Shindig Weddings and Events LLC
1206 Redfields Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22903  | map
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly /...

Profile   Reviews (18)   FAQ   Map
 (4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I could not imagine planning the wedding without Meghan and her team. From the first meeting, I was truly at ease with her- she was open to my ideas and provided excellent guidance and recommendations. Meghan was extremely organized, detailed, and kept in constant communication throughout the whole planning process. Her team is able to jump in an assist and resolve any issues. As a result, I was able to enjoy the evening. The guests commented on how helpful the planners were and how the whole evening flowed well. I highly recommend the Shindig team.

Wedding: 06/15/2013

Alexandra 2 Reviews
Working with Shindig was such a wonderful experience! Meghan and her team made our wedding day so special and stress free with their precise and organized schedule and planning services.

I could not have accomplished my wedding planning without Shindig! I would recommend Meghan and her team to all recently engaged brides, as their planning services help organize, schedule, and design a wonderful wedding day event!

Hopefully my sister gets engaged soon so that I can see and work with Meghan again!
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
THANK YOU, ALEX! What kind words, and I would be THRILLED to plan Melanie's wedding one day :) Your whole family was a joy to work with, and I hope your newlywed days are full of blessings. I can't wait to see what you do with all those signed corks, as well -- thank you for taking the time to write!
Wedding: 10/13/2012

Christie 1 Reviews
Best Wedding Planner EVER! Our daughter chose to have her wedding at Oak Ridge Estate (about 45 minutes south of Charlottesville), which meant planning everything long distance. We never could have pulled it off without Meghan's help. She coordinated with vendors, kept us on track, and helped focus everything. She was never too busy to answer emails or give advice. When the day finally arrived, what a joy to just relax and enjoy, knowing that all the details were in good hands. Meghan is a perfect balance of gentle but firm, who keeps everything together without getting in the way. As I told her many times - "Meghan, you are the glue that holds us together!". If you need a wedding planner - this is the one!
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Christie, thank you so much! Rachel's wedding was one of the most amazing days, and I will forever remember the misty rain just cease completely right before I sent you down the aisle -- AMAZING! It was a pleasure to be the "glue" for your family, and I look forward to keeping in touch!
Wedding: 10/07/2012

Rita 1 Reviews
Meghan, Caroline and the entire Shindig staff were amazing. From the first moment they met with my daughter and her fiance' - they totally grasped the atmosphere, ambiance and "feel" of their vineyard wedding. They also understood that my daughter and her finance' were working within a budget and Meghan and Caroline planned, created, and executed the perfect wedding within that budget. The evening was magical - an opinion shared by our guests as well. I recommend Shindig Weddings and Events with great enthusiasm and without reservation. If you are fortunate to fit into their schedule - you will not be disappointed.
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Thank you, thank you, Rita! We could not have been more thrilled with Ashley and Ryan's "shindig," and the kindness and sweetness of your whole family just glowed throughout the whole process and on the wedding day. Caroline and I were so pleased with Sept 22, and we look forward to being in touch with the new Mr. and Mrs. Conrad (and you two, as well!) for years to come!
Wedding: 09/22/2012

Stephanie 1 Reviews
Can I give Shindig and Meghan Streit 100 out of 5 stars? Not only were Meghan and her team invaluable coordination-wise (our wedding was just complex enough to necessitate a team of amazing girls behind-the-scenes), but they were absolutely the best creative team and soothing, fun presence to have on our special day. Meghan is a creative genius-- I loved seeing her eyes light up when she had a new idea and she was spot on in bringing our vision to reality. Even better? She was a dedicated and beloved friend. She is such a sparkling personality and a steadfast leader-- my fiancee, family, and I felt blessed to have her (and her great team) be there for us during our wedding weekend.
Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Definitely Have Shindig On Your Wedding Planning Team:
5. Shindig is very competitively priced with all of the wedding planners we explored. And it was worth every penny and much, much more - by FAR the best investment of the entire wedding. Most importantly, Shindig went above and beyond what we had bargained for to make sure that it was the amazing event we had envisioned.
4. Meghan Streit, Shindig's founder and captain, is the ultimate diplomat. Everyone hits a few snags while wedding planning when family members have differences of opinion or vendors seem to have a different idea than you do. But Meghan consistently volunteered to help us navigate through these sometimes challenging situations, offering third-party perspective but keeping the desires and vision of me and my now-husband in mind during each conversation.
3. Your wedding will be a sight to behold. Meghan is brimming with creativity and has all of the craftiness required (if you don’t) to bring your collective creative visions to life. She has exceptional attention to detail, but will never lose the forest for the trees.
2. Your whole wedding weekend will be stress-free. Seriously. Meghan and her team believe that once the wedding weekend arrives, you should feel and be treated like a guest at your own event. And despite the fact that in my personal and work life, I am a true control freak, Meghan made sure that this “guest” aspiration really became a reality. Due to Shindig’s impeccable planning and execution, we spent our wedding enjoying the night: actually eating our dinner, out on the dance floor, and mingling with friends and family.
1. Meghan is truly one of the loveliest people you will ever have the pleasure of working with…ever. Six months after our wedding, we are still missing her weekly presence in our lives. And when we plan our next trip back to Charlottesville, a visit with her will be on the top of our list.
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
TEARS! TEARS were brought to my eyes, Chelsea! WOW ~ I am honored by your kindness and likewise missing the weekly interactions. I would be happy to come up with my own "Top Five" list of Reasons Why Every Person Should Have a Chelsea in Their Lives. You were an amazing wife and planner, and I couldn't have been prouder of our collective accomplishment of your wedding. THANK YOU!
Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I knew when my daughter and fiance started making plans for their wedding, perhaps a wedding planner would be a good idea (my husband, not so sure). As the mother of one daughter, planning a wedding was not something that I had any experience with-my own wedding was small, in my home, and very simple. Meghan not only provided us with schedules, deadlines, vendor advice, opinions when asked for, decisions when needed, but the peace of mind and confidence that our wedding vision would become a reality-one that we could all enjoy when we "crossed over" (Meghan's words) and became guests.

It truly was a night/weekend to remember-one that we wish we could replay over and over-and yes my husband admits hiring Meghan and Shindig "best move ever!"
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Karen, I loved getting to know your whole family throughout the process! It was pure joy -- and culminated in such an amazing, almost surreal day. Chelsea and Evan were a fabulous couple to work with, and having you in the wings (with your calming presence and fabulous sewing!!!) made this planning process just amazing. I look forward to catching up with everyone when Cville draws you back for a visit!
Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can't say enough about Meghan Streit and Shindig. My husband and I decided to do a non-traditional format for our wedding (afternoon ceremony, heavy hors d'oeuvres and cake reception, dinner with just family and a late night party at bar with a live musician.) While other planners I interviewed tried to push the more traditional format on us, she embraced my idea from the beginning and helped us create the absolute perfect day. I couldn't have done it without her. She was always on top of things, recommended excellent vendors for us, suggested unique creative ideas for favors and decorations, and everyone involved in our wedding loved her. She was professional and relaxed the entire time, which helped keep my stress level low throughout the entire planning process. Not only did she help us have a perfect wedding, but she made the process of getting there fun. I can't recommend her enough.
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Leslie, thank you so much for your kind words! You and Dutch had the most amazing day, and I was DELIGHTED with how we proved to everyone, including ourselves, how staying within a budget CAN be done....and beautifully! I adored your celebration, and wish you all the best!
Wedding: 04/28/2012

Anonymous 2 Reviews
If you read no more than the first two lines of this review all you need to know is: Shindig Weddings and Events created an event that was a truly enjoyable and memorable occasion. Meghan and her team were professionals and friends from the start of the process until today, and we could not be more grateful for having them be a part of our wedding experience.

Below are several of their most important contributions (the list could be longer but there’s a character limit!):

Understanding our “vision” for the day: Meghan got to know us – as individuals and as a couple – by listening attentively and knowing the right questions to ask to discover what would make the event truly “us”. She thought outside the box and presented us creative options that made for a very personalized and intimate event.

Responsiveness to our needs: Meghan set up regular calls and meetings with us to make sure we were comfortable with the planning process, and never failed to return a call or an email in a timely fashion - or to proactively reach out to update us or do a “pulse check”. She regularly sent us updated itineraries to review, taking the burden off of us to track this information.

Managing expectations: The team seemed to intuitively understand the stress I felt about others’ expectations, and thought creatively about how to structure the ceremony and reception to relieve this personal stress. Meghan talked with me as a friend and I came to rely on her and trust her - I don’t know what I would have done without that personal connection.

Relationships with other vendors: The vendors that Shindig recommended were many of the same names that we had heard about, but Meghan had clearly cultivated a personal relationship with them that made us feel like we were able to have a frank and productive conversation with all of them, while still focusing on making our day special and personal.

Thanks, Shindig, for making the day such a success!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Meghan and her team are invaluable and are a pleasure to work with. I was able to relax and had complete trust her team had everything under control. I definitely recommend working with them!
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much, Shannon! It was a pleasure working with you and Matt for the past year, and our team was delighted and proud of how flawlessly your wedding day ran, especially given some of those last minute curve balls! Thank you so much for bringing me on board - blessings on you two in your married life!
Wedding: 12/03/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with Shindig was like having a team of talented, fun, and caring friends plan our wedding. The actual planning process ended up being way more fun than I could have imagined. Whenever my husband and I met with or talked to Meghan, we left feeling more psyched about the big day--not overwhelmed at all. Meghan was so enthusiastic about the whole project, while still being an excellent organizer. As a result, my husband and I (and our families) weren't frazzled leading up to the wedding. We had everything in order and could enjoy the weekend without any concerns. Shindig had all of the details well in hand, and we felt very taken care of the entire weekend.

Shindig was also a huge creative force in our wedding. My husband and I knew that we wanted a library-themed wedding. Meghan and her team took our idea to the next level with beautiful details and fun touches. They made sure that our theme ran throughout the evening without looking over-the-top or silly at all. Everything was unique and elegant. Walking into the reception for the first time blew my mind--it was everything I'd been picturing for the last year and better! They even included surprising personal touches for us, like references to our favorite books on our hand-made plate charger. (The DIY details were AMAZING.)

Not only did my husband and I absolutely love our wedding, but so did our guests! Our parents loved working with Shindig as well, and we got so many fantastic compliments on the wedding. It was really exciting to know that our friends and family had as much fun as we did.

Our wedding was truly the best day of our lives, and we owe a big part of that to Shindig. They are the perfect combination of professional, organized, fun, creative, and caring. They will give you a wedding that is not only beautiful but meaningful as well. Charlottesville brides, book Shindig asap!
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Annie, you and Walt were absolute joys to work with! I treasure the creative dynamic of our partnership, and I am so pleased by the end result...and delighted for the joy this day brought you two! I look forward to being friends with Mr.and Mrs. McG for years to come!
Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Meghan Streit and Shindig Events gave us the wedding of our dreams! Meghan stepped in when our first wedding planner needed to bow out for personal reasons, and while we were nervous at first, Meghan immediately put us at ease from the get-go. She is extremely professional, gracious, organized and creative. Every encounter, over phone, email, Facetime or in person, impressed me more and more. I was long distance planning from a different state, and her availability and flexibility were so reassuring and instilled tremendous confidence. I also felt like I was her only bride, and I could tell she was truly excited for our wedding. That personal investment and pride in my event really came through in the final product. Her team was extremely professional, fun, dependable and relatable. If there was a suggestion during planning that was not to my taste, Meghan made it easy to voice my preferences and honed in on exactly my vision. She also could expand that vision and make it more than I could have ever imagined. I never felt shirked for time or attention, even while she balanced her own family and life. In fact, I admire her dedication, balance and ability to multi-task.
The team on the wedding day was priceless and I felt complete confidence and peace. Just as importantly, my mom and the groom adored Meghan and what she brought to the table. Initially, my now-husband was looking for certain strengths in our planner--organization, focus, ability to resist distraction and sticking to budget--which he quickly noted in Meghan and her business method. She even provided a schedule for the day-of, timed down to the minute!!!
Unavoidably, we had a few VERY minor set-up errors on the day of due to the venue staff, and Meghan quickly addressed them with the venue staff and everything was corrected immediately and to perfection. Meghan even bustled my dress perfectly with extra safety pins when what the seamstress had done wasn't quite enough.
I feel as if I made a friend throughout this process, and Meghan made the entire thing even more fun, exciting, memorable and STRESS-FREE. I would strongly recommend her and her team without any hesitation for any event.
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Jen, you are a dear and so much fun to work with! Thank you so very much for letting me join your team...it was an unbelievably beautiful and unique wedding!
Wedding: 10/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hiring Meghan Streit of Shindig was the best decision I made during the entire wedding planning process. She took my ideas and brought them to life in ways that I could have never imagined on my own. Meghan went above and beyond in every way to help me and my husband create the most perfect ceremony and reception. Every one of our guests has commented on how fabulous the decor was, how smooth the day went and how professional her and her staff were. We have had many of our friends and family say it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I never once doubted Meghan's commitment to MY vision. She is truly a wonder woman and I am hugely grateful for her and her Shindig magic!

I would hire Shindig again in a heartbeat for any other event I was planning and recommend her wholeheartedly to any future bride!
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Courtney, your wedding was STUNNING! Thank you so much for the creative license you afforded me and for trusting me so -- your wedding was gorgeous from start to finish. You were the most CALM, centered bride, and a joy to work with. I look forward to being friends with the Hardens for years to come!
Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the day my mother and I first met Meghan over coffee nine months before the wedding until the last guest left the wedding reception, Meghan was 110% committed to the project of helping us plan and execute the day of our dreams. Each meeting throughout the planning process gave us better focus, even more energy, and a sense of calm that everything would come together beautifully, knowing that Meghan truly "got: our vision. Her professionalism, attention to details, eye for style, and endless warmth and enthusiasm made her a joy to work with every step of the way. She kept us focused and on track, was mindful of our budget (even when I was not), was a fantastic listener, is amazingly creative, and knew just how to polish our ideas or take them to the next level.

We chose to have our reception at my family's home, so, for my parents, Meghan and her team represented peace of mind. She enabled them (and us) to fully enjoy the entire wedding weekend without feeling like the organizers. From the moment she arrived at our house for the final walk-through the Thursday before the wedding, we were able to relax and hand the reins over with full confidence that everything would be perfect... and it was! The whole weekend was a dream, and we could not have done it without Meghan. I wholeheartedly recommend Meghan and the Shindig team to any couple, whether you are looking for a comprehensive planning package or assistance and guidance along the way - Shindig has you covered!
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Kelly, your wedding was GORGEOUS! We could not have asked for a more beautiful backdrop or couple -- you and John impressed me so much with your teamwork and sweetness to everyone involved in your wedding, and I look forward to being friends with you both for years to come! Shindig love!
Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
In all the details involved in planning our daughter’s destination wedding in Charlottesville, hiring Shindig Weddings and Events was the best decision we made. Meghan Streit made it a magical event we will always remember, and managed every detail with precision so we could enjoy the wedding and not worry about a thing. Meghan was born to be an event planner. She is efficient, communicative, detail-oriented, diplomatic, ethical, creative and fun. Meghan is a wonderful listener, and was able to take my daughter’s vision of the wedding she’d dreamed of and make it a reality within our budget. Meghan was extraordinarily positive and encouraging about our unique ideas, and then built upon them with her eye for detail and great taste. I cannot imagine going through this process of planning and executing a wedding with anyone else. We would hire her again without a moment’s hesitation. We give Meghan Streit and Shindig Wedding and Events our highest recommendation.
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Deni, what a night it was! Even with the power outage, this remains one of the most spectacular weddings I have ever seen, period! Thank you so much for your faith and trust - It was a blessing to be part of your team!
Wedding: 07/03/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Meghan Streit, of Shindig Weddings and Events, is the perfect mixture of professionalism, organization, creativity, and pure joy. When my husband and I were first engaged, I experienced the thrill of knowing that we were just beginning our life together-- and the intimidating task of how to make a wedding happen. Then came Meghan Streit.

There is no way that our wedding would have been the beautifully orchestrated event it was without Meghan's steady hand at the helm. From budget planning, to planning schedule, to creative (and handmade by Shindig) touches, Meghan created and guided us into the wedding day I had always dreamed of. She is truly the best of the best among wedding planners. Meghan is insanely and wonderfully detail-oriented. She can take your vision and turn it into a reality, she did for us and with that really took our event to the next level. Meghan's ability to anticipate our needs as well as the needs of our guests provided a sense of security and trust that is indispensable to a bride on her wedding day. In retrospect, hiring Shindig Weddings and Events was the best decision I made throughout the entire planning process. If you are getting married in Charlottesville or the surrounding area, Shindig is absolutely the way to go.
Shindig Weddings and Events LLC responded with the following comments:
Shindig love to the Ornees! What a lovely, lovely wedding it was -- and such a pleasure to come along both of your families for this wedding. You two were absolutely stunning and so full of LIFE and joy -- which made for a gorgeous wedding!
Wedding: 06/04/2011
 434-987-9581
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire