were in great hands. Our day went PERFECTLY and I truly believe without Erin that would not have been the case. When I look back on the day I will always remember how much work and heart Erin put in to help make the day so wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend Erin and Wedding Planning Plus for your big day. Seriously, you're crazy if you don't hire them :)
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We worked with Erin Dewey for our day of coordination and consulting for about a year prior to our wedding. Erin is very positive and upbeat, extremely dedicated, the best problem solver, and super flexible. Working with her prior to our wedding really helped to keep us on track and took a lot of stress off. The day of our wedding was extremely smooth, thanks to Erin, and in the weeks leading up, it was Erin who handled the schedule, confirmations with vendors, etc. I highly recommend Erin! She is amazing and was such a pleasure to work with!
Wedding: 09/28/2013

Kristine 7 Reviews
Words can't express how incredible Shannon truly is. I'll be honest that I was hesitant about working with a wedding planner at first. I was newly engaged and wanted a wedding that wasn't 'over the top.' After interviewing several planners, my Mom asked me to connect with Shannon. My hesitation instantly melted away due to Shannon's sweet demeanor, and relaxed yet fun personality. She was patient and clearly understood my feelings. She made it clear that she could help make my vision come to life :)

Shannon continued to blow me away throughout the planning process. She was always calm (I'm quite the opposite), and no issue was ever too much for her to handle. She stepped in when I needed her, and allowed me to take my time when things became busy. She helped me to plan and through of every single detail so that I wasn't worried about forgetting anything. My Mom was right--Shannon had clearly done this many times and was just what I needed. She took the pressure off, allowed me to enjoy the process, yet still had an individual relationship with me. Working with Shannon was very personal and never felt like a business transaction.

Until the day of the wedding, Shannon wore many hats and continued to be an invaluable resource, always going above and beyond for me. Having her on the day of my wedding kept me relaxed and I knew that EVERYTHING was taken care of. In the beginning I knew that it would be helpful to have Shannon; looking back I couldn't have done this without her. The wedding planning process involved SO many aspects that I didn't even know existed (even after extensive research) and I'm forever grateful that I was able to work with Shannon.

I wholeheartedly recommend Shannon and the other members of the Wedding Planning Plus team for planning and 'day of' services. They are an invaluable asset and worth every cent and more.

THANK YOU, SHANNON!!!
Wedding: 09/28/2013
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning
 518-269-1243
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire