Pittsburgh's Grand Hall at The Priory

Value
4.7
Flexibility
[Private]

Staff is extremely helpful! Willing to be flexible.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our feb 7 2015 wedding at the pittsburgh grand hall and could not be happier . We purchased the winter grand package and it was the best value ! Trish and Sarah Lynn were amazing to work with and coordinated everything with our dj and officiant. The food was amazing and all of our gust continue to comment on this and how beautiful the grand hall is ! We could have not asked for a more beautiful and amazing wedding !! Thank you so much Trish and Sarah Lynn

Recently Married

All of the staff at the Priory was absolutely fantastic - we worked with Sara-Lynn and she was amazing. throughout the planning process, Sara-Lynn offered advice and well thoughtout feedback. Day of the wedding, she made sure everything was perfect, and it was. Our guests raved about the food, the cake, and the venue as a whole - they didn't miss a thing and it really showed. Our day was absolutely everything we hoped for, and we would recommend The Priory to everyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words can not describe how perfect my wedding was (sorry to brag)! The Priory did an amazing job and was easy to work with. They are willing to help you in any way. I was nervous about the food because you book the venue before you get to taste any food. Let me reassure you, IT IS AMAZING. I had a lot of compliments from my guests regarding how tasty everything was. No one went home hungry. Beautiful and Unique venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment I found out about the priory, I knew this was the place for us. This was the only venue my husband and I had to look at. From the moment we walked in, we knew it was our venue. Sara-Lynn was amazing. She always responded to our emails and calls the same day and was truly our wedding planner. The Thursday before the wedding, she met with me walked me through every detail and introduced me to all her staff. I was worried the night of the wedding that she wasn't going to be there but the rest of her staff did an amazing job. We have received so much feedback from family and friends on how impressed they were with the venue, service, food and DJ. I can honestly say I would not change one thing about my wedding. Yes, it was a stretch on our budget but the food (crab tilapia and almond chicken) was amazing! I would highly recommend the Priory. I wish I could relive this night all over again, minus the rain! Thank you Sara-Lynn and team, you were amazing

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding at The Priory almost a year ago and are still receiving compliments on how convenient and beautiful it was from our guests. It is such a beautiful venue and was so convenient to have the ceremony and reception in the same room without people even needing to move from their table. Sarah Lynn was amazing. We had A LOT of road blocks and almost catastrophes that had nothing to do with the venue, however, Sarah Lynn handled all of them and kept me out of the loop so I could enjoy the day. I didn't even know most of it was happening until my girls told me the next day. They were so easy to work with and take care of everything that it was the easiest part of the wedding planning. It's such a special place and I'm so happy that it is where the memories of our wedding were made.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

I am a musician and a wedding vendor myself, and so when planning my wedding, I had the advantage of already having experienced some of the most beautiful wedding venues in Pittsburgh. Five years before my engagement, I played for a cocktail hour that was held in the Grand Hall. The beauty of the venue took my breath away. Originally, I thought I would plan an outdoor wedding. However, as we were planning a wedding in Pittsburgh, a city with completely unpredictable weather (which I dealt with in playing for so many outdoor weddings at different times of the year), I decided that it was important to have an indoor party to alleviate any stress and to have flexibility in choosing a date. The Grand Hall turned out to be the perfect setting for our special celebration. Not only was the venue beautiful, but the food was fantastic!

I especially appreciated Heather, who coordinated our wedding day. She was quickly responsive to any questions I had in the months leading up to our event. She also made sure everything went really smoothly the day of our wedding.

We'd like to send a shout out to Rob the bartender...he was especially awesome!

The Priory is also wonderful in that it offers an adjacent hotel to house wedding guests. It is also very close to downtown Pittsburgh. Many of our guests walked to downtown restaurants, and some even walked to the stadium to enjoy a Pirates game.

Many thanks to the Priory for handling the circus of our two immense families with such grace, and for giving us the gift of a lovely place to house our celebration!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely AMAZING experience having our wedding at the Priory!!!!!!!!! Heather, the Priory's Event Planner, helped us every step of the way. From the moment we chose the Priory as our venue (which we fell in love with as soon as we walked in), Heather, was available to answer all of our questions, and put us at ease. She made sure to review all aspects of our wedding reception and made the hall look AMAZING on our wedding day. Our guests raved about the food and the elegance of the Venue. We also used the Priory bakery for our cake, and it was a big hit as well.. thank you so much for all your hard work Heather. you guys made my fairy tale a reality!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with the Priory as soon as we saw it. We got married in March and were given the Winter Wedding Package which is a huge discount over summer months and the absolute highest-end details the Priory has to offer. My husband and I both work full-time and long hours and didn't have time to worry about small details. The Priory took care of everything! We worked with Heather, Sara-Lynn, and Christine throughout the process and each one of them made the process as painless as possible. They gave tips on details I wouldn't have thought of, made sure that every aspect of the wedding ran perfectly, and treated us - as well as all of our guests - like royalty. I can't tell you how many of our friends and family commented afterwards how professional the staff was and the food was excellent. Sara-Lynn ran our wedding reception. Everything ran perfectly and neither my husband or I felt stressed or pushed around in the least. Every detail was planned ahead of time by the Priory and it ran flawlessly. Sara-Lynn even ran to get sewing supplies when the bustle on by dress broke during the cocktail hour! The service was so smooth and flawless I was truly blown away. One of the best things about having our wedding at the Grand Hall at the Priory was having hotel rooms available in the building as well. The rooms were beautiful and very reasonably priced. We even used the apartment suite on the 4th floor for people to get together who wanted to continue the celebration after the wedding. An absolutely gorgeous property. Whether you aren't someone who is into the small details and overwhelmed by the process (like me!) or someone who wants to plan every detail the Priory will make sure your day is perfect and help you every step of the way. They were flexible and accommodated every need we had without complaint. The Priory was well worth the money with our package and much less expensive that most of the other venues that we looked at if you are willing to get married in a

1+ year ago

The Grand Hall was a perfect venue for our reception. The space was decorated wonderfully and the service and food was phenomenal. The staff at the Grand Hall was easy to work with and had tastings and meetings to help with the decision making process during the planning stages.

1+ year ago

We recently had our wedding at the Priory Grand Hall. It was absolutely everything we could have wanted. The venue was gorgeous, the service was excellent, and the food was really delicious. All of our guests have said what a wonderful time they had! At the end of the night, the whole staff helped us gather up leftover cookies and the valets even pulled my mom's car from the parking lot and loaded it for her! We really could not have asked for any better service!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception at the Grand Hall at the Priory on 1.25.14. From the beginning, working with Heather was easy! She is laid back but super attentive to detail. She is easy to contact and responds in a timely manner. She made sure to review all aspects of our wedding reception and made the hall look AMAZING on our wedding day. She paid attention to small details and stayed to wish us well that night. Her wedding team is also awesome to work with... From Gretchen to Sarah, the entire staff at the Priory was awesome. It is a BEAUTIFUL venue and I recommend highly....

Jerra
01/18/2014

Everything for the wedding as phenomenal - the food was to die for, even the appetizers were delicious! The bar was excellently staffed and I never saw a long line of people waiting to get drinks. Heather was fantastic, she took care of every little detail and the night went so smoothly! The food was awesome, get the mango glazed chicken with goat cheese, seriously its soooo good! Everyone said the filet was melt-in-your mouth good but I had the chicken. The service was great and the Hall looked absolutely beautiful - we added the wall of lights behind our table and I would highly recommend it, it made a great backdrop for reception pictures. We really had nothing to worry about the day of our wedding, Heather and the Hall made us feel so secure and allowed us just to enjoy ourselves!

The only thing at our reception was that we had bought glow sticks to give out, and they were never distributed - not sure if this was on the Hall or our DJ, it was definitely on me and my husband as well because we were having so much fun we completely forgot we had them - but we wish someone would have remembered.

The one negative wouldn't be for Heather or for the Hall but for the Priory Hotel - we had family and friends book their rooms months in advance so we did not block them - when they booked their room they were told a certain price but when our wedding came the price had gone up - they adjusted the rates for some of us but that would be my only complaint, that they should have given them the price the room was when they booked it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a fantastic experience having our wedding at the priory. It was a little different the way they do the good tasting because the just have an open house and if you can come you can sample some but not all items. However they assured us the food has a great reputation, and they were correct. The guests and we enjoyed all of the food from appetizers to entrees. The staff was very attentive and professional and they clean everything up for you at the end of the night. All of our decorations, extra cookies, and all supplies were ready for us to load in the car. (Also, I'd like to add 2 members of the staff helped us unload our decorations etc and take them into the hall as well.) Our wedding was perfect. If you are considering a winter wedding it's extra nice because the hall was all beautifully decorated for the holidays!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start by saying that Heather and Sarah Lynn are amazing!! These two women are extremely professional, well organized, work well together and are willing to help with anything and everything. Being an organized person myself, I was nervous to leave so many details on the day of the wedding up to someone else, but they made sure that everything was done as expected. Because of their hard work and attention to detail, our day went perfectly!!

The venue is absolutely beautiful in and of itself, but the level of service really makes it the perfect place for a wedding. Furthermore, the food goes above and beyond typical "wedding food." We offered chicken, pork and mushroom; all of which the guests were raving about!

We were a little skeptical about having our ceremony in the same room with guests already seated at their tables, but we received positive feedback from our guests that they loved this set up. We liked the convenience of it too.

The only negative I will point out is that the Priory Hotel did mess up some of our guests' reservations and the shuttle that we had reserved. The hotel is beautiful, but overall, it was rather unorganized. It is disappointing because the Grand Hall side of the operation is SO well run that we were expecting a similar level of service and organization from the hotel side. Overall, it was not a big deal, but there is a noticeable difference between the professionalism and attention to detail provided by the two different parts of the operation.

Once again, thank you to Heather and Sarah Lynn for all of your hard work and making our day perfect!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ever since we saw the Grand Hall, we knew it was a top contender for where we wanted to have our reception. The knowledgeable, professional staff that could put our minds at ease and make sure every detail was thought of made it the clear choice for us. Our day was wonderful and the Priory's detailed timeline and quick responses to my numerous emails over the last year and a half added up to a great experience. We got so many compliments on the food and how everything was perfect. We're so happy with how everything turned out, I couldn't imagine our wedding any differently.